question about queen.

Started by aliensetta, Jul 11, 2007, 02:51:17 PM

Author
question about queen. (Read 2,816 times)

aliensetta

aliensetta

If a Queen rips off her eggsack can she grow another one?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yup.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Probably, t's like a lizzard losing it's tail, a little different, but the lizzard will grow the tail back.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

It would take a long time but she could grow another one.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Thank you.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

you're welcome.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

It would take a long time but she could grow another one.

I dunno, she seemed to sprout a new one within a few hours in AVP: War

SM

SM

If she can in fact grow a new one - which is likely though unproven - I think she could do it pretty quickly.  Can't see any reason why it would take a long time, considering Alien metabolism.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

If she couldn't, do y'all think she would abandon it so readily?  Especially in a situation where there's less chance of having time or resources to restart the hive?

She grew one the first time, why would second be any problem?

Highland

Highland

I always thought that it didnt matter either way, the sack was just for placing the eggs so she didnt have to move. She could still lay as many eggs with or without the sack.

But hey, I could be wrong!

SM

SM

QuoteShe grew one the first time, why would second be any problem?

Can't imagine it would be a problem.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

If she can grow it once, unless she's like a human were if you cut your arm off then you won't grow it back, she can grow it again like a lizzard.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Jul 11, 2007, 11:28:24 PM
I always thought that it didnt matter either way, the sack was just for placing the eggs so she didnt have to move. She could still lay as many eggs with or without the sack.

But hey, I could be wrong!

The size of the Queen versus the size of the eggs would seem to indicate that her ovipositor is not just for placement.  The original gestation of the egg may take place inside her body proper, with the main growth spurt taking place in the ovipositor before being laid and whisked away by the drones.

All supposition though, obviously.

Highland

Highland

True, but it has been established that she can lay a fully functional egg ready to "pop"  :D

Which leads me to another question I always wondered, whats the time scale between A3 and Aliens....?

SM

SM

No, it's been theorised - not established.

The time frame is in the ballpark of a week.  Impossible to be certain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed