Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 361,332 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 22, 2013, 01:07:51 PM
Only when mixed with convolution.
Hardly. Use a different base counting system. Nothing convoluted about it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 08:09:04 AMSo identical relatives generations apart has been addressed already? Do tell :) It's not another one in a billion freak event explanation like the guy who lived with a metal spike blown out through his forehead again is it?

In fairness, I look almost identical to my great-grandfather, to the point where people often think a photograph of him in my house is actually a picture of me.

blood.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2013, 08:55:53 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 08:09:04 AMSo identical relatives generations apart has been addressed already? Do tell :) It's not another one in a billion freak event explanation like the guy who lived with a metal spike blown out through his forehead again is it?

In fairness, I look almost identical to my great-grandfather, to the point where people often think a photograph of him in my house is actually a picture of me.

To the point that if you were given the same hair style and clothes and stood next to each other at the same age nobody could tell you apart? And aren't avp and alien 3 2oo years apart or something

maledoro

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 08:09:04 AMSo identical relatives generations apart has been addressed already?
If you think that these guys are.

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 08:09:04 AMDo tell
Told. Go back and read.

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 08:09:04 AMIt's not another one in a billion freak event explanation like the guy who lived with a metal spike blown out through his forehead again is it?
Probably not.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 23, 2013, 08:13:20 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Jul 22, 2013, 01:07:51 PMOnly when mixed with convolution.
Hardly. Use a different base counting system. Nothing convoluted about it.
...and there you have it.

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 09:19:12 AMTo the point that if you were given the same hair style and clothes and stood next to each other at the same age nobody could tell you apart? And aren't avp and alien 3 2oo years apart or something
Take a closer look at their hair (color is a hint); not to mention their clothes (which has no bearing here).

Valaquen

Quote from: Vermillion on Jun 23, 2013, 02:32:15 PM
Obviously if this thread is over 3100 posts then the writers and director did a very bad job showing/telling what "BIshop" was.
The writers and director did a bad job of just about everything. Not entirely their fault. It's not their fault the fandom is stubborn and largely uninformed of their film's intentions.

blood.

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 23, 2013, 11:30:59 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 23, 2013, 09:19:12 AMTo the point that if you were given the same hair style and clothes and stood next to each other at the same age nobody could tell you apart? And aren't avp and alien 3 2oo years apart or something
Take a closer look at their hair (color is a hint); not to mention their clothes (which has no bearing here).

lol

Valaquen

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 23, 2013, 11:43:38 AM
Obviously if this thread is over 3100 posts then the writers and director did a very bad job showing/telling what "BIshop" was.
The writers and director did a bad job of just about everything. Not entirely their fault. It's not their fault the fandom is stubborn and largely uninformed of their film's intentions.
... ... or it might be, I'm never quite sure... ...

DoomRulz

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 23, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

The fandom is dumb, sorry to say. It's been explained and definitively said he's human countless times but people choose to plug their ears and scream, "NA NA NA, CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:08:44 PMThe fandom is dumb, sorry to say. It's been explained and definitively said he's human countless times but people choose to plug their ears and scream, "NA NA NA, CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!".

When has it ever been DEFINITIVELY said?

It certainly isn't in the film, and if casually viewing the film is the only interaction a person has had with the character, how can they be called dumb for not knowing any batter?

DoomRulz

I can't find the quote as this present time, but the writers have said he is human. And in reference to a casual viewer, they would see red blood and instinctively say he's human. If they aren't overly familiar with the series, they won't be scrambling to fanboy arguments like "Well, they just filled an android up with red paint to fool Ripley".

Which brings me to point three: yes, it is in the film. Bishop says as much ("familiar face") and he bleeds red blood.

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2013, 01:22:00 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:08:44 PMThe fandom is dumb, sorry to say. It's been explained and definitively said he's human countless times but people choose to plug their ears and scream, "NA NA NA, CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!".

When has it ever been DEFINITIVELY said?
"I'M NOT A DROOIIIID."

If you assume he's lying, then that's your assumption.

You can switch the audio and listen to the commentary with the push of a button and hear Tom Woodruff and Lance Henriksen (pre-AVP shenanigns) tell you the same thing, as well as about Fincher's desire to have him be human.

Ah, it's like a religious debate  :laugh:

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:25:25 PM
I can't find the quote as this present time, but the writers have said he is human. And in reference to a casual viewer, they would see red blood and instinctively say he's human. If they aren't overly familiar with the series, they won't be scrambling to fanboy arguments like "Well, they just filled an android up with red paint to fool Ripley".

Which brings me to point three: yes, it is in the film. Bishop says as much ("familiar face") and he bleeds red blood.
http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/debate-bishop-ii-man-or-machine/

^ why isn't this your one-stop shop for info, Doom?  :laugh:

DerelictShip

:laugh: Why is this even a question? The director intended that to be the real guy, a real - human - guy. We saw the blood, he confessed about it, end of story. The only thing that screws this up is that in AVP they have the same character, but did you ever think that was the guys great great great great grandfather? Bottom line HUMAN, no other answer should apply.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 24, 2013, 01:28:26 PM"I'M NOT A DROOIIIID."
That's only in the extended version. He does say he's "very human" in the theatrical version, but he says it right before he claims he only wants to destroy the alien inside Ripley, and that's clearly bullshit.

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jul 24, 2013, 01:38:35 PM:laugh: Why is this even a question? The director intended that to be the real guy, a real - human - guy. We saw the blood, he confessed about it, end of story. The only thing that screws this up is that in AVP they have the same character, but did you ever think that was the guys great great great great grandfather? Bottom line HUMAN, no other answer should apply.
And Lance Henriksen has gone on record in interviews claiming the character was a droid.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 24, 2013, 01:28:26 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:25:25 PM

http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/debate-bishop-ii-man-or-machine/

^ why isn't this your one-stop shop for info, Doom?  :laugh:

That's not a site I frequent, lol. But thanks for that!

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2013, 02:12:42 PM
And Lance Henriksen has gone on record in interviews claiming the character was a droid.
And he's gone on record saying the opposite. He changed his mind after AVP, since that's what that particular story needed to justify his presence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed