Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,117 times)

mavox1

mavox1

yeah, i figured i would hear that, but idk, seems like they tried to get i close but couldnt

Inverse Effect

Im pissed off with the smartgun sound though.

InfestedGoat

Your complaining about the tiny little difference in the pulse rifle? You obviously havent heard the smart gun  ;D

I honestly don't mind. Not all guns sound the same IRL. And if this is 30 years later god knows what sort of ballistic development or increased bullet speed or w/e. It sounds different from the movie, but not THAT much. And it is justifyable.

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 05, 2010, 09:11:44 PM

Seconded,  I can get over it though.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 05, 2010, 09:11:44 PM

The smartgun sounds better in my opinion, I always thought it sounded too much like the pulse rifle in the movie. 

Inverse Effect

Well its not the Smart-gun unless it has the same sound.. Why have the gun in the game when it doesn't have the sound that comes with the gun when its fired?

Its like having the predator have a different sound when it speaks. in those Clicking sounds.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 05, 2010, 09:19:20 PM
Well its not the Smart-gun unless it has the same sound.. Why have the gun in the game when it doesn't have the sound that comes with the gun when its fired?

Its like having the predator have a different sound when it speaks. in those Clicking sounds.

OKAY this is 30 years after Aliens!

You wanna know why the latest gun I bought WASNT an ak-47?... BECAUSE THEY MAKE AN ak-103 NOW!!  ;D

It's different!

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 05, 2010, 09:22:18 PM

You wanna know why the latest gun I bought WASNT an ak-47?... BECAUSE THEY MAKE AN ak-103 NOW!!  ;D

It's different!

It's a very valid point you make but you gotta understand that if Rebellion wants the 100% immersive experience with an IP as iconic as this you need to play to nostalgia.

To many fans, myself included, it would be like a Star Wars movie with the light saber noise being different.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Peteysodes on Feb 05, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

It's different!

It's a very valid point you make but you gotta understand that if Rebellion wants the 100% immersive experience with an IP as iconic as this you need to play to nostalgia.

To many fans, myself included, it would be like a Star Wars movie with the light saber noise being different.

Spot on! Anyway its not like the pistol or the Shotgun. I can understand 30 years from Aliens they are not going to use the same old pump action shotgun or small sidearm.

Heck if they went to all the effot to get the Pulse rifle sounding as close to the original thing. Then why in gods name does the Smart-gun sound like a totaly different weapon?

AVP2's smart gun didnt 100% sound like the original, but it still sounded like a smart gun.. But in this Game it doesnt even sound like what it is supposed to.

Im a hardcore Aliens fan, And by not having one of my favourite movie weapons sound like it is supposed to, feels like a big slap in the face.

JayHy17

JayHy17

smart gun is off but thats about it. pr sounds just fine.

Redlightning

ak-103
I didn't know it existed until now. Thank you.

Steve C

Steve C

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 05, 2010, 09:39:18 PM
Im a hardcore Aliens fan, And by not having one of my favourite movie weapons sound like it is supposed to, feels like a big slap in the face.
I hear ya, kind of like how not ONE SINGLE predator sound comes from the original movies.  Not.  F**king.  One.

Xenowad

Xenowad

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 06, 2010, 02:51:17 AM
Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 05, 2010, 09:39:18 PM
I hear ya, kind of like how not ONE SINGLE predator sound comes from the original movies.  Not.  f**king.  One.

I actually rather like the new Predator noises, as much as I do from that of the original Predator, but unfortunately I think the original Predator was the only Predator installment of film and game universes to have those sounds. They completely changed the Predator's roar in P2, for example.

Shardik

Shardik

I dont know if this has been mentioned but with regards to stealth kills and such I truely hope that this is fixed because now its broken. At one point i stealth killed a pred when he had already jumped away and it pulled him right back to me after he had landed on the platform and it wasn't lag cause on his side it appeared he jumped and was killed after he jumped on the ledge. The stealth kill also needs be harder to pull off which i know many of you are saying as well. The distance an alien can stealth kill at is also utterly ridiculous. This is coming from someone who primarily plays alien as well. I know the game states this is past code and doesnt reflect the finished product so im hoping the stealth kill mechanic has been fixed. Also when someone kills the person preforming the stealth kill before they have actually managed to puncture/rip/tear them apart the person being stealth killed should not die

Shardik

Shardik

Basically When someone tries to stealth kill you and you turn around before impact it should not force you back around into the stealth kill; it should knock you on your ass at the most. Also when a predator/alien jumps out of range before impact the stealth kill mechanic should not force them back to you and preform the stealth kill. It would also be nice if when you kill someone that is stealth killing someone else, you are able to free the person being stealth killed from the mechanic unless they already have a hole/holes in them. Basically this stealth kill button should not be the instant "I WIN FROM 20 FT AWAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO" button

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed