Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SiL - Today at 04:38:41 AM
Quote from: TC on Today at 03:42:04 AMBTW, learning that OP's solution is to cut out frames and resync sound breaks my heart. Even a single frame lost makes a difference. Terry Rawlings will be spinning in his grave.

TC
Hundreds, shortening the film by seconds.

But the rest of the film is getting cut anyway, so not a great difference.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 04:29:04 AM
Ah, the intellectual speaks.
Last post by BringbackJonesy! - Today at 04:27:36 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 07:18:20 PM
Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Yesterday at 05:21:59 PMI see...
Read the comment just above yours.

Yeah, I eventually saw it....but not until just after I posted mine which was being typed out at around the same time . 

@ Project A34K - I see that you've given the 'Xeno-vision' shots a red hue (and added running sound effects too!).  Sounds like it could be an effective juxtaposition to the overall brown hues of the rest of the footage at that point.

Nice work on the site, and I'll certainly be interested to check out your version eventually.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by SM - Today at 03:42:37 AM
The gory flash cuts and Sam Neill's sheer will just do enough to keep it interesting.
Last post by TC - Today at 03:42:04 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 02:30:44 AMInteresting about the frame edge on the theatrical. I'm guessing it's an artefact of cutting film vs digital.

Yeah. It will be the cement splices at each cut thickening the film as it passes through the scanning gate, which is allowing some slight movement of the film image as it is scanned and possibly some loss of focus too. Why it happened in this instance and not other films is another question. Perhaps some operator error in the scan.

BTW, learning that OP's solution is to cut out frames and resync sound breaks my heart. Even a single frame lost makes a difference. Terry Rawlings will be spinning in his grave.

TC
Quote from: SiL on Today at 01:21:10 AMFirst one I heard but it never made much sense.

Yeah not with only three numbers.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Today at 02:59:56 AMI have no clue but in the EU, every planet seems to be an LV.

Certainly the current EU. Which seems a little silly. Older stuff used similar formatting but with other letters.
General Game Discussion / Stellar Blade
Last post by Shinawi - Today at 03:29:07 AM
The drama is actually raising more attention to this game. And the players seem to find the game to be better than they expected.

Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Highland - Today at 03:17:28 AM
Could have killed him/made him dead, but not Newt, at least not yet. Ripley literally goes from one movie to the next with no break. I like A3, just don't like that it comes after 2, but thats a lot of folk.
The 4K disc for A/V quality. This release could have been better, though: The Director's Cut's deleted scenes were upscaled, and none of the CGI was included in this version (only a branching option that dropped the DC's deleted scenes into the 1979 TC). And, unlike the recent ALIENS 4K, no real bonus features were included. The two isolated soundtracks for the film's score also appear to be out of sync with the video.

The Anthology set for the bonus features. A pity the feature-length 2003 documentaries were badly cropped for modern widescreen monitors (still keeping my Quadrilogy set).

I passed on the BD release - the Nostromo packaging - with the miniature version of the 1979 comic book adaptation.
I have no clue but in the EU, every planet seems to be an LV.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed