Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 50,162 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So, so close!

Kailem

Kailem

I was hoping that maybe it might arrive a day early like RE4 did, but no such luck. Hopefully at least it actually arrives on release date tomorrow!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Embargo lifted about an hour and half ago. We should start seeing reviews drop soon.

Kailem

Kailem

Wweyland

Wweyland

I must say it's a bit of a weird time to release the game.
I mean on a Tuesday just before Midsummer day when everyone is outside.
Maybe I'm just jealous as I don't have time to play it.

Kailem

Kailem

Finally my copy hath arrived! Looking forward to descending darkly tonight!

bobby brown

bobby brown

Finnished it today. am i first?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I finished it also about a few days ago, like you. Something like 50 hours put in, man was I slow!

Loved the game, hope it gets story expansions or DLC, or a sequel. That ending needs to be expanded upon. It was so fun, but so stressing, I need to take a break from the game before I replay it again. I played it on easy super safe with pause. Everyone lived of course, but it was still hard keeping them alive.

I plan to try it on nightmare or a similar custom difficulty on the next playthrough. I'm so glad we got something that's this special. A love letter to the RPG, to Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, to the old Dark Horse comics like Destroying Angels and no sign of the Pathogen for once. 

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 27, 2023, 08:35:27 PMI finished it also about a few days ago, like you. Something like 50 hours put in, man was I slow!

Loved the game, hope it gets story expansions or DLC, or a sequel. That ending needs to be expanded upon. It was so fun, but so stressing, I need to take a break from the game before I replay it again. I played it on easy super safe with pause. Everyone lived of course, but it was still hard keeping them alive.

I plan to try it on nightmare or a similar custom difficulty on the next playthrough. I'm so glad we got something that's this special. A love letter to the RPG, to Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, to the old Dark Horse comics like Destroying Angels and no sign of the Pathogen for once. 

Finished it last night on easy 30+ hours, no pause though, what's the fun in that? :D Lost one marine and had 19 days left before planetary bombardment.. In hindsight I really wished I played on a harder difficulty. There were too many technical bugs though, forcing me to reload saves on several occasions.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

The L1 and R1 buttons in the skill menu seem to be mere suggestions on PS5. No way in hell would I play with slow-mo when it can take seven button pushes before the menu finally decides to respond.

I saw at least one other person on Reddit with the same issue. Really hoping they patch this soon.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 27, 2023, 08:35:27 PMI'm so glad we got something that's this special. A love letter to the RPG, to Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, to the old Dark Horse comics like Destroying Angels and no sign of the Pathogen for once. 

This time the Space Jockey stuff seems to come out of the world of Scorn! ;D  8)🙏

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 28, 2023, 01:07:25 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 27, 2023, 08:35:27 PMI'm so glad we got something that's this special. A love letter to the RPG, to Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, to the old Dark Horse comics like Destroying Angels and no sign of the Pathogen for once. 

This time the Space Jockey stuff seems to come out of the world of Scorn! ;D  8)🙏

And it was beautiful, but no spoilers though for others, so that's all I'll say.

Wweyland

Wweyland

No Pathogen? Well, thats a switch!

bobby brown

bobby brown

Spoiler
And no engineers, holograms, or flutes,
[close]

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Spoiler
Nice link to the RPG with the Montero.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed