Alien ripoffs and requels

Started by hawkangel, Aug 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Author
Alien ripoffs and requels (Read 100,461 times)

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

They even used the old AvP Aliens from MovieManiacs on the cover lol

nanison

nanison

Carnosaur 2 is almost an exact copy aliens

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

QuoteCarnosaur 2 is almost an exact copy of aliens
"Aliens meets Jurassic Park" is on the cover after all ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If we're talking "Aliens meets..." taglines, my favourite by far is from Deep Rising:

"A head-on collision between Aliens and Titanic!"

Why would you not watch that f*cking movie?!

Kurai

Kurai

Can I post this here?  :laugh:

DBZ's Frieza's third form was an Alien ripoff and I just saw this.  ;D

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: Kurai on Dec 03, 2016, 07:17:42 PM
Can I post this here?  :laugh:

DBZ's Frieza's third form was an Alien ripoff and I just saw this.  ;D
DbMV is horrible.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Sep 05, 2016, 05:31:20 AM
Watched Galaxy of Terror. This isn't an Alien rip off, it's Forbidden Planet with Alien set dressing!

Wanted to watch it for a long time and glad I did. Bizarre but entertaining movie.

Funny, I also watched it recently for the first time. Some shots are really cool, especially in the beginning, but the movie...eh

Jeri

Jeri

Recall seeing Alien vs Hunter or something on sci-fi channel years ago; complete trash.

hawkangel

hawkangel

Looks like Xtro is getting a special edition blu-ray release in Germany (limited edition of 500) -

I really liked this film, but I doubt I'd splash out for the deluxe edition. I'll just get one of the limited edition of 1000.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Are there any somewhat decent Alien rip offs or are they all just straight up shit?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 22, 2017, 04:21:24 PM
Are there any somewhat decent Alien rip offs or are they all just straight up shit?

I personally really like Leviathan, I think its The Thing underwater, with Alien-like way of getting the thing on the ship (discovering a derelict ship, crew member infected etc), and its really good up until the very end

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 22, 2017, 05:48:30 PM

I personally really like Leviathan, I think its The Thing underwater, with Alien-like way of getting the thing on the ship (discovering a derelict ship, crew member infected etc), and its really good up until the very end
Thanks, I'll have to give it a try. Are there any others that you'd suggest?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

No, the rest is what youd think it is. See Leviathan - Jerry Goldsmith scores, Winston designs, Ron Cobb does interiors

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: hawkangel on Jan 22, 2017, 10:15:11 AM
Looks like Xtro is getting a special edition blu-ray release in Germany (limited edition of 500) -

I really liked this film, but I doubt I'd splash out for the deluxe edition. I'll just get one of the limited edition of 1000.
D A M N

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 22, 2017, 07:29:06 PM
Thanks, I'll have to give it a try. Are there any others that you'd suggest?
Titan Find, Xtro and Galaxy of Terror are all pretty cool, if you're into that kind of kitsch 80s film

hawkangel

hawkangel

Some are good, most of them straight up terrible. I recommend Xtro, Galaxy of Terror and my personal favourite is Contamination.
As this thread is pinned, as suggested by someone here, I really need to sit down one day and edit the first post so that it lists them properly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed