Recent posts

Maybe he also had a spirit of discovery and was simply curious.
For some people, curiosity is greater than fear.
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 03:18:03 PM
Missed this, but a comment from Asbell two days ago:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1789358917153341752
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 03:15:22 PM
True I guess. I just don't want a repeat of Covenant.
Last post by solace97 - Today at 03:10:45 PM
I think it will actually surprise us once we see how it is executed despite how it could sound on paper, though j am hesitant 
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 02:45:57 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
What is it about ash that is a cameo then, it can't be anything physical since Nostromo was destroyed completely, so if his head pops up then whoever came with that idea should quit showbusiness. If its BC then its goes back to the stupidity that I mentioned earlier
[close]

Spoiler
It's another robot with the same features, so not exactly the same Ash. Big Chap is definitely there, but is supposed to look damaged.
[close]

Spoiler
I see, I mean there is a precedent for androids using the same model so that is not too bad, still a shame about BC though.
[close]
Agreed but Kane did have a daring personality and he had no reason to think there were threats. Still foolish for sure though.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 02:45:57 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
What is it about ash that is a cameo then, it can't be anything physical since Nostromo was destroyed completely, so if his head pops up then whoever came with that idea should quit showbusiness. If its BC then its goes back to the stupidity that I mentioned earlier
[close]

Spoiler
It's another robot with the same features, so not exactly the same Ash. Big Chap is definitely there, but is supposed to look damaged.
[close]
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: Neila on Today at 09:07:15 AMThe scene that bothers me the most in Covenant is how Oram becomes a victim.
This could have been solved much more elegantly by David overpowering him and leaving him tied up to the huggers.

I agree, Oram's death is idiotic and Ridley tried to justify it because Kane did it. Which is not the case of course. Kan's situation was different, he had no reason to think there were active threats. The derelict was there for years with no life-signs besides the eggs.

Oram however, had plenty of reasons not to look into that egg, especially at the coaxing of a clearly untrustworthy android. David explains the nature of the pathogen, what it creates and clearly says the eggs are his successes based on his work with the pathogen. I could go but I would end up ranting lol  :laugh:
that's absolutely true.
Although it must also be said that Kane is acting somewhat illogically here.
I would never bow down to such a scary egg. but they wanted the shock effect so it had to be done.
in aliens you don't see how Russ gets the hugger,
but it was better and more believable with the prisoners in the nest.
Even in AvP it was well done because the huggers didn't wait for some idiot to "kiss" the egg but went on the attack independently.
Last post by Jaws the Revenge - Today at 02:32:19 PM
Going with SiL. Was just about to post the exact same comments. Memberberries Galore.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed