AVP 3 plot, characters, and rating.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 20, 2013, 10:18:22 AM

Author
AVP 3 plot, characters, and rating. (Read 2,565 times)

Alien Jockey

I think AVP 3 plot should be in space. I think 70 to 75% of the plot should be in space. It'll connect more with the Alien series by mostly taking place in space. Alexa Woods should return; even if it's only a small role. A cameo would be pointless. If the film is mostly connected to the Alien series (it likely will be) then it'll have a female lead; just like AVP had a female lead. I want a male lead. It'll be different. I think a lot of people associate the AVP series (mostly AVP) with the Alien series because of the female lead. An alien movie could have a female, male, or a female/male lead. A Predator film can only have a male or male/female lead. A Predator film could never have only a female lead; the Predator films are to testosterone driven. Another important character like Charles Bishop Weyland would be great for this film; another way to connect it to the Alien series. There also need to be an important surviving character from Predator, or somebody related to them. There needs to be a way to really connect the film to the Predator series. AVP 3 should be rated R.

The Saint

In Space
1 pred , 1 alien
Backstories of why and how the Preds know abt the aliens
and a Marine team....how they react to preds .
Weyland Yutani's connection To AVP
Keyes team's fate and relevance .

Alien Jockey

Quote from: The Saint on May 21, 2013, 05:53:23 AM
In Space
1 pred , 1 alien
Backstories of why and how the Preds know abt the aliens
and a Marine team....how they react to preds .
Weyland Yutani's connection To AVP
Keyes team's fate and relevance .

You have great ideas, but thats not enough aliens in the film. I'd say 10 aliens and 5 predators (or 15 aliens and 10 predators). There  should always be more aliens than predators. Other than that your ideas are fantastic.

The Saint

i would like more,...but maybe in the backstories
1 alien and 1 predator in a spaceship with marines

Kimarhi

I always preferred the idea of one pred vs one alien with both species having no knowledge of the other.  Like a first time run in with each other.

Lie

Lie

I'll be honest after AVPR It's hard for me to even think of another AVP film.

If it's gonna be set in space it'll have to be in a space station that is study Aliens, the Predators come to hunt and destroy both the Aliens and Human researchers. The Marines are just the unlucky bastards that have been rotated there before shit hits the fan.

The Saint

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 27, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
I always preferred the idea of one pred vs one alien with both species having no knowledge of the other.  Like a first time run in with each other.
Thats a great idea!
would make a hell of a movie in the right  hands!

Kimarhi

Quote from: The Saint on May 27, 2013, 05:26:41 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 27, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Thats a great idea!
would make a hell of a movie in the right  hands!

I think you could still even use the same setup for both creatures.  Unsuspecting crew brings the Alien onboard, it hatches and gets lose.   The crew broadcast an emergency message with the sounds of conflict into space that transmits to a pred on his way to hunt when his curiousity gets the best of him.   Instead of going to his normal scheduled hunt, he is drawn to the unknown stalking the humans on their starship.  Human crew is picked off by both creatures until they formulate a plan to use their ship's mother system to draw the alien and pred into single combat while they head to the shuttle and or detach their payload. 

The only downside I see is that it would have to work more as a horror film.  That is definately a good move for the Alien, we are used to seeing them portrayed as a horror movie monster.  But the Predator?  Run the risk of making him an extraterrestrial version of Jason Vorhees.

However, our very own forum goer Psykore was good at portraying the Pred as a horror creature in his FEAR single player campaigns for AvP2 (game).  So I'm confident it could work.  The trick would be too balance it out where he's not shown to much to humanize him, but give him enough character traits and identifying characteristics that you know he's not the Alien in a different skin.

Maybe when I get back and have that month off after deployment I'll write a script.

tmoldovan

tmoldovan

I'd love to see 1 alien, vs 1 predator vs a cannon fodder of scared shitless marines.
One thing to keep in mind about "first encounter" scenario, it's not like it would make a difference to the alien. They have no allies, they attack first and don't bother to ask questions. That wouldn't bode well for an inquisitive predator. But then again if the predator just watched the alien slaughter marines and examined human defenses and counter attacks, that would be cool.
Damn, now I want to play the old game.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alien Jockey on May 20, 2013, 10:18:22 AM
A Predator film can only have a male or male/female lead. A Predator film could never have only a female lead; the Predator films are to testosterone driven.

You need to start looking at the art of crafting a story/script, before declaring what can and cannot be done in a movie which just happens to feature a certain monster.

Get the story right. Decide what the threat needs to accomplish. Then figure out which gender the lead should be... Keep in mind, Ripley was originally male.

I wouldn't care if the lead is intersexed, so long as what they feature in is good.

Kimarhi

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jul 27, 2013, 03:02:45 AM
I'd love to see 1 alien, vs 1 predator vs a cannon fodder of scared shitless marines.
One thing to keep in mind about "first encounter" scenario, it's not like it would make a difference to the alien. They have no allies, they attack first and don't bother to ask questions. That wouldn't bode well for an inquisitive predator. But then again if the predator just watched the alien slaughter marines and examined human defenses and counter attacks, that would be cool.
Damn, now I want to play the old game.

That is the thing though. Do the Aliens always attack first and ask questions later?  In Alien when it was grown it could've dropped into the mess hall and took out the crew while they were all talking to each other thinking that it wouldn't run up on them but it didn't.  I'm thinking they have more advanced thought processes that we give them credit for. 

How did that cat get in the locker?

I'm talking about using the first two movies of each franchise as my basis for the idea.  Maybe set in a time where the USCMC isn't set up yet but having soldiers on board the human ship from whatever organization preceeded the USCMC.  I used to know the name.  Have it set before humans were comfortable fighting in space and on other worlds but still have future tech.

SM

SM

QuoteHow did that cat get in the locker?

Same way all them guns got laid out for Elgyn.

tmoldovan

tmoldovan

Yeah, I guess there are a lot of possibilities to explore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed