Aliens vs Avengers

Started by MudButt, Apr 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM

Author
Aliens vs Avengers (Read 3,987 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 18, 2024, 09:06:29 PMWhat's next? Aliens vs. Buzz f**king Lightyear?

Just unlocked a memory of this drawing I did when I was a teenager lol

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah we've already run through a lot of DC crossovers. I'm not interested but its hardly offensive or new.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

lol, it was inevitable. Nice for those who enjoy it, but this will 100% never be in my collection along with the Aliens vs Superman etc shite that came before it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun non-canon crossovers (I mean, Aliens vs Predator itself is one such example.. I didn't mind Judge Dredd vs Aliens either... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), but traditional comic book superheroes have no place in *any* take on the Alien universe in my eyes tbh. But each to their own :-)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2024, 09:13:10 PMHow is this somehow a remarkable problem?

It's not, that's my problem.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Batman Vs Predator and Wolverine Vs Predator are both excellent, but they are interesting characters that fit the tone of the Predator.

The Avengers though? Meh.

bulletproof2k

bulletproof2k

That's cool  8)

Mr. Joe

Mr. Joe

Avengers is weak give Weapon X, Team X, Wolverine, Maverick, Cable, Bishop, Deathloks, Blade, Punisher  vs Aliens, Predaliens, Predators, Enginers ...   

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 18, 2024, 10:01:58 PMBatman Vs Predator and Wolverine Vs Predator are both excellent, but they are interesting characters that fit the tone of the Predator.

The Avengers though? Meh.
Batman vs Predator works better than Aliens vs Predator. That's a movie I want to see.

SM

SM

Looks fun.  Surprised it took them this long.

T Dog

T Dog

I'd definitely be rooting for the Aliens in this one! Egg Morphing for all! Also does a chestburster get the powers of an Avenger it grows inside?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

👁🦇👁👉👈

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I'm surprised they went with the Avengers and not Guardians of the Galaxy for the obvious reasons but I guess The Avengers is just a bigger name. It's also funny how they did this before an AVP comic.

The artcover looks incredible though, I love the painter artbrush style.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2024, 09:13:10 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 18, 2024, 09:06:29 PMI just find this whole concept offensive. What's next? Aliens vs. Buzz f**king Lightyear?
If it was, so what?

We had Aliens vs Predator vs Batman vs Superman. We had Predator vs Archie - twice. We had Deadliest of the Species.

How is this somehow a remarkable problem?

Yeah, I also don't know why some people are so angry with it. For starters, we all knew it was gonna happen at some point. Secondly, superhero crossovers aren't anything new for the franchise, it's actually pretty fun and nostalgic to have them back. And finally, Marvel appears to taking this one seriously by assigning a big name to write it. It doesn't mean he can't make mistake of course. Worst case scenario, we'll just get luckluster crossover. It's nothing new either, we had plenty of those in DH times. Also, series like this one have chance to attract some eventual  new folks to the Alien franchise.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2024, 09:13:10 PMHow is this somehow a remarkable problem?

Batman and Superman are fairly dark, adult properties compared to the Avengers, especially recently, so they make more sense when paired up with Alien. Plus, they're from a different studio, so they're actual crossovers. As for the Archie stuff, that should have been left in the past where it belongs. Hell, even the Predator vs. Wolverine thing kinda made sense.

But this is just wrong. It has Plusaversary vibes. I hate that D*sney is mashing up its candy-hued kiddy heroes with Alien. I just think it's wrong. To quote Charlie Holloway, "...'Cause we could."

Kradan

Kradan

Superman is dark ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed