Why are teenage Predators always used in movies?

Started by yautja99, Feb 02, 2007, 04:57:46 PM

Author
Why are teenage Predators always used in movies? (Read 7,386 times)

BrokenTusk

^ you mean ones on the verge of becoming elders, or arbiters ?

yautja99

I mean Pre-Elder Predators thats a good way to put it.

BrokenTusk

perhaps we'll see the Pred in AVP2 exactly or similar to this, this one is lean and athelic and has more experience.

Pvt. Hicks

The topic title makes no sense what so ever. The pred in P1 was a seasoned, grizzled hunter. In P2 the pred was younger, in AvP they were teenagers. In AvP 2, there is only one lone predator because there only needs to be one. It's just as experienced as the P1 pred I presume.

Punk19

Agreed, took the words right out of my keyboard

BrokenTusk

perhaps it's a bit more seasoned then the first, dunno until we get some bio on the "new" guy.

yautja99

Ok another thing that bugs me we never see female Predators ???

BrokenTusk

yeah and the fact we never see any predator younglings.

praetorian101

i cant even tell if its a teenage pred or not

BrokenTusk

the Predator in 1 was supposedly middle age or close to it.

in P2 it was younger then the first one, but older then the ones in AVP.

and finally in AVP, they're suppose to be teenagers.

yautja99

hahaha how about Pre-teen Predators :D

gyro

it explains it all in the first avp comic it is alll about training for the young ones and fun for the middle age  ones and in retirment the old ones teach so we see young ones screwing up
middle age ones kicking ass and old ones saving the day -- sort of like were i work--

Xenomorphine

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Feb 02, 2007, 06:05:29 PM
the first one we can assume was the most experience out of the 3, by just relying on a plasma caster and his wristblades. the second was refer to being younger I believe by the director and in AVP the unrated editon they're refer to as teens in Pred years( I assume.)

That logic has never really made much sense to me.

"Ah, veteran warrior! You have survived many battles and triumphed over challenging odds!"
"Thank you, oh wise leader! Tell me, what is my reward?"
"Well, we thought we'd take some of your weapons away from you."
"Um... What?"
"You don't need them!"
"So... I spent all that time in training and the older I get, the less capabilities I'm allowed to have? Like, not even for emergencies?"
"Precisely!"
"I think I'll just be... Over on this planet... Over here, if you don't mind. Away from you. With all my stuff, so that you won't take it away."

Heh!

Quote from: yautja99 on Feb 18, 2007, 07:34:40 PM
Ok another thing that bugs me we never see female Predators???

What makes you think the ones we have already seen aren't females? Or that they aren't all hermaphrodites? Or that the only differences between genders could have been what was noted between the firest and second films?

Do you think that females would have breasts? Would any creature in its right mind let something with a mouth configuration like that attach itself to one of the most sensitive areas of a body and feed from there? :)

Stalker

The original predator seemed like quite an experienced hunter. It calculated its moves, it waited for the right time to strike, etc. It all seemed like the movements of an older & more experienced predator to me. The second hunter seemed a little younger, but was nonetheless a deadly force, able to wipe out entire teams of heavily armed men like child's play. The AVP preds on the other hand were proven to be "teenagers". In Paul Anderson's mind though, they were even older & more experienced than the original hunters, as he stated in the DVD director's commentary. I personally don't buy into that whatsoever, as the AVP preds seemed far more irrational & bull headed when it came to hunt strategies & their tactics, which quickly got the majority of them killed. The lone predator in AVP2 is supposedly a veteran, so hopefully we'll finally get to see what an experienced hunter is capable of doing to an alien in combat.

Meathead320

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2007, 03:23:53 AM
Quote from: BrokenTusk on Feb 02, 2007, 06:05:29 PM
the first one we can assume was the most experience out of the 3, by just relying on a plasma caster and his wristblades. the second was refer to being younger I believe by the director and in AVP the unrated editon they're refer to as teens in Pred years( I assume.)

That logic has never really made much sense to me.

"Ah, veteran warrior! You have survived many battles and triumphed over challenging odds!"
"Thank you, oh wise leader! Tell me, what is my reward?"
"Well, we thought we'd take some of your weapons away from you."
"Um... What?"
"You don't need them!"
"So... I spent all that time in training and the older I get, the less capabilities I'm allowed to have? Like, not even for emergencies?"
"Precisely!"
"I think I'll just be... Over on this planet... Over here, if you don't mind. Away from you. With all my stuff, so that you won't take it away."

Heh!

Quote from: yautja99 on Feb 18, 2007, 07:34:40 PM
Ok another thing that bugs me we never see female Predators???

What makes you think the ones we have already seen aren't females? Or that they aren't all hermaphrodites? Or that the only differences between genders could have been what was noted between the firest and second films?

Do you think that females would have breasts? Would any creature in its right mind let something with a mouth configuration like that attach itself to one of the most sensitive areas of a body and feed from there? :)

ALLValid points.

For all we know genders are very different for them than us. As has been mentioned, Hermaphrodites, even being born from eggs is possible.

They may have live birth.

We don't know.

Could they breast feed?

I would say the chances of that are small, as that would be a remarkably small chance of parallel evolution.

So many assumptions people make.

"We have not seen an elder hunt."

What makes us think they still do hunt, or would be better than a middle aged one?

It is possible that by this point they are weaker physically, or have so many nagging injuries that they are retired.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed