Tron 3

Started by Shasvre, Feb 03, 2011, 09:44:05 PM

Author
Tron 3 (Read 25,275 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Garrett just needs to pull him out of his computer's Recycle Bin and reinstall.

Best part of Tron Legacy? Jeff Bridges fighting Jeff Bridges - on a bridge.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't watched either video yet, still waiting for the blu-ray.

But if the Dillinger's are the villains, I'm hoping for the Grid to look like it did in the first movie, but with today's special effects. That will be really cool to see. Man, I can't wait for a third one...And Sticks, I agree. Not only is Quorra amazing to look at, she is also the most interesting character (Take a lesson from Tron, Michael Bay :P ) I can't wait to see how that further develop these characters in the upcoming movies. As for Bridges, I doubt he will be a character, but will likely cameo. I hope that Lora/Yori are back.

This Tron talk just re-reminded me of Uprising :D

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2011, 06:48:39 PM
But if the Dillinger's are the villains, I'm hoping for the Grid to look like it did in the first movie, but with today's special effects. That will be really cool to see.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I came to the conclusion that if they're going to do a third one I'd want to see a completely new type of Grid. The idea in Legacy was that the Grid had been developing in isolation for going-on twenty years, and that it was the same world as in the first film, but refined into something sleeker and sexier and new. They went from big samurai guards and chunky helmets to ninjitsu-black ops bruisers and that Joan of Arc haircut Quorra was sporting. That's one of the coolest parts in the series: watching the world evolve visually into something much more refined and sophisticated.

But in a third installment, I want to see the Grid plugged into the internet. Think that one over for a second.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 29, 2011, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2011, 06:48:39 PM
But if the Dillinger's are the villains, I'm hoping for the Grid to look like it did in the first movie, but with today's special effects. That will be really cool to see.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I came to the conclusion that if they're going to do a third one I'd want to see a completely new type of Grid. The idea in Legacy was that the Grid had been developing in isolation for going-on twenty years, and that it was the same world as in the first film, but refined into something sleeker and sexier and new. They went from big samurai guards and chunky helmets to ninjitsu-black ops bruisers and that Joan of Arc haircut Quorra was sporting. That was one of the coolest parts in the series, watching the world visually evolve into something much more refined and sophisticated.

But in a third installment, I want to see the Grid plugged into the internet. Think that one over for a second.

I thought it was a different Grid, or at least the original transferred over to Flynn's computer where he could modify things all on his own, hence why he was looked up to as a sort of God-like figure. That explains why he would have to transfer Tron as well.

But yeah, as for the internet, I also thought of that. I would love to seen them pull that off. I wonder how websites and stuff like that would work. Maybe an AVPG cameo? :p

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, Bridges was God, that was a pretty crucial theme in Legacy. But the Grid was still running parallel to the development of computers in the real world. I think it's time to join the two.

It's too important a topic to brush over, and it's the next logical step for the franchise. Combine the fantasy computer kingdom of Tron with cyberspace as depicted in the Sprawl trilogy, and you've got yourself some trippy/relevant stuff. Just needs the right script to illustrate it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Didn't they originally say that Legacy would start the new trilogy? If so, maybe this film would help to bridge (haha :P) into the fourth, where everything is finally connected to the internet.

No matte which movie its in, the internet is certainly something that I want to see.

And that brings up another point. Would programs from other computers attempt to start a war? Would there now be potential for the Grid to be infected by viruses?

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Forget war. Nothing would be more terrifying in it's vapidity than a Tron version of Facebook.

Burn it to the ground, Olivia.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh God, Facebook :D

But seriously, I'm really intrigued thinking about a virus destroying The Grid.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 29, 2011, 07:25:54 PMForget war. Nothing would be more terrifying in it's vapidity than a Tron version of Facebook.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgxb2olC6s#

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 29, 2011, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 29, 2011, 07:25:54 PMForget war. Nothing would be more terrifying in it's vapidity than a Tron version of Facebook.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgxb2olC6s#

Haha, I'm not a fan of South Park, but that was actually funny :)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Woah. I had no idea.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just found out that there were viruses in Tron 2.0
http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Virus

I would love to see a damaged Grid, derezzing slowly from viruses. Same happening to individual programs. Kind of like Quorra losing her arm, but all infected and virusey, and stuff.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The whole episode is Tron inspired. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Have_0_Friends

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2011, 07:33:45 PMI would love to see a damaged Grid, derezzing slowly from viruses. Same happening to individual programs. Kind of like Quorra losing her arm, but all infected and virusey, and stuff.
Something like that happened in Betrayal, didn't it?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I believe so, but I haven't played the game, so I don't know the specifics.

Ask my other half, he has the game :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I meant the comic book. :)

I read it a while ago. Tron kicks some serious ass in this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed