Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Started by ace3g, Sep 29, 2022, 10:24:45 PM

Author
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (Read 3,454 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Getting close to the 1968 movie, nice.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Wes Ball...

KiramidHead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 02, 2023, 09:58:34 PMWes Ball ]:

Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver are writing it, so they might offset Ball directing.

Edit: Oh and Prey's Patrick Aison had a hand in the script as well.

Nightmare Asylum

I can't speak to anything else Ball has made, haven't seen any of it, but I'm honestly quite liking what I'm seeing here.

I know this isn't actually the same timeline/continuity as the original film, but I do wonder how close to that timeframe we are here. There's definitely a pretty significant time jump since Reeves' films, the Forbidden Zone seems to either be established or in the process of being established, etc. Not to mention some pretty direct iconography from the original being lifted, with a literal recreation of the beach shot.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 02, 2023, 11:22:26 PMI can't speak to anything else Ball has made, haven't seen any of it, but I'm honestly quite liking what I'm seeing here.

I know this isn't actually the same timeline/continuity as the original film, but I do wonder how close to that timeframe we are here. There's definitely a pretty significant time jump since Reeves' films, the Forbidden Zone seems to either be established or in the process of being established, etc. Not to mention some pretty direct iconography from the original being lifted, with a literal recreation of the beach shot.

Ape culture has definitely evolved since War, for sure.

Nightmare Asylum

I need to revisit the recent trilogy. I think I saw Rise twice, and the Reeves ones once each. I know I really dug them, but my memory of the specifcis of how they play out is a bit hazy.

I grew up watching the original five movies over and over, and revisited them a bit over a year ago, so they're embedded much more in my brain than the recent ones, and so far Kingdom seems to be really stringing together what I know from the originals and what I remember from the new trilogy in a cool way.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

They really need to get a better writer for these. I was disappointed not only in their ability to take over a franchise forcibly but their ability to deconstruct it to the point where its just another low brow thriller of monkeys throwing bananas at people and the people have guns. then it inverses itself. Like it probably took 10 years for Planet of the Apes originally to be conceived. These only take two week writers workshop to write out in full (insert zombie apocalypse, romantic interest with human characters and then you're done). Movie deal signed.

Wasn't it written by a guy named Pierre Boulle? Nobody remembers that name anymore.

Immortan Jonesy

Thatguy2068

I can only say one thing about this
Spoiler
Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up Don't f**k this up
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

KiramidHead

Apocalypto with Apes? Sooooold!

nanison

nanison

Yep sold, now they have my attention. I also desperately need to see the first trilogy again.

Stitch

Stitch

It's such a terrible title.

A kingdom is the domain of a king. A planet is a planet. Kingdom of the planet makes no sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed