Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 409,355 times)

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 08, 2014, 07:48:10 PM
I take the opposing view, honesty and integrity (specifically in regards to the taking down of the KS page) don't even come into play when the guys involved have repeatedly said "We can't say anything just yet, but when we can, we will." This whole thing has nothing to do with honour, and everything to do with internet consumers being spoiled, impatient man-children.

Additionally, I'm prepared to admit that I over-reacted to the exchange I quoted, it just really got to me after a week (ish) of full on bitching and whining.

I was speaking in general terms, not about a specific event. I vote with my wallet, and how well a company represents itself and responds to its customer base are a big factor in whether or not I will support their product. Its one of the main reasons I won't play any game made by Wizkids.

[cancerblack]

Oh, for sure. The recent shit going down surrounding this game has been entirely around the KS page getting taken down though. I'm sure that the people making all the noise feel that this was the last straw (as Prodos haven't been the best communicators anyway), but realistically, they were informed that when Prodos could tell them what was going on, they would be told what was going on. Having a tantrum and forming little hate-filled echo chambers does nothing but make matters worse, no matter how you slice it.

Corporal Hicks

There only so many times they can say that Fox and themselves didn't realize how hard it was going to be. It's been stated quite clearly. And a lot of the delays are down to the approval process which isn't a matter they can really control. Both parties are learning and Prodos have been quite good to the us considering the abuse they are getting.

And there's only so many times they can say the same thing. I wish people were more mature about the whole thing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2014, 08:45:14 PM
I wish people were more mature about the whole thing.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tabletop gaming, where the negative reputation of players as no-life man-children is well deserved a lot of the time.  :P

Visceral_Mass

We still play with little plastic men/aliens. Each of us is a no-life-man-child in the eyes of someone else.

Corporal Hicks

And I think people who play sports are men-children too. But doesn't mean we have to be immature jackasses about it. It has been explained ad nauseum why there are delays.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2014, 10:02:45 AM
And I think people who play sports are men-children too. But doesn't mean we have to be immature jackasses about it. It has been explained ad nauseum why there are delays.

Exactly! ;)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What I meant was, regardless of what "outsiders" think, I have never encountered any other hobby/fanbase/whatever with as much potential for toxic and immature behavior as the wargaming one. Which is sad really, because it's just living up to what should be unfair stereotypes.

I mean, I've met plenty of great people and made some true friends through wargaming, but our hobby seems to attract some of the absolute worst f**king people around too. Most of them seem to only get really bad online though, thankfully.

SizzyBubbles

I just hope it comes out  :( I'm all worried now.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's definitely happening. The only thing to do now, is to be patient and wait it out.

For anyone who missed it:

Quote from: Jarek EverHello backers, It's important for us to say that the Kickstarter page was initially removed by mistake, but now we have decided with Fox that it might be better to stay down until the product you have pre-ordered has shipped.
This is the same for our Facebook media and images that were uploaded there. From here on, we only want to share information about the final products you will be receiving, rather than work in progress imagery or text.
The project is almost finished, we are in the final stages of approval and therefore it will be ready to ship soon.
We are not able to give an approximate date for shipping at this stage, but as soon as the final elements of the project have been approved, we will calculate printing time, assembly time and shipping time and then share the final date with you.
Thank you for your continued patience,
PRODOS Games LTD

[cancerblack]

Not sure who posts under the "Warzone Resurrection" name on Dakka, or whether it's even one person but it's an official Prodos account regardless. They recently posted this:

QuoteAs per official update, we have to wait until we have the product fully approved and ready to go to customers, this is the PD policy and we cannot do anything about it.

From my understanding, based on the issues with the Alien:Colonial marines, we cannot show any WIPs any more as if someone use these pictures for advertising it may be classified as "misleading customers".The product, until is ready to go, is subjects to changes. Lucky we have our models fully approved at proto stage, meaning that after the packaging approval (and Fluff) would have "product ready to go", so not far away from that.

Sounds like we've got Gearbox to thank for the recent debacle, in a round-about way.

[cancerblack]

This guy is coming along a bit more:

Corporal Hicks

Looking good!! I really hope they pick up the Prometheus license at some point. I'd love to see Engineer's on the backfield, with Galgo's rifle.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks, I was really worried about this figure looking stupid at first at first, but a few layers of paint seems to be making it work.

And yeah, I'd kill for them to get the Prometheus license. I wonder whether it's just that prommy is a separate license (so more $$$ to use it), or if Fox is being a tad cagey with it so there aren't a million things being retconned whenever Scott gets around to making the sequel?

Corporal Hicks

It is a seperate license. Aliens, Predator, AvP and Prometheus are all seperate properties.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed