Concerning the Predalien reproductive ability *SPOILERS*

Started by Richman678, Dec 31, 2007, 06:10:33 AM

Author
Concerning the Predalien reproductive ability *SPOILERS* (Read 5,022 times)

Richman678

*SPOILERS*

Sorry I dont know how longer till we can freely use the term "Belly Buster"

Anyways as stated in my review I posted. I am very upset that they have screwed with the alien reproductive cycle yet again!

I'll admit the scene with 3 or 4 chestbursters coming out was cool looking.

But the true fans like myself have been pissed off since Paul screwed with the time length of it in the first movie (I dont care what you said in some interview you should have had it added in the film!)

Now we are forced to swallow this belly busting idea. So in a sense then in a colony of Predaliens There would be no Queen! I mean who needs it?

Only way someone can save this is if they show how the Predators reproduce obviously in the same way except the females actually give birth rather than dies when 3 or 4 baby predators jump out of her tummy!...also makes Danny Glover's comment "pussy face" even that much cooler! ...then it will make sense, and be pretty cool too!

What made Alien work was having Ash explain what was going on...And again in Aliens Bishop and Ripley discuss the Alien cycle so that the Queen dosn't appear to the audience as something dumb at the end. Even in Alien 3 Ripley talks about how she has never seen one like this before.

The reason I am so disapointed with both AVP movies is they took all the Science and Natural instincts that the first films had and just started throwing in ideas that would look cool on camera!

chime in if you like I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. However, if all you can type out is "No way l00ser thr33 chestbursters was FTW!!!! emirite kthx"  Then go make another stupid Predalien vs Jaws thread.

Wraith

I no way  shape or form did the multiple bursting look cool, uhh uhh, i shit you not.

Why not have some egg morphing action going on, could explain why the original Alien had the clear skull etc and could egg morph, and that the predalien could to, that maybe they were both molding queens? But nooo, we get gut burster's and hardcore Predalien oral rape.

Spectre

You can relate the predaliens reproductive method to the preds at all i mean look at a human born queen i mean that is so very closely related to humans... ::) U could argue the preds dominant genes but this alien was a molting queen i think in fact it looked like it was getting bigger since the first scene on the ship

That Yellow Alien

I'll just repeat a previous post of mine.

Maybe the new method is a result of the Predator DNA.

Think about it. We have only seen Queens from humans. If the Alien takes the most beneficial characteristics from its host, then maybe a Queen takes characteristics of the Predator reproduction method (born in litters). These characteristics, blended with the Alien reproduction method, result in this new, more efficient reproduction method. Now this new method wouldn't exist if the Predalien were just a drone, as only Queens have reproductive organs. But since this one is a Queen, it used its host's reproduction method to it's advantage and created this new amalgamation.

If we are to believe the Alien is a truly adaptable organism, than maybe it's not to far-fetched to believe that female (Queen) Aliens can take characteristics of its host's reproduction when it would be advantageous to do so. Accept it or not, just a little thought.

Wraith

Nice theory me likey. Though i'd prefer if they used the egg morphing, my first post to explain why.  :-\

Richman678

Yeah that theory seems pretty good to me too.

only argument is how do they get egg laying from humans? unless you mean that egg laying is a better way vs actually mating and have another baby (of coarse wheres the fun in that though?)

Wraith

Just had to throw in the Jurassic park quote eh?
But meh, this film is considered cannon, so i have a feeling we shall be seeing more gut bursters and oral rape, for shame =(  :'(

Richman678

The Lost World is a good read... :)

Wraith

Off topic yeah, it is. Though the first JP book is up there in my favourites, way better than what the movie turned out to be.

Back on to topic. =)

ScarPredator16

Why is it so hard to accept that it was just a young, undeveloped, queen's way of reproducing? It makes complete sense.

Spectre

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Dec 31, 2007, 06:55:36 AM
Why is it so hard to accept that it was just a young, undeveloped, queen's way of reproducing? It makes complete sense.

Audiencies did not get it though i had to explain it to my two brpthers who have seen all the other movies

Richman678

Yeah they have to make the movie so everyone can come to grasp with whats going on.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Richman678 on Dec 31, 2007, 06:35:02 AM
Yeah that theory seems pretty good to me too.

only argument is how do they get egg laying from humans? unless you mean that egg laying is a better way vs actually mating and have another baby (of coarse wheres the fun in that though?)

Egg laying is the natural way of reproducing. It wouldn't be advantageous to take our reproduction method over the normal egg laying method.

Wraith

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Dec 31, 2007, 06:55:36 AM

Egg morphing made more sense and looked way better than the f**king gut burster monstrosity's.  >:(

RidgeTop

I hate thinking that Predators reproduce with their mouths,  I like to think that they reproduce like we do, but their dominant genes, gave the Predalien its own form of Sexual reproduction,  took on some of the facehugger traits to compensate. or that this genetic fu<k up only happens to a molting queen.  or only happens to a Predalien molting into a queen.  

But the point is, we shouldnt have to waste our time trying to explain something that was put into place simply so FOX could save money.  they should have stuck with something much less controversial as this,  but I guess we are fans who have to make our little explainations even when the subject makes no sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed