*spoilers* Lindelof Firing Off Answers About Prometheus

Started by Qwertify, May 16, 2012, 07:54:12 PM

Author
*spoilers* Lindelof Firing Off Answers About Prometheus (Read 6,883 times)

Space Sweeper

YouAreMyLuckyStar

The bit where he mentions that
Spoiler
having a beer with Fassbender is potentially more dangerous than getting acid blood on your face
[close]
got me thinking because
Spoiler
isn't there a clip in one of the recent trailers where Holloway appears drunk in the mess with David? The android asks him how far he would go to get his answers and he replies he'd do anything (or words to that effect)
[close]
. I'm just speculating but
Spoiler
does anyone else think that David, perhaps accidentally or because he's being manipulatd by someone else, somehow make Holloway's infection worse?
[close]
I'm not sure how that hypothesis fits in with recent trailers though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: YouAreMyLuckyStar on May 17, 2012, 12:45:26 PM
Spoiler
having a beer with Fassbender is potentially more dangerous than getting acid blood on your face
[close]
got me thinking because
Spoiler
isn't there a clip in one of the recent trailers where Holloway appears drunk in the mess with David? The android asks him how far he would go to get his answers and he replies he'd do anything (or words to that effect)
[close]
Spoiler
does anyone else think that David, perhaps accidentally or because he's being manipulatd by someone else, somehow make Holloway's infection worse?
[close]
Spoiler
He takes advantage of an intoxicated holloway and sexes him up a bit?
[close]

edit: after watching one of the featurette again I think Holloway makes a deal with David instead.  :laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

an android rape scene could be intriguing psychologically...in terms of them viewing David as a non-entity, a nothing, a servant. Using him for sexual pleasure would be like using a towel to dry off with. It would be highly intriguing, even more so if David was the one doing the raping....of course, rape is a horrible horrible thing but it's the philosophy behind the creator misusing its creation, or vice versa. There are so many implications.

Ruadh

Why do people hate Lindeloff so much? I'd think any other director/writer would supply non-answers to a big movie they produced that is weeks from release.

ThisBethesdaSea

Yeah...the Lindelof hate is more than worn out in my opinion. He knows, he knows there was some colossal disappointment to the ending of Lost, and he's gone on record to squarely blame himself. I like the guy, he's a bit snarky but he also seems to be really intelligent. I wish people would leave him alone.

Ruadh

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 03:21:55 PM
Yeah...the Lindelof hate is more than worn out in my opinion. He knows, he knows there was some colossal disappointment to the ending of Lost, and he's gone on record to squarely blame himself. I like the guy, he's a bit snarky but he also seems to be really intelligent. I wish people would leave him alone.

I may have missed out on some interviews with him, but what I've seen...he seems like a fan living the dream.

Ooze on First

I think people have a dislike of Lindelof's penchant for ending things with more questions than answers.
Sometimes that is good, sometimes it's bad.
Given the rumors of lots of non-answers in Prometheus, I'm hoping for the former.

Ruadh

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 17, 2012, 03:24:27 PM
I think people have a dislike of Lindelof's penchant for ending things with more questions than answers.

How many things has he done that this applies to?

For the record, i'm one of the weirdos that loved the ending of Lost. Yeah it didn't answer everything, but that ending blew me away all the same.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 17, 2012, 03:24:27 PM
Sometimes that is good, sometimes it's bad.
Given the rumors of lots of non-answers in Prometheus, I'm hoping for the former.

It is OK to end up with more questions than you started with only when you also have more answers than you started with and things are also gradually making more sense (even when the disparity ratio between the widens as things go on is fine too, so long as you continue to make more sense of things, not less sense). I think this was the problem with the Lost ending - it did nothing to help people make sense of everything that had happened over the last few years.

I like Lindelof just fine - I just hope that he doesn't make the same mistake with Prometheus.

Bat Chain Puller

Lindelof was bored, uninspired, and jaded by the time Lost was wrapping. It went on too long and things got stretched out of proportion.

I'm sure with just a 2 hour film (with only the barest possibility of a 2nd and 2rd film) he'll do just fine.

And I'm cool with not knowing for sure what the answers are at the end of Prometheus. As long as some of the ones we had going in are answered.

Qwertify

Quote from: YouAreMyLuckyStar on May 17, 2012, 12:45:26 PM
Spoiler
[close]
got me thinking because
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

I like this.

The part where David is investigating the ampule and where he has a drop of something on his finger could have something to do with it. I link it all to the character interview part - where Holloway would do anything to stand next to his Gods and be their equals. Perhaps David figured out a way to use the capsules to turn Holloway into a God? (And then it ends up badly, or he is infected? Or turns into a SJ?)

Spoiler
Anyways - I do think that Holloway's transformation is linked to that bar scene given Lindelof's tip.
[close]

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 03:00:41 PM
an android rape scene could be intriguing psychologically...in terms of them viewing David as a non-entity, a nothing, a servant. Using him for sexual pleasure would be like using a towel to dry off with. It would be highly intriguing, even more so if David was the one doing the raping....of course, rape is a horrible horrible thing but it's the philosophy behind the creator misusing its creation, or vice versa. There are so many implications.

I'm not sure the concept of 'rape' can really be applied to a human-looking robot any more than you could apply it to a TV...

Ruadh

If the tv is forcing sex on me, then yeah...I'd call it rape. What is it instead? Unwanted Appliance Sodomy?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed