Recent posts

And I'm free to point out some observations.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 06:53:15 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 06:47:07 AMBet you $10AUD you end up making it to the cinema during its run.
That'll be up to the ethical concern.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 06:15:26 AMI mean, who spends all day on an Alien website and doesn't watch the latest entry in the franchise?
Are we really doing this?

Same person who doesn't read all the latest novels and comics, or play all the latest games? There are a few people on this site who haven't seen some entries.

You can drop the attitude, there's absolutely no call for it. People will do with their time what they please.
With ALIEN merch always selling well too, I expect the movie to do just fine, regardless of box office performance. Ticket sales, VOD rentals/purchases and such aren't the only way these movies make money. A f**kton of it comes from the merchandise sales, and ALIEN sells very well.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 06:47:07 AM
Bet you $10AUD you end up making it to the cinema during its run.
Last post by SiL - Today at 06:43:33 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 06:12:02 AMWhile you make a good point, I strongly believe you're going to watch it.
You grossly underestimate how easy it is to not watch something when you're self employed with two young children, especially if  you've got a reason not to.

We'll see how my ethical concern plays out
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 06:31:21 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 23, 2024, 08:38:46 PMI'm fully expecting Romulus to be the perfect companion piece for Prey, and all that implies.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 06:29:46 AM
QuoteI know some folks were been pretty vocal against this movie early on, and even me sharing very light hints here and there they told me to stop it. But they were the first to read them when put in spoiler tags. They were the first to watch my videos to see what all the details are even though they said they have no interest or don't want to know more. They were the first to read the leaks willingly too. Those folks are absolutely going to be seeing Romulus as soon as they can, no matter what they say.

I mean, who spends all day on an Alien website and doesn't watch the latest entry in the franchise? Hell, even reads every single post about it in the board dedicated to the new movie?

Can't speak for any of the people you're describing, but my personal take has been that it'll be "decent" at worst and holding a bit of cautious optimism, from the beginning. There's some things I've been vocal about my distaste or scepticism on, but all told I'm quite looking forward to it.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 06:27:06 AM
Damn, Mike just unleashed a flurry of destruction.
I know some folks were been pretty vocal against this movie early on, and even me sharing very light hints here and there they told me to stop it. But they were the first to read them when put in spoiler tags. They were the first to watch my videos to see what all the details are even though they said they have no interest or don't want to know more. They were the first to read the leaks willingly too. Those folks are absolutely going to be seeing Romulus as soon as they can, no matter what they say.

I mean, who spends all day on an Alien website and doesn't watch the latest entry in the franchise? Hell, even reads every single post about it in the board dedicated to the new movie?
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 06:12:02 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 03:36:48 AMAh, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

While you make a good point, I strongly believe you're going to watch it.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed