***If PREDATOR was directed by James Cameron, what would it be like?**

Started by nicky, Feb 10, 2008, 09:24:55 AM

Author
***If PREDATOR was directed by James Cameron, what would it be like?** (Read 3,368 times)

nicky

nicky

I think it'd be more of a blast 'em up and a whole lot less of the suspense and mystery that McTiernan does so well. The comraderie of the team would be more evident and I doubt he'd have made them as professional as McT made them - maybe he'd have made them more smart-ass like the USCM (if he didnt already direct Aliens). Anna would do a lot more too. I also think the tostesterone filled macho feel of the movie would be reduced.

I dont think it would have been better though - Cameron to me just doesnt match the ability to create mystery and suspense quite like McT. I actually prefer McT (when he's good) as a director to Cameron - I think McT is great at setting mood while Cameron is better at setting up characters.

Dark Passenger

QuoteI think it'd be more of a blast 'em up and a whole lot less of the suspense and mystery that McTiernan does so well.

there was alot of suspensein the movie aliens...

Russian_Predator

Haha, James Cameron as director of Predator:

Running time would be about 150 min.
In squad would be twelve troopers: 9 men and 3 women.
Would be friendly fire by one woman: 2 killed by her too.
Would be off-screen killings: two too.

:D

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Russian_Predator on Feb 10, 2008, 11:17:32 AM
Haha, James Cameron as director of Predator:

Running time would be about 150 min.
In squad would be twelve troopers: 9 men and 3 women.
Would be friendly fire by one woman: 2 killed by her too.
Would be off-screen killings: two too.

:D

thats funny how?

Russian_Predator

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 10, 2008, 11:19:39 AM
thats funny how?

...and protagonists would be Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton, instead Schwarzenegger.  ;)

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Russian_Predator on Feb 10, 2008, 11:23:44 AM
Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 10, 2008, 11:19:39 AM
thats funny how?

...and protagonists would be Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton, instead Schwarzenegger.  ;)

ohhh yes i get it now.....sounds hysterical... :P

nicky

nicky

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 10, 2008, 09:27:00 AMthere was alot of suspensein the movie aliens...
To me Aliens didn't have that air of mystery of an unknown force stalking the team - to me it didn't have that "there's-something-out-there-waiting-for-us" feel. I think McT made Predator feel more "adult" and more of a suspense-thriller as opposed to Cameron who made Aliens more accessible to teens by making it an action-thriller more so than McT did with Predator.

Uncanny Antman

Jimmy was making a sequel.  There is always less suspense in the known than there is in the unknown.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 10, 2008, 02:07:50 PM
Jimmy was making a sequel.  There is always less suspense in the known than there is in the unknown.

exactly....james cameron needed to do something different than the first...of course predator had that feeling the first time you watched it but when i watch in nowa days it doent have that mystery becausei already have seen the predator...

Deadly Lotus

Cellien

Probably would have had a lot more character development and back story.  The production value would probably be better.  Better effects, better cinematography.  I'm sure the story would have a decent subplot.

I'm not dogging Predator, but the movie is fairly shallow, while still very enjoyable however.

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Feb 11, 2008, 04:01:28 PM
Probably would have had a lot more character development and back story.  The production value would probably be better.  Better effects, better cinematography.  I'm sure the story would have a decent subplot.

I'm not dogging Predator, but the movie is fairly shallow, while still very enjoyable however.

I agree with that actually even though I love predator. If you take a step back to look at it you'll see that it's just a cheesy 80's action film that got a break.

Cellien

Quote from: severen76 on Feb 11, 2008, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Feb 11, 2008, 04:01:28 PM

I agree with that actually even though I love predator. If you take a step back to look at it you'll see that it's just a cheesy 80's action film that got a break.

That's how I feel too.  I personally love the movie, but I don't think it's quite a masterpiece, technically speaking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed