NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,221,416 times)

Darkseed

Darkseed

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 01, 2024, 06:24:16 PM
Quote from: TheReaper_82 on Apr 01, 2024, 01:40:14 AMI feel like Neca might lose the license. I hope not, but think Hiya did. Who could do it justice?

They have extended the license and are going strong. They have things in the works at the moment. The Disney buyout and lawsuit made things difficult for a while.
Do you know someone from Neca who said that or saw any interview? I'm asking because we are scraping for information at this point. We haven't heard a word from them for months by now. A lot of other fellow collectors here in Brazil are pretty pessimistic about the licesence's future.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Darkseed on Apr 01, 2024, 06:35:12 PM
Quote from: TheReaper_82 on Apr 01, 2024, 01:40:14 AMI feel like Neca might lose the license. I hope not, but think Hiya did. Who could do it justice?

They have extended the license and are going strong. They have things in the works at the moment. The Disney buyout and lawsuit made things difficult for a while.
Do you know someone from Neca who said that or saw any interview? I'm asking because we are scraping for information at this point. We haven't heard a word from them for months by now. A lot of other fellow collectors here in Brazil are pretty pessimistic about the licesence's future.

I used to work at Bandai, and yes, know people who work at NECA.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Darkseed on Apr 01, 2024, 06:35:12 PMDo you know someone from Neca who said that or saw any interview? I'm asking because we are scraping for information at this point. We haven't heard a word from them for months by now. A lot of other fellow collectors here in Brazil are pretty pessimistic about the licesence's future.
In the last New York Toy fair, NECA itself confirmed they are still working with the license and they have a lot of stuff for the future, including the Ultimate Wolf Predator.

Darkseed

Darkseed

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 01, 2024, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: Darkseed on Apr 01, 2024, 06:35:12 PM

I used to work at Bandai, and yes, know people who work at NECA.
That's a relief. It's been months that I don't open up a predator from Neca, can't wait to get something new.
Did your source say anything about dates for future announcements or anything? Sorry to ask, I don't how much would be ok to reveal since it's work related.

Still Collating...

Yep, they are still going with the licenses which is nice. Though I've been disappointed by their last few releases (the Nostromo crew is mostly great, but something with the sculpt and proportions of the Fireteam Aliens and Feral just doesn't click with me), I hope we see that damn Wolf Predator finally. I feel like they'll still be very slow with releases regardless since they're focusing on other lines. But I'd love to be proven wrong and see more regular releases. Not just new movie figures, but back to game, comic and Kenner variants.

Darkseed

Darkseed

Do you guys think that that Wolf prototype that we've seen some years ago is already outdated? I mean, it's been years since the picture was released. We've got feral that has a superior articulation nowadays.

Mike’s Monsters

There's a new Feral hitting Target shelves at this very moment, and more coming in the future. Don't have any information on dates, that's all on NECA's end. I know for sure we've got an upcoming announcement for a little ALIEN that's movie coming out soon.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Fingers crossed that's up to scratch with their FTE ones.

TheReaper_82

TheReaper_82

Thanks Mike!

Mike . Were you working at Bandai when they were making Avp Monster Arts? I miss that line.

Mike’s Monsters

Was not! Unfortunately, not enough people bought those figures and that's why they let the license expire for the S.H.MonsterArts line. It's a shame as they've really found their stride in the years since and are making even better figures now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I finally found some Feral Predators in the UK in a Forbidden Planet. Made me cry a little spending £60 on these figures that used to cost me £15. I was already grumpy enough at the £40 they went up to in the last few years.

I've not opened it yet but it looks damn nice and glad to finally be seeing the Feral over here.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Darkseed on Apr 01, 2024, 10:55:45 PMDo you guys think that that Wolf prototype that we've seen some years ago is already outdated? I mean, it's been years since the picture was released. We've got feral that has a superior articulation nowadays.

The model they showed eons ago had all the same articulation that all of the Predator's basically have since the AvP bodies and the jungle/city hunter 2.0 bodies have. Feral's number and types of articulation points are the same. Don't know if the joints are sturdier or something, but the basic full articulation has been ready for a long time.

The new Aliens better be a good size and not look derpy in the face. If I'm going to pay a huge amount for them now, I hope it'll do the movie justice with the proportions and range of motion in the joints. I'm curious to finally see something new from them.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

If they do end up releasing Wolf, I truly hope they fix some of the sculpting. The shoulder canon was way off and some other minor details and the sculpt itself should be updated as the original sculpt is rather soft and outdated.

Still Collating...

Have you seen their in progress pic from a million year ago?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 05, 2024, 06:25:51 PMHave you seen their in progress pic from a million year ago?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvBYpMoWQBAgwoM.jpg

Yeesh, imagine the figure being that close to completion and not releasing it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed