Essays/analysis about Alien/Predator movies symbolism/methapors/analogy?

Started by D88M, Jan 12, 2017, 10:00:10 AM

Author
Essays/analysis about Alien/Predator movies symbolism/methapors/analogy? (Read 1,701 times)

D88M

Does anybody has stuff like that? Text, videos, all kind of material i could watch/read online to better understand the themes, messages and subtext of both franchises, i need them to make my own fan fiction, thanks a lot if anybody can help

SM

D88M

oh my thank you so much that sounds exactly like what i was looking for, there is something like that for both Predator movies?

SM

I don't believe so.  This might be worth a read though.

I've been working a different analysis of the four Alien flicks for sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll get it up online.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
I don't believe so.  This might be worth a read though.

I've been working a different analysis of the four Alien flicks for sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll get it up online.

Would a sizable grant from a wealthy benefactor help?

SM

windebieste

Donations are are always welcome - but so is timing. 

I've had a couple offers of financial assistance for my Project and I'm impressed and grateful for the offers. 

However...

I will be running a KickStarter campaign and I am not accepting any funding until then.  Why?  Simple.  KS is a goal oriented crowd funding platform.  If I accept those donations now, they won't appear in the tally for the campaign.  I'd be depriving the campaign of funds and potentially endangering the goals.  Substantial sums of money from generous supporters are a great way to boost towards the goals of a campaign, thus maximising chances of success.  To me, this is more important than having random sums of money willingly handed over prematurely.

So, if you are considering crowdfunding exercise, tell your potential benefactors to hold off until you announce the campaign where such generous funding will be of maximum benefit to everyone.

Just sayin'.   ;)

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

Is there really ever a bad time to throw large sums of money at SM?

windebieste

That's for you to decide.  How you choose to throw your money around is solely your business.   :P

-Windebieste.

Kimarhi

I don't think everything everybody says about a movie is correct.  Alien Woman being an example.  It is of course about sex, and the Alien series, but they have such hot takes referencing other movies that it is borderline hilarious.  It is worth the read, but includes such things as them talking about the X wings assaulting the Death Star in A New Hope as representing male sperm fertilizing an egg because of male patriarchy and I lol'd.

SiL

SiL

You can read anything as anything. Want everything to be about sex? You'll find it. Want everything to be about the New World Order? Right this way.

Where it goes wrong is when people get really passionate that just because they can read it one way means that's what it must be.

In reality it's simply that your highly developed monkey brain is very good at being able to draw connections between unrelated things and you're putting this ability to use.

Not necessarily good use, but use.

Local Trouble

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 26, 2023, 01:40:06 AMtalking about the X wings assaulting the Death Star in A New Hope as representing male sperm fertilizing an egg because of male patriarchy and I lol'd.

I mean, I can definitely see that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed