Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 83,335 times)

Some Old Dude

Disney doing something forward thinking and not nostalgia baity is quite the welcome surprise. Ripleys story ended in Alien 3 for me personally and I'm happy to have it like that forever.

OmegaZilla

Would defo love an alt timeline a la Aliens Book One for this if it ever gets off the ground

Nobody loves Resurrection more than I do but I feel it's better as a standalone... you can't outdo Jeunet at his own game

Some Old Dude

Yeah, in terms of comics, books, audio dramas and all that wonderful stuff I'd be down to check it out. Same as Blomkamps story.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Sep 05, 2022, 12:32:52 AMYeah, in terms of comics, books, audio dramas and all that wonderful stuff I'd be down to check it out. Same as Blomkamps story.
Indeed. I somehow feel like a Book One adaptation would be the better choice... need to reread that one (and get more into the EU I guess)

Perfect-Organism

They really need to just adapt the original Book One by Mark A. Nelson and Mark Verheiden.  That was the first Aliens story outside the original 2 films and it still remains the most plausible sequel in many ways.  The Space Jockeys could be adapted to fit with the new Engineers and we go from there.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 Alien comic series from Marvel, but I am concerned that they don't get it when it comes to the movies.  There've been 6 film duds after the Aliens film.  It's time to give the fans what they want, and that's a continuation of the Ripley, Hicks, Newt, Bishop story after Aliens.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Even after that lovely reprint of Aliens The Original Series, the release of three versions of William Gibson's Alien³ drafts, I still find myself ultimately preferring the film. As in my opinion the best combination of Vincent Ward's overall concept, David Twohys' overall concept, and Rex Pickett's toned down characterisations. Then filtered through David Giler and Walter Hill, Terry Rawlings, and a new auteur (David Fincher instead of Ridley Scott) just like the original.

To me we missed nothing with Neill Blomkamp's Alien judging by his successive endeavours, whether it involved legacy characters or otherwise speaking, that it is time to let go of.

Noah Hawley gets that and I'm grateful he's the one in charge of Alien's future on the box. What we got's a great film according to him and I agree. It's a satisfying ending.

Cool Guy

Shame, I hope the is bs and they already have something in the works, it would be crazy not to...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cool Guy on Sep 05, 2022, 11:34:45 AMShame, I hope the is bs and they already have something in the works, it would be crazy not to...

There are two projects currently in the works: Noah Hawley's show, and Fede Álvarez's film. This Walter Hill project, however, was dismissed almost immediately and is not moving forward.

Darwinsgirl

I might be the only member on here that feels this way.

I still think there are good potential story lines with Ripley or Ripley 8.

Imho it comes down to the story. How well written it is.

I do welcome plots where Ripley is absent. I just think it's a mistake to close the book on Ripley' s story.

Kradan

In a book or comic form, maybe. In a movie form ? Not sure about that, Sigourney doesn't get younger

Darwinsgirl

Concerning age.

Many actors are still able to deliver quality performances later in life.

Harrison Ford,Clint Eastwood. I don't include Arnold or Sly because I haven't seen them in their later films.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

The book's already closed.

"You're a thing, a construct, they grew you in a f**king lab!"

For all Resurrection's faults it does get this, and points out in a meta sense that, that story's over now and no amount of wishful thinking will ever change that.

Bringing it out of the grave's just that because we live in a world where Alien³ does exist, and whether you do it with good intentions or not for profit or fanservice's exactly what Resurrection warns us against, Halloween and Terminator ignored that advice and look where it landed them.

"A King has his reign, and then he dies, it is inevitable." The old must die so the new thing can flourish, to create one must first destroy, for within each seed's a promise of a flower and within each death no matter how small there's always a new life waiting, Amen.

I am excited for the future, I think we can leave the past respectfully in peace.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 05, 2022, 03:26:38 PMHalloween and Terminator ignored that advice and look where it landed them.

Exactly what I thought

Cocolyte

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 05, 2022, 03:26:38 PMThe book's already closed.

"You're a thing, a construct, they grew you in a f**king lab!"

For all Resurrection's faults it does get this, and points out in a meta sense that, that story's over now and no amount of wishful thinking will ever change that.

Bringing it out of the grave's just that because we live in a world where Alien³ does exist, and whether you do it with good intentions or not for profit or fanservice's exactly what Resurrection warns us against, Halloween and Terminator ignored that advice and look where it landed them.

"A King has his reign, and then he dies, it is inevitable." The old must die so the new thing can flourish, to create one must first destroy, for within each seed's a promise of a flower and within each death no matter how small there's always a new life waiting, Amen.

I am excited for the future, I think we can leave the past respectfully in peace.

Very well put, friend. I concur.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed