Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,914 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

And some of those are better than others.  S.D. Perry is probably my favorite old EU author, simply because her adaptations of the comics were better at making her characters feel like real people.  Berserker is much better than the comic for this reason. 

She also has the only DH Press novel I can stand to read. 

I think they have hired better writers with the new EU stuff, at least for the novel side overall, but so much of it has subject matter I don't care about because of the Prometheus influence.  But authors like White make the best of what they are given.  Charybdis is very good.  I enjoyed it quite a bit. 

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 24, 2024, 01:54:05 PMHow are the Mass Effect books?

The first three books were written by Drew Karpyshyn. He certainly wasnt in it just for a cheap pay cheque because he was the lead writer for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

It's been years since I read them but the first one is the Saren/Anderson prequel that is referenced quite heavily in the original game. The second two focus more on Cerberus.

The forth, Deception, was written by  William Dietz and was heavily criticised for having many lore and continuity errors, so much so bioware promised any future reprint would be edited. But no reprint ever came I dont think.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think the drew one is the one I read if it was Anderson and his girlfriend vs Saren.  It was pretty flat and boring imo.  But in that case I think Drew probably was either overexposed to the series and tired of working on it OR perhaps is a better screenwriter than novelist. 

I've never read anything else by him, so I can't say for sure. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hear his Revan novel is excellent.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed