Old school predator (Spoiler)

Started by Milan, Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Author
Old school predator (Spoiler) (Read 56,579 times)

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 02:29:21 AM
I would go with choice A... ;D

that's what Steve Perry went with also, with the only truly honorable predator being machiko's buddy in Prey the rest were pretty much assholes with fragile egos

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

If preds see themselves honourable, we won't know. Since there's no one to tell us what they thought about shooting people in the back, it can't be revealed. It's the same case with fun. Nobody knows what makes them happy.
But with saying they go after prey that can fight back it is accepted they differ from human hunters imo, since preys of humans don't have the will to fight back, or if they have an humans know it, they won't give them the slightest chance. Though it's for nowadys, in former times it wasn't the same because they didn't have the equipment we have nowadays. The difference is they were hunting for food mostly. Preds seem to go after prey that can kill them. Or sometimes they reduce their chances, or start to fight rather than hunt. My conclusion is that strenght is the value they are after. The strongest prey matters, and if they are surrounded by weaklings, those will fail too. But those who are the best will become trophies. It doesn't surprise me Dutch and Billy were the last ones to die. Even if Dillon and Mac hadn't stay behind, they would have been killed before.
This has nothing to do with honour or fun. Less with honour, since fun comes with the thrill of the hunt. Of course it's bound by rules.
But it's consequent, not a motive.
My opinion.
But anyway, since human words are used here, and 'fun, honour' are human standards, I don't think saying any of them would be more logical than the other. Though for me none of them is logical.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: magical_boy on Mar 26, 2010, 04:12:34 AM
Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 02:29:21 AM
I would go with choice A... ;D

that's what Steve Perry went with also, with the only truly honorable predator being machiko's buddy in Prey the rest were pretty much assholes with fragile egos

I think that Steve Perry did it wrong, he made Broken Tusk a Hero.
The same happened with Spidermans enemy Venom, they introduced Carnage and Venom went from being a villain to an antihero, but I liked Venom more as a bad guy.
Same goes with the Predator, I like him more as a bad guy.
I can see a team up taking place but it have to be done with more finesse than how they paired Lex with Scar and Broken Tusk with Machico.

But I really would like to hear peoples opinion about the "Old School Predator".

The part within the spoiler tags is from the script, I left out some details in the fight, I think that the action described is good but there is something about it that reminds me of Lex and Scar team up but without the "Love"...

Spoiler

...Predator still hangs on the totem. Snaps back to
consciousness.

PREDATOR POV: Royce standing before him. Close. Too close.
Picks up an axe from a pile of discarded Predator weapons at
the thing's feet. Feels its weight in his hand.
Beat.

ROYCE
You understand me?
Crucified Predator focuses on him with bloodshot eyes.

ROYCE
I want out. Off world. There's a
ship here. Can you fly it?
Crucified Predator studies Royce for a long beat.
Then, a nod.

Slowly Royce raises the blade...
THWACK! He cuts the creature's bond. THWACK! THWACK! THWACK!
Predator falls to the ground.
Moment of truth.

Predator rises to his feet. Massive. Imposing, even despite
his injuries. Or perhaps because of them.
Royce stares at him, tensing, ready to fight and die.
And then the thing ROARS!
It is a cry ripped from the depths of its soul. Fierce.
Primitive. Timeless.

EXT. JUNGLE
Isabelle and Edwin are DRAGGED along the jungle floor.
Captives.
The ROAR washes over them. Birds SCREECH. Animals HOWL. It's
as if the jungle itself is reacting to the creature's call.
Black's head snaps toward the sound.

INT. SUPER PREDATOR SHIP
The space is dark and dormant as a crypt. Bulkheads.
Machinery. Grates. Spartan. Efficient. Lived in.
CLOSE ON a Lexan panel. A gauntlet covered Predator hand
glides along
Lights FLICKER on. A WHIR emanates from somewhere deep inside
the ship's core. Grows stronger.
Holographic display materializes.
Star charts cycle through. Finally settling on--
A familiar blue planet.
It reflects in Royce's eyes.
Another panel flashes, red, insistent.
A second hologram manifests. Ground proximity sensors. On it,
three forms -- one massive, two smaller, entwined --
approaching.
Predator hand reaches down. Picks up the original, old school
plasma caster resting on the floor. Lowers it onto his
shoulder mount.

Caster CLICKS into place. SWIVELS. GRINDS to a halt.
Predator SLAMS his shoulder against a bulkhead. Caster
swivels again, this time clean, even. Malfunction fixed.
Payback time.
Predator -- fully armed, fully armored, a warrior restored to
his former glory -- pushes out toward the exit.
Royce looks after.
Predator exits the ship, hitting a panel on his way out.
The hell that is this planet is erased from view, as the
bulkhead SEALS SHUT, leaving Royce very much alone.

EXT. HUNTING CAMP

A few skulls RATTLE.
Black's eyes snap toward them. Then to the totem.
Predator's gone, bonds cut.
Black swings around in the direction of his ship...
And DIVES, as a plasma bolt WHIPS by...

( Old school Predator and Black fights, none are superiour...until...)

Predator -- Black -- wrist blades locked. A contest of
strength, neither one willing to back down. WHAM, Black
delivers a vicious HEADBUTT that craters the other guy's
helmet...

...Predator staggers. Black DRIVES the wrist blades into his
back, puncturing the skin at the base of the vertebrae.
Wraps its hand around it. Pulls with otherworldly strength.
RIPS out Predator's spinal column.

It's over.

Black -- covered in blood, green and black -- studies his
slain opponent. Discards the grizzly object
[close]

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

I don't think Predators (2010) is a "going away party" for the classical/old-school Predator. RR's has just introduced a new clan into the original Predator movie universe and I'm sure we will see more traditional Predators in future movies and spin-offs.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Dark Jester on Mar 26, 2010, 02:40:24 PM
I don't think Predators (2010) is a "going away party" for the classical/old-school Predator. RR's has just introduced a new clan into the original Predator movie universe and I'm sure we will see more traditional Predators in future movies and spin-offs.

I was adding the script to my previous post while you were replying,
you might want to check it out...

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 03:05:08 PM

I was adding the script to my previous post while you were replying,

yes read it. what about it?

Milan

Milan

I think that the new Predators was introduced for a reason, they are the ones who will take over.
They are the future. But isn't this something that R.R already confirmed?
Something that has to do with the evolution with the cinematic Predator.
Like Anytime was THEN,
BSP is NOW

QuoteI was adding the script to my previous post while you were replying,
yes read it. what about it?

Don't you think that the whole thing would have been better if the Predator didn't strike a deal with Royce in order for to be set free or saved.

I would have liked that he got free by an accident like miss directed fire and he went to his ship to pick up the Plasma Caster without Royce...

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 03:39:42 PM
Don't you think that the whole thing would have been better if the Predator didn't strike a deal with Royce in order for to be set free or saved.

I would have liked that he got free by an accident like miss directed fire and he went to his ship to pick up the Plasma Caster without Royce...

I can understand why some fans would find that part of the script annoying. Your idea can also work.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteDon't you think that the whole thing would have been better if the Predator didn't strike a deal with Royce in order for to be set free or saved.

It would be better imo. But when did RR confirm bsp is the future? I mean I haven't heard anything about it. That would be sad.

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 26, 2010, 05:53:26 PM
But when did RR confirm bsp is the future?

I really hope not

Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 02:27:52 PM
[/spoiler]

well at least old school has his injuries as an excuse

Milan

Milan

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 26, 2010, 05:53:26 PM
QuoteDon't you think that the whole thing would have been better if the Predator didn't strike a deal with Royce in order for to be set free or saved.

It would be better imo. But when did RR confirm bsp is the future? I mean I haven't heard anything about it. That would be sad.

Well, I remember that he's been talking along those lines in interviews, mostly when he explains the reason behind these new Predators being introduced. It's was like Anytime and Pussyface is the past, 2000 is a new era and with it comes new Predators...it's something like "evolution".

Quote from: magical_boy on Mar 26, 2010, 10:28:40 PM
Quote from: Milan on Mar 26, 2010, 02:27:52 PM
[/spoiler]

well at least old school has his injuries as an excuse

Excuse? I don't really understand what you're saying...

Are you thinking about Scar?
Well, Scar had an alien inside him and he knew it. So he was pretty much f**ked even if he didn't team up with Lex.

And if you remember the scene from AVP, then you remember that he was aiming his plasma caster at her,
but accepted her because she showed that she had "fight" in her when she killed the Alien...

That is WRONG!
When dutch and his team made themselves prey when they took out the camp, Harrigan and his team made themselves prey when Harrigan took out the Colombians outside the house.

To be able to kill something that a Predator sees as prey doesn't make him friendly towards you...
it's the total opposite. It's just the type of the thing that makes you a prey.

From what we seen from the movie so far it looks like they are sticking to that script pretty well,
I don't think that there Will be any major changes.

But I hope that R.R have done his homework, so that he'll understand the Predators more than Anderson and the Bros.

He can go whatever way he likes with the new ones and I'll support it, sure they ain't the same as Anytime and Pussyface but it doesn't have to be a bad thing, it can actually be refreshing.
If I'm going to "judge" them (the new predators) it will be after the movie.

But maybe, maybe they make the movie be like this...

Spoiler
...Predator still hangs on the totem. Snaps back to
consciousness.

The totem is damaged from the fight earlier, with the remaining strength the Predator has left,
he struggles, twists, but nothing...
He lowers his head, exhales...

Then, Suddenly...
... the bonds break and the Predator falls to the ground.

Predator rises to his feet. Massive. Imposing, even despite
his injuries. Or perhaps because of them.

And then the thing ROARS!
It is a cry ripped from the depths of its soul. Fierce.
Primitive. Timeless.

EXT. JUNGLE
Isabelle and Edwin are DRAGGED along the jungle floor.
Captives.
The ROAR washes over them. Birds SCREECH. Animals HOWL. It's
as if the jungle itself is reacting to the creature's call.
Black's head snaps toward the sound...

INT. SUPER PREDATOR SHIP
The space is dark and dormant as a crypt. Bulkheads.
Machinery. Grates. Spartan. Efficient. Lived in.
CLOSE ON a Lexan panel. A gauntlet covered Predator hand
glides along
Lights FLICKER on. A WHIR emanates from somewhere deep inside
the ship's core. Grows stronger.
Holographic display materializes.
Star charts cycle through. Finally settling on--

Another panel flashes, red, insistent.
A second hologram manifests. Ground proximity sensors. On it,
three forms -- one massive, two smaller, entwined --
approaching.

Predator hand reaches down. Picks up the original, old school
plasma caster resting on the floor. Lowers it onto his
shoulder mount.

Caster CLICKS into place. SWIVELS. GRINDS to a halt.
Predator SLAMS his shoulder against a bulkhead. Caster
swivels again, this time clean, even. Malfunction fixed.
Payback time.
Predator -- fully armed, fully armored, a warrior restored to
his former glory -- pushes out toward the exit.

Predator exits the ship, hitting a panel on his way out.
The hell that is this planet is erased from view, as the
bulkhead SEALS SHUT.

EXT. HUNTING CAMP

A few skulls RATTLE.
Black's eyes snap toward them. Then to the totem.
Predator's gone, bonds broken.
Black swings around in the direction of his ship...
And DIVES, as a plasma bolt WHIPS by...
[close]

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I remember that he's been talking along those lines in interviews, mostly when he explains the reason behind these new Predators being introduced. It's was like Anytime and Pussyface is the past, 2000 is a new era and with it comes new Predators...it's something like "evolution".

Oh, thanks for the info. But I hope he meant it more like these new preds will be another kind. I remember him using the terms, they are like 'dogs and wolves'. I hope it will be like this in the end.

QuoteTo be able to kill something that a Predator sees as prey doesn't make him friendly towards you...

I agree. Though if the situation is really messed up (like in Prey, but not in avp >:(), they might consider some help. But it ends there, nothing more or less. With the predators, I think the hunter that has been freed would pay his graditude only with not killing Royce. But nothing more, not teaming up, or anything like that. He became a prey just in that moment (with the bsp's and other humams). All he gets is a bit advantage.

Milan

Milan

QuoteTo be able to kill something that a Predator sees as prey doesn't make him friendly towards you...

I agree. Though if the situation is really messed up (like in Prey, but not in avp >:(), they might consider some help. But it ends there, nothing more or less. With the predators, I think the hunter that has been freed would pay his graditude only with not killing Royce. But nothing more, not teaming up, or anything like that. He became a prey just in that moment (with the bsp's and other humams). All he gets is a bit advantage.
[/quote]

I see the Predators as Yautja, that being said, I also see them as different, like comic Yautja and movie Yautja.

In Prey we get to see the Predators single out what planets and life forms they are going to sacrefise for their alien hunt, as I remember it, these lifeforms weren't ones that they saw as prey.
and they didn't know that there was humans on that planet.

The Yautja has three names and values for lifeforms.
1) Hunter-  are not to be hunted.
2) Prey-      are to be hunted.
3) Nothing-  are not to be hunted.

If you don't have fight in you, if you ain't acting aggressive or if you're actions aren't aggressive then you're nothing, if you do have some fight in you then you become prey and you're fair game,
if the prey manages to kill the hunter then the prey is seen as an equal, but doesn't gain the same respect as a Yautja.

In "prey" the beasts used for sacrefise and the humans were seen as innocents,
to hunt humans was against their code and that was why broken tusk fought his clan mate. That predator had a collection of human skulls, one seemed to belong to a child.
That made the Predator a bad blood, and bad bloods have to be killed.

Now it was up to Broken Tusk to fix the misstake made by them to hunt Aliens there.
It was an illigal hunt.

QuoteWith the predators, I think the hunter that has been freed would pay his graditude only with not killing Royce. But nothing more, not teaming up, or anything like that. He became a prey just in that moment (with the bsp's and other humams). All he gets is a bit advantage.

Well, I think that the old school predator sees himself as a Hunter and BSP is a bad blood who needs to be hunted down and killed...
How Royce would be seen is...well, I don't really know...
A Bad Blood has lost the title "hunter", but is it viewed as "prey" by other Predators?
I get the impression that they ain't viewed as "prey" cause if the prey beats the hunter then he's given some respect, a Bad Blood would never be given respect or mercy by an other Predator for killing one of their kind...never.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I didn't say I support the yautja concept, though there are elements in the depicted society I imagine just like writteb there. But I think in that situation the behaviour of the hunter was logical to me. Aside from all the cultural build up and society Perry made up, I think in a situation like that any hunter with normal inteligence would've done the same. I mean killing the bad bloods, who broke the rules. Then hed had to make sure the planet won't be destroyed because of their mistake. And for that he could team up with anyone, since it was not a hunting situation anymore. But in predators, it is, isn't it?

QuoteWell, I think that the old school predator sees himself as a Hunter and BSP is a bad blood who needs to be hunted down and killed...

He sees himself as a hunter, but I'm not sure bsp is bad blood. They didn't break any rules, because those rules don't exist for them. But the aren't prey also. I think preds look at them simply as something that has to be killed, no matter what. But bad blood is  category in their own society, and bsp is not. Maybe I'm wrong. Oh, I see. I was wondering why
QuoteA Bad Blood has lost the title "hunter", but is it viewed as "prey" by other Predators?
I get the impression that they ain't viewed as "prey" cause if the prey beats the hunter then he's given some respect, a Bad Blood would never be given respect or mercy by an other Predator for killing one of their kind...never.
this. But I see, I mentioned bsp as prey. Sorry, I was wrong. They are not, I agree.

Milan

Milan

It's hard to figure out what a Predator is and what rules they "follow",
cause most of the time we see the movie Predator flirt with stuff mentioned in comics, then we have the Predator seen in the comics who flirts with stuff seen in the movies...
It's hard to get a grip on what they really are.

I see the Predator having a culture that resembles the one described in the comics.
If I mix the movie Predator with the Comic Predator I come up with this.

*Everything in their culture and soceity is about them being hunters hunting.
*They believe in a hunter god and they honor their god by preforming rituals while hunting.
*When it comes to them being hunters hunting, they can be described as fanatics.
*Because of this fanatism they got stuck in their own evolution as a speices,
  that's why they have advanced tech but there also something very primitive about them,
  like they couldn't figure out what a fork is used for, other than stabbing a prey with it.
*They can take technology from other speices and make it suit their own agenda.
*They live and hunt alone or in clans/hunting partys.
*They got a code of honor, caught breaking that code will give the hunter the title "Bad Blood"
*Bad Blood's have to be hunted down and killed on sight, no thropys are allowed to be taken.
*Majority of the Predators call themselves Yautja, those who doesn't are considered being Bad Bloods.
*A Predator doesn't have years to describe his age, he uses hunts.
The "older" a Predator get's, the more influence he has over younger Predators,
  like the oldest one will be the one who is calling the shots.
*All Predators have to hunt, even the "old" ones.
*Trophys are vauleble in more than one way, a trohpy will grant the Predator one more hunt,
  who the trophy belonged to and how much of a threat it showed while being hunted
  will give the Predator extra respect,
  each trophy in their thropy case has a story behind it.
*Trophys are also left behind on the hunters location as a tribute to their gods,
  some are left behind to show both the potential prey and other Predators that the area
  has been claimed as "hunting ground" by a Predator.
*The Predator is a sadistic a-hole by nature, it loves causeing pain and fear.
*There are no such thing as a fair fight, it's a hunt, it's kill or be killed,
  if a Predator can manipulate  the "rules" to his advantage he will do it.
*The rules are not to be changed or questioned, ever.
*They used to live and hunt on their home planet, eventually they killed all the "Prey" living there,
  that's why they took their hunt to the stars...
*They think themselves being superiour speices, the title Hunter is their birth right, only theirs,
  all other speices are either nothing or prey.
*The title Prey is given to a lifeform that shows fight and it have be able to hurt or kill them.
*They got a big ego, Easy killings feeds that ego to the point that it makes them often overconfident.
*If the Predator would have been better keeping his cool while hunting,
  there would be alot more elders around.
*They seek their prey in locations were there's a conflict going on. They prefer areas that are warm.
*If you ask a Predator to describe his culture, religon and hunt, he wouldn't be able to do it, for him is just living. There are things like right and wrong, if he feels like he can get away with doing wrong then he'll probably will go for it. Much like if you are driveing alone on a straight road with a clear view both infront and back of your car, there are no cars or people around as far as your eyes can see, the road has the lowest speed limit, will you hold it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed