alien vision?...

Started by skuLLy, Sep 16, 2007, 05:40:02 AM

Author
alien vision?... (Read 1,785 times)

skuLLy

skuLLy

Would we be seeing that in the movie or no?...

Punk19

Punk19

Specify? Like the green vision that the Predators used in AvP or actual vision by the aliens? If the second one, I hope not.

arnold23

arnold23

Doubt it.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Didn't we get a POV of an alien in Alien 3, so does that mean that they have some sort of optical recptors, like eyes? or do they have some other means of getting a mental image of their surroundings, and it just happens to be similar to how we see things?

I've always sort of wondered, but from Alien 3, thats pretty much how they see I think, so they have some sort of eyes somewhere, or whatever they use to 'see' gives them an image essentially like how humans see things.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

The POV shots in A3 are not how the Alien sees. It is what it is: a POV shot. The camera is simply putting the viewer in the spot of the Alien.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^Amen.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

I thought they had some kind of night vision, they can see cloaked preds.

Daweism

Daweism

They are aliens, they have senses unfathomable to humans, our brains would explode should the facts be explained to us because our puny brains simply cannot comprehend such things.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Well, Grid saw a cloaked pred, but Lex saw it too, it just wasn't a good time for the cloaking, sometimes its very effective against humans, others not

but POV stands for point of view, if thats the point of view of the alien, isn't that what its seeing?

I mean, has fincher or anybody said that that was specifically not supposed to be the alien vision?

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

QuoteWell, Grid saw a cloaked pred, but Lex saw it too, it just wasn't a good time for the cloaking, sometimes its very effective against humans, others not
People can see cloaked preds if their too close to them, just llike arnold in PREDATOR 1.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I always hoped for something superimposed on Alien vision. Like the outline of an emotional and/or electromagnetic aura. Probably a number of other things, too (such as superimposing something like what was seen in 'Pitch Black' on top of that, at the same time). Something to differentiate them from something so mundane as our own.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

yeah, that would have worked better, a sort of echo location type thing, and I agree, aliens seeing Pitck Black style would have been cool

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

When we say POV, we mean it from a camera perspective. We aren't seeing through the Alien's eyes because they don't have eyes :P. We are being shown what it is like to be on the Alien side of the chase. It isn't a literal "seeing through his eyes" kind of thing. I always figured the way Alien's see is something we don't know. They have an ability to see in a completely alien way. The POV in A3 is simply a camera angle.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Well, not to be annoying, but they don't have eyes we know of, and even if they have some method of seeing other then eyesight, I think its possible it looks like what it was in A3, there is nothing in the film to say thats just a camera angle

I mean, we have the predator POV shots, and technically those are camera angles, but I'm smart enough to realise that its showing how they see things

and I've always gotten that impression from Alien 3, even if they don't have eyes, I think those POV shots are POV shots, the alien's POV, not the alien's camera angle

Brightside

Brightside

QuoteI think those POV shots are POV shots, the alien's POV, not the alien's camera angle

If a movie shows a car POV in a carchase, do you start wondering if the car maybe has eyes, or some sort of computer navigation sistems that happens to produce a virtual image similar yo what we see? This is just unplausible. The aliens don't have eyes. They can't see the visible light spectrum. And if their perception is based on completely different senses, why the hell would it 'look' just like that? The Alien 3 shot was just a camera angle. Filming techniques are not the same for every movie, and because in Predator a Predator POV shot meant literally what he sees, it's not necessarily the same for Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed