‘Alien Covenant’: What We Know About Ridley Scott’s Next ‘Alien’ Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2016, 03:23:28 PM

Author
‘Alien Covenant’: What We Know About Ridley Scott’s Next ‘Alien’ Film! (Read 873 times)

Corporal Hicks

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3383883/alien-covenant-know-ridley-scotts-next-alien-film/

Nice re-cap on what we know about Alien: Covenant so far by Bloody Disgusting.

QuoteAfter Fox spent the better part of last year developing a fifth Alien with District 9, Elysium and Chappie director Neill Blomkamp, the studio randomly pulled the project in favor of Ridley Scott's long-gestured Prometheus sequel.

Most films that go into production are kept under lock and key, with very little plot details available.

With Scott's Prometheus follow up, we know almost too much, which oddly still doesn't tell us a whole lot.

With filming set to begin next month in Australia, I thought it would make sense to compile the buckets of information into one post. I couldn't believe how much there was by the time I was done...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteAfter Fox spent the better part of last year developing a fifth Alien with District 9, Elysium and Chappie director Neill Blomkamp, the studio randomly pulled the project in favor of Ridley Scott's long-gestured Prometheus sequel.

Prometheus II was in development long before Blomkamp's Alien came along. It was at a much more mature stage of development and might even have been filmed by now if Scott hadn't decided to do "The Martian" first. And last I heard, Alienkamp was on hold, not canceled.

QuoteWith Scott's Prometheus follow up, we know almost too much, which oddly still doesn't tell us a whole lot.

So we know too much but we still don't know anything?  ???

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2016, 03:35:18 PM
Prometheus II was in development long before Blomkamp's Alien came along. It was at a much more mature stage of development and might even have been filmed by now if Scott hadn't decided to do "The Martian" first. And last I heard, Alienkamp was on hold, not canceled.

From what I remember they didn't have a clue what to do with Prometheus 2 for a long time.

426Buddy

Interesting, im totally excited though. Even though Prometheus wasn't as great asit should have been, it was still better than most scifi films that have come out in the last decade.

I really need a new R rated scifi horror film in my life. :laugh:

Enoch

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 29, 2016, 03:50:43 PM
Interesting, im totally excited though. Even though Prometheus wasn't as great asit should have been, it was still better than most scifi films that have come out in the last decade.

I really need a new R rated scifi horror film in my life. :laugh:

Indeed. Totally agree with you! ;D :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2016, 03:43:55 PM
From what I remember they didn't have a clue what to do with Prometheus 2 for a long time.

It seems so. But four years is plenty of time to develop a script.

And Ridley was already busy with location scouting for Covenant before Blomkamp's first draft was handed in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed