Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 868,839 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that is really coming along very nicely. I'm so jealous of folk like yourself who can put this kind of thing together.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Just start off with a small project.  This is my first time ever doing anything like this.  I was skeptical at first that I wouldn't be able to do anything like this.  I even doubted myself when I was doing the display for all my figures and the Queen, but after getting into it, it just got a lot easier to do.  Give it a shot.  It's so much fun!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2017, 08:29:35 AM
Yeah, that is really coming along very nicely. I'm so jealous of folk like yourself who can put this kind of thing together.

A-L-I-E-N

A-L-I-E-N

I said I would post my Kenner collection... Ah adult life where they end up stacked in the attic. I am missing the Queen Hive Playset (again adult life keeps me from justifying a hundred bucks) and most of the Predators (never really been after them).  Oh and of course missing the non-US released Hudson, Vasquez, and O'Malley

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You're a boxer, are you! Seriously though, that's a nice collection! I'd love that Queen Hive set too. One day, my friend!

A-L-I-E-N

A-L-I-E-N

I have a few out but no where to display them anyways so not much sense in ripping these all up plus I like the packaging artwork. I am not a stickler for a pristine card so but I get them on card so I know the figure isn't too beat up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Completely understood. Most of my purchases over the last couple of years are still in box because I've got nowhere to display them either.

Completely agree with you on the card-art too! I tried to look for some good quality versions of Hicks' card art recently but came up empty. I don't suppose the artist name is on them, is it?

A-L-I-E-N

A-L-I-E-N

I never thought about it but I will look. I wonder if it was all whoever was involved in the Operation: Aliens programme development? (Like my Brit program spelling, just for you!)

Looking into this a bit further. I don't think that artwork is Beauvais' work (he did the Topps card releases) and it sounds like Kenner often went with Korean animators. Since Fox did as well, I am now on the hunt to identify which studio developed Operation: Aliens. I will keep you informed of what I find out.

You will like this: Den got back to me and said he didn't do the Alien but they used "bits and pieces." He pointed this out. Look at the Xeno hand on the left of the package - now go check out the Xeno hand on Aliens comic issue 4 of series 2!

Here's that cover:

And the card:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

One of the trading card sets had the Alien artwork from the back of the Kenner packaging in it. I'll go have a look and see which set it was.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 14, 2017, 06:28:59 PM
Looking into this a bit further. I don't think that artwork is Beauvais' work (he did the Topps card releases) and it sounds like Kenner often went with Korean animators. Since Fox did as well, I am now on the hunt to identify which studio developed Operation: Aliens. I will keep you informed of what I find out.

Thanks, much appreciated. I keep meaning to do a bit of digging on Operation: Aliens and put a page together on it.

QuoteYou will like this: Den got back to me and said he didn't do the Alien but they used "bits and pieces." He pointed this out. Look at the Xeno hand on the left of the package - now go check out the Xeno hand on Aliens comic issue 4 of series 2!

Here's that cover:

And the card:

https://www.twistedtoys.co.uk/acatalog/hicks.JPG

Yeah, I can totally see that. Looks like they just changed the colour.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2017, 10:25:41 AM
One of the trading card sets had the Alien artwork from the back of the Kenner packaging in it. I'll go have a look and see which set it was.

Thanks, Huda!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 10:29:31 AMThanks, much appreciated. I keep meaning to do a bit of digging on Operation: Aliens and put a page together on it.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Operation%3A_Aliens_(television_series)

:P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 10:29:31 AMThanks, Huda!

It was the Alien Legacy set. Unfortunately it says "artist unknown".

I'd throw up a scan but I'm going out for the weekend later and I don't think I'll have time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2017, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 10:29:31 AMThanks, much appreciated. I keep meaning to do a bit of digging on Operation: Aliens and put a page together on it.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Operation%3A_Aliens_(television_series)

:P

More digging!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 10:29:31 AM
It was the Alien Legacy set. Unfortunately it says "artist unknown".

I'd throw up a scan but I'm going out for the weekend later and I don't think I'll have time.

I'm heading back home tonight so I'll check it out. I'm pretty sure I've got the Legacy set. That's the Inkworks one, yeah?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2017, 11:21:10 AMI'm heading back home tonight so I'll check it out. I'm pretty sure I've got the Legacy set. That's the Inkworks one, yeah?
#

It is indeed. It's in with the "Art of Alien" cards. Card #67 to be precise.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

So I went out to TRU after payday and picked up 4 more arcade xeno's so I can finish my main display.  Had a lot of painting to do.

I also managed to get some new ink for the printer and went to home depot for the rest of the building materials.  Just some minor details left to complete the ops room and then I wait for my Series 12 figures and xeno's and I have another Hicks & Hudson pack on the way with another Ripley and Newt.  Gonna use the Colonel Stars figure and a head from a T-1000 to make another Gorman.  I'll most likely do the same thing again to replace the current Gorman I have if it works.  I kinda dislike the way my Bishop/Gorman turned out.  I'm still debating if I want to buy that filthy swine, Burke.  Maybe i'll do something special for that backstabbing SOB. 

In the meantime, i'll be starting my Aliens: Colonial Marines characters.  Winter is already done, just gotta add a few details here and there.  I'll be doing Bella, Cruz, O'Neil, Reid and Winter.

I'll be spending the rest of the day getting ready to mount this sucker.  Now the fun begins.  Good thing you guys don't have to hear my extended vocabulary.  I have to cut and paint the mounting board. (the spot i'm mounting it is offset from the studs, so I have to make a mount base so it's centered behind my desk)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Amazing

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

So after a few vulgar words, I have finally mounted this sucker!

Can anyone tell me where I can find resin cast walls or anything like that?  I'm not exactly sure if thats what it's called, but i've been looking for bits and pieces like that and don't really know where to begin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed