Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 868,868 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Any idea who the artist of that one was?

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I remember that Magazine too! It was pretty rare to come across in Canada. I found maybe 2 or 3 issues as a kid that I no longer have. I think I remember one of the other covers being the same as the "Newt's Tale" comic cover. Pretty cool magazine from what I remember though. That's where I found out that the Special Edition of Aliens existed was through an article in that & also saw a photo of Burke cocooned on the walls. Wish it ran longer!

I do have a torrent however of all the Aliens comics/Magazine stuff I'm missing so the answer to your question on the cover is Paul Johnson. I'll post the pics to see. The name is in the 2nd picture on the left side of the page. I believe this is the actual issue itself where I learned about the special edition haha

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thank you, good sir. That'll be going on Facebook sometime soon, I think! That's a gorgeous cover.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Happy to help out! When it comes to the comics I usually have anything needed at the ready haha Even though I own a majority of the real things, I also did torrents of every issue so I have them all digitally for whenever I feel like reading & not digging out my long comic boxes haha Those things can be a pain in the ass after a while so it's nice to have them handy on a USB stick. I even have all the mini comics that came with the Kenner toys. I lucked out having those show up in a file once.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not read those for a long time. Those Kenner ones were absolutely batshit crazy!  :laugh:

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I'd be more than happy to put them in a rar file & send them your way if you're interested!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I already have them myself but feel free to throw them up for anyone who is interested! Thanks for the offer though.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

i'm from the same city as dark horse:D they have these life size Alien/predator. They actually look kinda shitty haha

i'll take a selfie for you boys next time i go

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Cool. I look forward to it!  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 02:57:17 PMAny idea who the artist of that one was?

Tarzan beat me to it :) Yes, it was Paul Johnson. There were some superb covers to some of those issues. My favourite is a piece by Kilian Plunkett showing the queen getting flushed out of the Sulaco. I'd post a copy but I'm working from my phone now!

For a while now I've actually been meaning to do some scans of the cover artwork from at least the Dark Horse issues because there really aren't any good copies of most of the covers online. If I ever get around to it I could send you the files if you'd like.

That said, Tarzan, that copy you posted is definitely better than the one I have. If you have all the covers in similar quality do you think you could send them to me? I'm only interested in the cover artwork, I have the mags themselves :)

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 18, 2016, 03:50:58 PM
Happy to help out! When it comes to the comics I usually have anything needed at the ready haha Even though I own a majority of the real things, I also did torrents of every issue so I have them all digitally for whenever I feel like reading & not digging out my long comic boxes haha Those things can be a pain in the ass after a while so it's nice to have them handy on a USB stick. I even have all the mini comics that came with the Kenner toys. I lucked out having those show up in a file once.

Yeah reading the comics digital is really nice, although a slight different experience.
What program do you use for reading them? i use cdisplay, have been using it since i was a kid. 

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2016, 08:20:29 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 02:57:17 PMAny idea who the artist of that one was?

Tarzan beat me to it :) Yes, it was Paul Johnson. There were some superb covers to some of those issues. My favourite is a piece by Kilian Plunkett showing the queen getting flushed out of the Sulaco. I'd post a copy but I'm working from my phone now!

For a while now I've actually been meaning to do some scans of the cover artwork from at least the Dark Horse issues because there really aren't any good copies of most of the covers online. If I ever get around to it I could send you the files if you'd like.

That said, Tarzan, that copy you posted is definitely better than the one I have. If you have all the covers in similar quality do you think you could send them to me? I'm only interested in the cover artwork, I have the mags themselves :)

sure i don't mind. My roommate has a printer with a scanner so i might as well give it a go.
just tell what issues you want

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 10:44:05 AMsure i don't mind. My roommate has a printer with a scanner so i might as well give it a go.

Oh, don't worry if you'll need to scan them all. I can do that myself, I just thought you might already have some digital copies floating around, seeing as you just posted that one.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2016, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 10:44:05 AMsure i don't mind. My roommate has a printer with a scanner so i might as well give it a go.

Oh, don't worry if you'll need to scan them all. I can do that myself, I just thought you might already have some digital copies floating around, seeing as you just posted that one.
this is all i have

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

OK, no worries, I'll get to scanning them myself some time. Thanks though!

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
OK, no worries, I'll get to scanning them myself some time. Thanks though!

yeah never had the need to scan any myself. But if there's any that you might not have i'd be glad to contribute and post them

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed