Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 55,420 times)

Voodoo Magic

And he could close his mouth!

Almost  ;D

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 02:28:59 PM

Almost  ;D

The mouth still is slightly off (in my opinion) but the eyes look freaking great!

Wysps

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 02:09:14 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 01:51:05 PM
Yeah, that's why I like the KNB EFX Predator. The Old One might be right in regards to me giving them too much credit, but I'm just thrilled they were trying to emulate the original Stan Winston design and x-positioned mandibles. I'm rewarding intention perhaps, but I yam what I yam.

That's one beautiful motherf**ker;D

I know people might have opinions on it, but I love the facial quills and chest quills.

More quills, I say. I like to think they help differentiate age, but I have absolutely no basis for that  :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 02:55:30 PM

Almost  ;D

The mouth still is slightly off (in my opinion) but the eyes look freaking great!

Yes, true, the mouth is off, but it still has the x mandibles, and the slanted diagonal brows which are also key!

Quote from: Wysps on Feb 01, 2019, 03:11:12 PM
More quills, I say. I like to think they help differentiate age, but I have absolutely no basis for that  :D

I like the way you think!

AhabPredator

Quote from: Wysps on Feb 01, 2019, 03:11:12 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 02:09:14 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 01:51:05 PM
Yeah, that's why I like the KNB EFX Predator. The Old One might be right in regards to me giving them too much credit, but I'm just thrilled they were trying to emulate the original Stan Winston design and x-positioned mandibles. I'm rewarding intention perhaps, but I yam what I yam.

That's one beautiful motherf**ker;D

I know people might have opinions on it, but I love the facial quills and chest quills.

Based on what we have seen on screen I thought length/color of dreadlocks did. The quills are like "body hair" to the Yautja. The chest quills especially. Makes me think of chest hair.  :D lolol

Wysps

Thus, more quills, I say  :laugh:

But yeah, the dread hair/color is probably a more substantial indicator of age.

Almost  ;D

I'll always be a fan of Crucified, but can't help but think he looks incredibly jaundiced.

BigDaddyJohn

I always thought Crucified's mouth was weird... The skin around the teeth is maybe a bit too thick, i'm not quite sure...

AhabPredator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 01, 2019, 06:58:48 PM
I always thought Crucified's mouth was weird... The skin around the teeth is maybe a bit too thick, i'm not quite sure...

The mouth seems too...cavernous? I think that's what's up.

The Old One

The Old One

It's the upper two mandibles, they're not nearly parallel from the cheekbones as with every other Predator.
SIL pointed this out once before, they're disconnected completely and self articulate, that's why it looks wrong.

The skin around the outside portion also creases like cheap rubber latex, and the inner mouth never closes.

Highland

Ya, the skin is too flappy. I've mentioned it before.

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2019, 05:54:58 AM
Cos everyone hates City Hunter for not being a carbon copy of the original ???

Not everyone. Just you.  ;)  And round and round we go.
Whoosh went my point over your head.

ace3g

I've mentioned it before but I'd love to see Weta do the effects for a Predator movie.

Highland

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 02, 2019, 04:32:41 AM
I've mentioned it before but I'd love to see Weta do the effects for a Predator movie.

We don't really need effects. We just need the damn mask to be right lol.

SiL

But that is an effect :P

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 02, 2019, 02:51:26 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2019, 05:54:58 AM
Cos everyone hates City Hunter for not being a carbon copy of the original ???

Not everyone. Just you.  ;)  And round and round we go.
Whoosh went my point over your head.

I saw your point and let it go woosh, because. I couldn't resist teasing you about past city hunter conversations.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed