So is the Queen still alive?

Started by germanator2, Mar 25, 2024, 11:17:01 AM

Author
So is the Queen still alive? (Read 3,171 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 25, 2024, 11:51:32 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 25, 2024, 11:13:49 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 25, 2024, 11:06:05 PMShe is easily four times the size of Big Chap. Four times easier to locate in space ! I want writing credits on the sequel.

Call it Alien: Remus. :)

Disney doesn't want to go there.  Uncle Remus is off-limits.

Disney is evolving...

Kradan

Kradan

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I have often wondered if Xenos respond to emotion like Bees. Most people respond with fear to them, which if you do to a Bee it stings.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Well, I see two options. Number one she went into the orbit of LV – 426 and simply burned up in the atmosphere. Number two she's in space. Just floating I don't know What's worse. Either you can just burn up in the atmosphere with a painful death or just float into space and experience, infinite boredom.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 05:02:24 AMWell, I see two options. Number one she went into the orbit of LV – 426 and simply burned up in the atmosphere. Number two she's in space. Just floating I don't know What's worse. Either you can just burn up in the atmosphere with a painful death or just float into space and experience, infinite boredom.

But surly in space she could plot her revenge a long time. XD

"Ripley 8.. I am coming for you!" :D

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Eal on Mar 26, 2024, 12:32:01 AMMaybe, probably? We don't know if Chap is for sure alive or if
Spoiler
"Ash" and the suits have just been dissecting and experimenting on a burnt corpse for 20 years. The leaks seem to interpet him as definitely being alive, but the Instagram reels just show something mangled being carted around.
[close]

I'm more curious if they're going to pull an Out of the Shadows and imply that Ripley's shuttle was deliberately sabotaged and led off course.

Alive could also be in a similar manner as a sea sponge and coral are technically 'alive'. Could be a blob of skin and remains of internal organs and still be alive in a technical sense, or maybe it's just regressed into a mass of organic matter.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

We don't know enough of the xenomorph's biology to know what it's fully capable of. Maybe he's in survival mode, looking almost dead while being not.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 09:46:21 AMWe don't know enough of the xenomorph's biology to know what it's fully capable of. Maybe he's in survival mode, looking almost dead while being not.

We know they're regenerative to some capacity. The novelization of Alien and script show him being disintegrated and blowing up ala Alien 3.

When it comes to what we see on film, mostly thanks to limitations of 70s special effects though? He just kind of elegantly floats away and it's shown in repeat.

There's a glaring plot hole in him coming back though. I just now noticed it. No, it's not the vastness of space, oddly enough. I haven't heard this one mentioned so far on this forum.

It's that...in the movie, specifically right after he's blasted away, you hear an audible 'boom'. 1:26 if you don't believe me. No, the 'boom' isn't the engines being turned off, as we can clearly see they're still going...

It undoes whatever justification I and others can come up with too. If he blew up, there's no way he would've actually stayed in the shuttle's relative flight path: He'd be bits and pieces drifting and floating in random areas of deep space.

SM

SM

I always thought the boom was a deliberate reference to the Alien exploding in the script.

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 26, 2024, 05:02:24 AMWell, I see two options. Number one she went into the orbit of LV – 426 and simply burned up in the atmosphere. Number two she's in space. Just floating I don't know What's worse. Either you can just burn up in the atmosphere with a painful death or just float into space and experience, infinite boredom.

Or she got pulled into the gas giant.

426Buddy

426Buddy

This is really dumb but... everytime i read the title of this thread I hear it on this guys voice.

SiL

SiL

He was supposed to explode, and the sound is him exploding, but since we don't see it Fede has the same free reign Cameron did with the Queen.

Except Big Chap coming back is layers of stupid.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 12:17:09 PMI always thought the boom was a deliberate reference to the Alien exploding in the script.

I mean, that, or they didn't have the money left to actually show it exploding and had to make do with a sound effect.  ;D

Then again, Cameron referenced the deleted scene in Alien when he had Ripley somehow know of the Alien having a coccooning process, yet as far as he was concerned he was retconning that aspect.

EDIT: D'oh, that's right. I need to rewatch Aliens again. Thanks SiL.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Eal on Mar 26, 2024, 12:30:38 PMThen again, Cameron referenced the deleted scene in Alien when he had Ripley somehow know of the Alien having a coccooning process, yet as far as he was concerned he was retconning that aspect.
Ripley only mentions cocooning after seeing the colonists have been cocooned.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2024, 12:30:21 PMHe was supposed to explode, and the sound is him exploding, but since we don't see it Fede has the same free reign Cameron did with the Queen.

Except Big Chap coming back is layers of stupid.

The only layer of stupid I can objectively point out is that it implies WY knew of Ripley's shuttle (how else could they find Big Chap?) and are both omnipotently evil and incompetent at the same time. This also assumes you discount Big Chap being blown to pieces and scattered throughout deep space, I might add.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 26, 2024, 12:18:40 PMThis is really dumb but... everytime i read the title of this thread I hear it on this guys voice.

https://i.imgur.com/38oQF3X.jpeg

"Yea....Right...there's a piece of him in this random area of the galaxy...a couple more pieces here...uh...the rest I don't know...good luck?"

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Eal on Mar 26, 2024, 12:33:41 PMThe only layer of stupid I can objectively point out is that it implies WY knew of Ripley's shuttle (how else could they find Big Chap?) and are both omnipotently evil and incompetent at the same time.
That it survived is dumb, that they could find it is dumb, that they could find it and not Ripley is dumb, that --

It's a small charred corpse in deep space. There is no good explanation for finding it. There are plenty of contrived ways to pull it out your arse, sure, but no good explanations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed