Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 868,869 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Two more buys, somewhat encouraged by how pleasantly impressed I was with The Book of Alien.

Only had a brief flick through so far. The idea of a comic book using movie screenshots is pretty mad, and very 70s.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2016, 10:27:41 AMI think they go for around £30.

Ended up costing me less than that!

The other buy's a bit more random.

Nothing terribly revelatory in it, but it does have some nice interviews with Weaver, Biehn, Henrikson, Cameron, Hurd and Winston. And a random adaptation of the film with a bunch of stills, some of which I hadn't seen before. Oh, and talking of stills, a couple of shots of Hicks propping up Wierzbowski in the Hive, deleted from the final film, managed to sneak in there!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2016, 10:20:01 AM
Two more buys, somewhat encouraged by how pleasantly impressed I was with The Book of Alien.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f9/Alien_Movie_Novel.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/377?cb=20151006093808

Only had a brief flick through so far. The idea of a comic book using movie screenshots is pretty mad, and very 70s.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2016, 10:27:41 AMI think they go for around £30.

The other buy's a bit more random.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/2/2b/Aliens_The_Official_Movie_Magazine.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/353?cb=20150226015112

Nothing terribly revelatory in it, but it does have some nice interviews with Weaver, Biehn, Henrikson, Cameron, Hurd and Winston. And a random adaptation of the film with a bunch of stills, some of which I hadn't seen before. Oh, and talking of stills, a couple of shots of Hicks propping up Wierzbowski in the Hive, deleted from the final film, managed to sneak in there!
I still have my copy from 1986,in a very battered state.It's how i first discovered the deleted Burke cocoon scene.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 14, 2016, 10:44:06 AMI still have my copy from 1986,in a very battered state.

This one's in surprisingly good nick, especially given that I didn't pay very much for it!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2016, 10:47:45 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 14, 2016, 10:44:06 AMI still have my copy from 1986,in a very battered state.

This one's in surprisingly good nick, especially given that I didn't pay very much for it!
I also came across a near-mint copy in the early 2000's but passed.An informative read for it's time but as you say,nothing too revelatory about it-especially now with the Blu Ray's and other more in-depth books and articles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What kind of nick is it in?

QuoteOh, and talking of stills, a couple of shots of Hicks propping up Wierzbowski in the Hive, deleted from the final film, managed to sneak in there!

These ones?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2016, 12:02:26 PMWhat kind of nick is it in?

Bloody good to be honest! Wouldn't quite go all the way to mint but it looks like it's barely been touched since it was published.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2016, 12:02:26 PMThese ones?

Don't think so. There are two shots in colour, similar to the first of those but I don't think either is that exact image. I'd have to look again to be certain though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2016, 12:08:29 PM
Bloody good to be honest! Wouldn't quite go all the way to mint but it looks like it's barely been touched since it was published.

Very nice find then!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2016, 12:08:29 PM
Don't think so. There are two shots in colour, similar to the first of those but I don't think either is that exact image. I'd have to look again to be certain though.

Any chance of some snaps if you get chance?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2016, 12:34:22 PMAny chance of some snaps if you get chance?

How did I guess that was coming ;D

Will do!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Because I'm a nebby caunt.

I'm sure I've got a scan of that magazine somewhere but I canne find it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f9/Alien_Movie_Novel.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/377?cb=20151006093808

I do love that TagLine.

They should use it for something else. Maybe Covenant ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2016, 01:49:08 PM
I'm sure I've got a scan of that magazine somewhere but I canne find it.

I found them! Not very good pictures.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The movie novel is neat but strange:the scene with Parker and Brett in engineering is missing.The captioning for the book is first-rate,my favourite line is:"The Nostromo and its refinery glide gracefully through space.But the outward calm masks the primal terror lurking within its hull".

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2016, 05:52:52 PMI found them! Not very good pictures.

Yeah, they're the ones. Bit clearer than that in the book, but this is a mid-1980s movie tie-in magazine so the printing's hardly razor-sharp :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I meant mine weren't very good.  :-\ The scan quality doesn't seem to be the greatest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed