Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Today at 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Today at 10:18:15 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:59:31 PMI want a god damn new trailer... Not too spoilery if possible please.

We need one pretty damn quickly, before people on here start flinging poop at eachother...  ;D
A new trailer will probably be like throwing gasoline on a fire haha
Last post by Rankles75 - Today at 10:18:15 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:59:31 PMI want a god damn new trailer... Not too spoilery if possible please.

We need one pretty damn quickly, before people on here start flinging poop at eachother...  ;D
Last post by Ingwar - Today at 10:17:28 PM
Alien Films / Aliens on Earth as a third mov...
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: via Slash Film"I was working on 'AlienĀ³' in '89, which was before 'Jurassic Park' and all those movies. So the concept of having these creatures on Earth for the studio, it felt scary and unattainable. For me, it was the natural evolution. We've had the 'Alien' with the truck drivers in space, we've had 'Aliens' with the Marines in space, and where do we go next? Let's bring the aliens on Earth and have them going through the cornfield. I had the poster already in my mind with the farmhouse and the cornfield in moonlight, and they are going through the cornfield. To this day, I think it would've been a ginormous hit movie because it would've been the first time anything like that was done. But for whatever reason, the studio felt like, 'Ah, the audience won't buy that.'"

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1791575353430798411

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Streaming
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:15:53 PM
Criterion Channel is my most used streaming service by far.

Currently, I'm only paying for Criterion and Prime monthly (though me having Prime's streaming service is more so a byproduct of having Prime for Amazon's free shipping). I also have access to Netflix for free right now with my cell phone plan (and my girlfriend has Hulu for free through hers), and I have a free Kanopy account with unlimited access that I get through my job that I use a fair amount.

Been considering getting a Mubi subscription.

Everything else, I grab if/when I want to watch something on it on a per month basis. I used to keep monthly subscriptions to Max and Disney+, but I found that I wasn't watching nearly enough on them to make them worth the ever-increasing prices, so I'll just get them for a month or two on a temporary basis if/when there's something on them that I want to check out.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:59:31 PM
I want a god damn new trailer... Not too spoilery if possible please.
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 09:58:44 PM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Today at 09:40:37 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Today at 08:59:00 PMSometimes I think people care too much about this stuff, go outside and touch some grass for gods sake. Complicit in the degradation of a once beloved franchise , really?

I guess we can't all have the integrity and critical thinking skills of someone like Cruentus.
There's no need for personal insults, my guy. If thats your reaction to my opinion on a movie, maybe you're the one who needs to touch grass.

I apologize, that last bit was to be meant as a dig at Cruentus for suggesting the lack integrity and critical thinking of those who are excited for the film.

I see now that it reads as though I'm questioning your intregrity/critical thinking which was unintended and not what I think at all.
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:53:38 PM
They all play/are macho from the get go, how they get dismantled has not much to do with it.
General Film/TV Discussion / Streaming
Last post by Billiken - Today at 09:52:48 PM
What is your favourite streaming service? And do you have more than one? And how do you manage with so much choice to watch. I tend to stick to horror and thrillers and love Netflix documentaries
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed