Alien fanboys, stop being babies

Started by ScarPredator16, Aug 28, 2007, 03:51:10 PM

Author
Alien fanboys, stop being babies (Read 18,881 times)

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 10, 2007, 08:22:27 PM
QuotePredators traditionally fight "the lion" in h2h combat.

Except the first predator tried to shoot Dutch several times with the shoulder cannon, the 2nd predator tried to shoot Harrigan with a wrist rocket and attempted to throw his spear at him.  I don't know where you're getting that tradition idea from.

I meant they fight them face to face/one on one. In P1 and P2 the Predators could of killed Dutch and Harrigan by sniping them several times if they wanted to. I wasnt saying they dont use their weapons.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 09:04:59 PM
I meant they fight them face to face/one on one. In P1 and P2 the Predators could of killed Dutch and Harrigan by sniping them several times if they wanted to. I wasnt saying they dont use their weapons.

In the slaughterhouse, it attempted to do precisely that. It was just that the equipment was malfunctioning and it had to rely on a manual aim.

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 10, 2007, 03:26:41 PM
Quote from: Chaotic-Strike on Sep 10, 2007, 11:32:38 AM
""Predator" was originally titled "Hunter" but the title was scrapped to avoid confusion with the Fred Dreyer cop series of the same name."

Is there an echo in here?
heh quote me where I said why the title hunter was changed heh so wheres that echo agian? as Im pretty sure ive heard that one before :).

"You mean those two seconds, it does matter, how would the pred know. techniqually his weapon was still in use, the explosions, if he uses weapons he may be killed."

I thought the code was that predators dont attack unarmed people period its not sport for them as their opponet cant fight back. a woman was armed in pred 2 and yet he still did not attack her she wasnt a huge threat and as long as dutch is unarmed he isnt a huge threat even with primative weapons.

The predator was going to hunt dutch we see this when both are preparing. also wouldnt dutch just not arm himself if the predator would attack him because of it? and now that you mention him getting shot in the arm we  he seemed alot more concerned about anna them himself after all she was unarmed. but if the predator had a code she would be the least of his problems as he was armed at that moment.

"Already tackled this but here we go again. Dutch tricked him, the trap was a cheap move, he did not win the battle, the pred simply returns the favor (he doesn,t laugh by the way, it,s just an immitation of billy). Also In predator 2, although he has a code of honor, he doesnt hesitate to start the self-destruct mechanism when he is hanging at the railing with Glover, how is this different? Personally from a warriors point of view i find the reason to self-destruct much more reasonable than in part 2 since he was tricked."
Cheap ? I fail to see whats cheap about trying to survive being killed by some being that came to steal your skull. dutchs wasnt thinking about something as trival as being fair he was thinking how to survive.

what the self destruct stops when it is cut from his arm? Wouldnt be very technogly advance for the pred huh. as Im pretty sure it would of blown up if it was a self destruct.

Somehow the man (or boy) named C strike is oblivious to these points"

heh Im not the only one repeating myself but for someone who is supposly a "man" you sure are throwing out alot of childish insults.

"and still holding his own the predator would probably have a reason to be irrated or mad. but once dutch falls down the waterfall and his neck is between the predators blades the pred can either kill him quickly or beat on him.

I think you need to watch the movie again."

I think you would of said that no matter what I said.

"So a good/real hunter has a warrior-side ? "
sure but as I said before my problem wasnt that he had warrior aspects it was that the whole code and honor wasnt invented untill predator 2 which highlandpred says was wrong(even with all that maasai info I gave him) that was my main point from the start. you wonder why I repeat myself so much its because you keep asking me the same things ;D

Highland

Highland

Dude, your answering all the combat debates and not the 2 points put at hand in my post, with A) and B) before them.

There was no insult intended, many fans on this site are new and young to the franchise, you could be one of them.

It was me that brought the Maasai up. Lets just agree to disagree. Even though i have right in front of me, articles of concepts for the predator that were published in 1989, with pre-production notes and comments from the production team. Mctiernan, Robert Short, Alan Munro and the rest of the gang.

It makes no odds anyway, this is how the predator has developed. 

(ps its alot easier to debate another way, your posts are hard to read)

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: highlandpred on Sep 10, 2007, 11:22:08 PM
Dude, your answering all the combat debates and not the 2 points put at hand in my post, with A) and B) before them.

There was no insult intended, many fans on this site are new and young to the franchise, you could be one of them.

It was me that brought the Maasai up. Lets just agree to disagree. Even though i have right in front of me, articles of concepts for the predator that were published in 1989, with pre-production notes and comments from the production team. Mctiernan, Robert Short, Alan Munro and the rest of the gang.

It makes no odds anyway, this is how the predator has developed. 

(ps its alot easier to debate another way, your posts are hard to read

"It was me that brought the Maasai up. Lets just agree to disagree. Even though i have right in front of me, articles of concepts for the predator that were published in 1989, with pre-production notes and comments from the production team. Mctiernan, Robert Short, Alan Munro and the rest of the gang."

Im not disagreeing with you just to disagree if you have production notes you"ll bet me and others will want proof and if you gave what you had, most of it was contradicted by such things as it originally being called hunter and quotes from inside the movie and other things. But steping back they may have been considering the predator to have a code and such but from what I can tell it wasnt put in a movie form untill predator 2.

"Already tackled this but here we go again. Dutch tricked him, the trap was a cheap move, he did not win the battle, the pred simply returns the favor (he doesn,t laugh by the way, it,s just an immitation of billy). Also In predator 2, although he has a code of honor, he doesnt hesitate to start the self-destruct mechanism when he is hanging at the railing with Glover, how is this different?
Personally from a warriors point of view i find the reason to self-destruct much more reasonable than in part 2 since he was tricked."

I would like to clarify a little bit more of why the pred wasnt self destructing for one if he did he would of killed innocent people the self destruct would of destroyed the building with people that were unarmed which would be agiasnt the code . as for the pred in 1 dutch basicly spared him he could of killed the predator with that rock but he threw it away then the pred repayes him with trying to kill him along with himself.

(yeah ignore the dub this guy did only video I could find to show the whole scene.)

mightydreadlock

mightydreadlock

QuoteI would like to clarify a little bit more of why the pred wasnt self destructing for one if he did he would of killed innocent people the self destruct would of destroyed the building with people that were unarmed which would be agiasnt the code .

Chaotic-strike you got to be kidding me :o. Have you even seen the movies? Every post you make shows your lack of knowledge about the predator movies but this takes the taco!!! (pssst something about the self-destruct mechanism being slished in half)

I,m trough with this debate ::)

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: mightydreadlock on Sep 11, 2007, 12:16:08 AM
QuoteI would like to clarify a little bit more of why the pred wasnt self destructing for one if he did he would of killed innocent people the self destruct would of destroyed the building with people that were unarmed which would be agiasnt the code .

Chaotic-strike you got to be kidding me :o. Have you even seen the movies? Every post you make shows your lack of knowledge about the predator movies but this takes the taco!!! (pssst something about the self-destruct mechanism being slished in half)

i,m trough with this debate ::)
Heh heh what arent you going to disprove my post ?  if he used it would be agiasnt his code the blast would of been large enough to kill those people in the apartments. also if you try to cut a bomb in half it wouldnt defuse it rather it would make it explode if it was that easy people wouldnt need to pull the wires or send in the bomb squad.

mightydreadlock

mightydreadlock

QuoteHeh heh what arent you going to disprove my post ?  if he used it would be agiasnt his code the blast would of been large enough to kill those people in the apartments. also if you try to cut a bomb in half it wouldnt defuse it rather it would make it explode if it was that easy people wouldnt need to pull the wires or send in the bomb squad.

Hmm dude watch the scene :P, the only reason it didn,t go of is because Glover slished it in two. It was ticking already ::) (i bet nobody on this board will think otherwise except you). Not to mention that your defuse argument is about human technology.

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: mightydreadlock on Sep 11, 2007, 12:30:51 AM
QuoteHeh heh what arent you going to disprove my post ?  if he used it would be agiasnt his code the blast would of been large enough to kill those people in the apartments. also if you try to cut a bomb in half it wouldnt defuse it rather it would make it explode if it was that easy people wouldnt need to pull the wires or send in the bomb squad.

Hmm dude watch the scene :P, the only reason it didn,t go of is because Glover slished it in two. It was ticking already ::) (i bet nobody on this board will think otherwise except you). Not to mention that your defuse argument is about human technology.
The same mechanisms go on in an explosion and considering the predators other weapons are very similar to human weapons spear,disc,vision modes it wouldnt be considered wrong to assume the predator used wires as we see plenty of eletricity spark out of it when his cloak is deactivated and such he needs something to contain the electricty and it wasnt some steel as the disc cut through it in one clean swipe. besides I still havent had an explanation of why he would go agiasnt the code that would make him dishonarable and from what I gathered honor means everything to the pred in pred 2.

Yaurrada6

Yaurrada6

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:28:59 AM
It was retitled to avoid confusion

Indeed.  We wouldn't want people thinking it was solely a hunter, now would we?

James OCanis

The hunter in Predator 2 had already primed his wrist nuke to blow up him, Harrigan, and all those innocent people within several city blocks in a huge orgy of destruction. Not so honorable now, huh?

Let's face it: predators are not human. They don't think exactly like us. Their moral systems is likely different from ours.

If they have any code at all, judging from the movies, it is this: "Have fun killing humans, skinning them, ripping their skulls out, etc, but don't go for the people without weapons. That's just no fun. Oh, and no pregnant women, either. Everyone else better watch the f**k out. If you're dying, take out your opponent with you. Oh, and if some human manages to kill one of our own guys on our home turf, well...damn, that guy is hardcore. We'll let him live, but he better get off our ship before we waste his ass!"

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: Yaurrada6 on Sep 11, 2007, 12:57:03 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:28:59 AM
It was retitled to avoid confusion

Indeed.  We wouldn't want people thinking it was solely a hunter, now would we?
It was retitled simply so fox wouldnt have to pay money if they got sued dont be so full of yourself.

mightydreadlock

mightydreadlock

Quotebesides I still havent had an explanation of why he would go agiasnt the code that would make him dishonarable and from what I gathered honor means everything to the pred in pred 2.

THE CLOCK WAS TICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are unbelievable. Ok, let me explain the fine details very carefully to you .

1 first the pred extended his fingers
2 the hand moved towards his wrist
3 the fingers push some buttons on a mechanism on the wrist (believe it or not, he was not playing Mario Bros)
4 the thingy goes tick tick, oh no countdown :o
5 tick tick stopped because good guy slished thingy in two

It is a movie so if the creators want the tick tick thingy to be ruined when it is slished in two then that would be very true in the movie you are watching.

Still don,t understand? Maybe bigbird will explain it to you (i hear he is quite a fan)

Sorry dude, i do not want to be annoying but please stop defying logic!!!

O well, believe what you want :)

*Edited for double posting.*

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: mightydreadlock on Sep 11, 2007, 01:27:31 AM
Quotebesides I still havent had an explanation of why he would go agiasnt the code that would make him dishonarable and from what I gathered honor means everything to the pred in pred 2.

THE CLOCK WAS TICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are unbelievable. Ok, let me explain the fine details very carefully to you .

1 first the pred extended his fingers
2 the hand moved towards his wrist
3 the fingers push some buttons on a mechanism on the wrist
4 the thingy goes tick tick, oh no countdown :o
5 tick tick stopped because good guy slished thingy in two

It is a movie so if the creators want the tick tick thingy to be ruined when it is slished in two then that would be very true in the movie you are watching.

Still don,t understand? Maybe bigbird will explain it to you (i hear he is quite a fan)

Sorry dude, i do not want to be annoying but please stop defying logic!!!
Sorry either 1. he activated it and intended to blow up everything including unarmed people = Preds hunts for sport and to increase their honor by beating worthy prey

2.or what I said

either way you were wrong

mightydreadlock

So what did he do "phone home" ;D with his selfdestruct-mechanism?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed