*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers*

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Dec 20, 2007, 10:47:21 PM

Author
*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers* (Read 50,822 times)

holdtheline

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2007, 03:43:26 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 21, 2007, 03:37:31 AM
Quotequeen and sentry guns scenes are the worst IMO. No matter what "tactics" were going on. Didn't seem like a whole lot of tactics hahaha
I agree, they are a lot worse.

yeah the sentry guns thing retarded stupid. i cant think of any animal that would do that... :-\

but, if you hold a gun to my head and ask which way would i rather have aliens killed.

by running into gun fire or by being man handled and thrown around by their tails...i choose running into gunfire.

Again, it wasn't killed by the tail grab, once it hit the floor the Predator immediately blasted it with his shoulder weapon.

That Yellow Alien

The molten lead is very plausible. Aliens can take severe heat because of their tough exoskeleton.

Dasani

Quoteit has a "highly evolved form of instinct" - Dr. wren

Instinct still.

Quoteyou saw it purposfully stay there didnt you?

Well, no, I saw a young hunting predator blew out the candles because it didn't have the foresight to hold it's breath when it's that close to it's prey. Wasn't this scene it's first hunt?

Quotealien3

Which scene?

Quoteit obviouslyt knew something was up. infact it tries to leave but morse closes the door.

It's been a loooong time since I've seen the movie and I don't have it on hand, so I'll deal with this on a later date.

Quotei guess you just thrown this example in with all the other "coincidences" dont you?

Happenstance, actually. The acid blood is doing what it's supposed to do, keep people from blowing it the f**k away on a starship.

Quotehe said everything. but i'm curious...where is your proof the aliens had too much human D.N.A.?

When the Queen pooped a baby, I'm fairly sure that a lot of human material bleed over to the Queen and filtered down into her spawn.

Quoteinterpreting it your way is the only way to come to the conclusion that they are not intelligent it seems.

Well, I am a heartless bastard...

How long have these aliens been active anyway? Could have a major impact on their intelligence..

marrerom

Quote from: Dasani on Dec 21, 2007, 03:54:56 AM

Well, no, I saw a young hunting predator blew out the candles because it didn't have the foresight to hold it's breath when it's that close to it's prey.

gasp! yet another "concidence"  ;)

QuoteWasn't this scene it's first hunt?

ya

When the Queen pooped a baby, I'm fairly sure that a lot of human material bleed over to the Queen and filtered down into her spawn.

for the newborn yes but not the normal aliens.

How long have these aliens been active anyway? Could have a major impact on their intelligence.. 

you know i have always wondered how smart an alien would be if it lived for say 10 years. afterall, look how smart they are after a few days.

gases

The tail swing seems alright to me, because it happened in AVP and i never doubted a predator could man handle an alien.

gases

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2007, 04:02:52 AM
Quote from: Dasani on Dec 21, 2007, 03:54:56 AM

Well, no, I saw a young hunting predator blew out the candles because it didn't have the foresight to hold it's breath when it's that close to it's prey.

gasp! yet another "concidence"  ;)

QuoteWasn't this scene it's first hunt?

ya

for the newborn yes but not the normal aliens.

you know i have always wondered how smart an alien would be if it lived for say 10 years. afterall, look how smart they are after a few days.

How can they gain intellegence with time? I have never seen an alien studying a maths textbook.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: gases on Dec 21, 2007, 04:05:28 AM

How can they gain intellegence with time? I have never seen an alien studying a maths textbook.

are you serious?

holdtheline

Quote from: gases on Dec 21, 2007, 04:03:45 AM
The tail swing seems alright to me, because it happened in AVP and i never doubted a predator could man handle an alien.

Agreed.  I can say that Wolf squashing a Xeno with his foot is stretching things however, but maybe that has something to do with his big foot spikes..

gases

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2007, 04:07:55 AM
Quote from: gases on Dec 21, 2007, 04:05:28 AM

are you serious?

yes. I'm not up to date with avp res. By intellegence do you mean skills at fighting or something? I don't see how intellect can develop by doing the same behaviour. Explain I haven't watched alien res in a year

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: gases on Dec 21, 2007, 04:27:01 AM
yes. I'm not up to date with avp res. By intellegence do you mean skills at fighting or something? I don't see how intellect can develop by doing the same behaviour. Explain I haven't watched alien res in a year

You don't need to see the film to know that they'd get smarter with time.  All animals can learn.  It's, y'know...kinda the way life works. ;)

Weasel

So your saying an insect can learn to use tools with time?

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 21, 2007, 04:32:35 AM

insects no. aliens yes.

the queen in aliesn used an elevator, and the alien from A:R used the button to kill the guard.

Uncanny Antman

Who said anything about tools?

I placed no parameters on the knowledge, I only stated that animals can learn.

Spaghetti

why does learning have to be using tools?

gases

gases

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 21, 2007, 04:36:35 AM

Who said anything about tools?

I placed no parameters on the knowledge, I only stated that animals can learn.

Sure but gaining intellect by explicitly doing the same behaviour defies logic. An alien is not going to get smarter simply walking around the hive. Maybe it would get better at killing things but what your implying is they slowly gain intellect untill they can have a conversation with you.

Quote the film for me where they gain intellegence. Sure i get that a hive will gain intellegence in learning its surroundings and how to master the localised prey. But, continuing to gain intellegence from no known reason is stupid. If it's not quote movie and my mistake, because to me you guys are implying the development of their intellegence is boundless when their behaviour is essentially stagnent and repetative. "Oh cocoon human... kill some shit.. start over" 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed