Predator: Buddy Cop

Started by Pax, Mar 16, 2007, 10:38:39 PM

Author
Predator: Buddy Cop (Read 2,029 times)

Pax

Pax

Any one else tired of the Predators being the big wacky sidekick in AvP material?  As soon as you introduce Aliens, then hey, them humans and them Predators, they gots to stick together!

No.

Yeah, yeah, I know, the enemy of my enemy cliche, they have to work together against a common threat, they're both sentients, they can come to an accord... monkey crap!

Predators are monsters.  They kill people.  For sport.  Bad Predators, bad!

You can't, or at least you shouldn't, have these guys running around one minute slaughtering humans, and then make them out as heroes shortly thereafter. 

I think it'd be funny if, once, the Predator was busy flipping the dead Alien queen off, then turns around to find his "partner's" gun to his face.  "This is for (insert name of poor schmo killed by the Predator earlier), MFer!"

Okay, maybe I'm ranting a little, but how much are you going to want to hang out with Freddy or Jason if the other is after you?  Sorry, it just don't seem right...

-Pax

Vader the White

Vader the White

It's true. And that would be funny! ;D

Guan

Guan

Thats not true. Predators do not hunt for sport, thats what we humans got wrong, they do it for a... more traditiounal way. They do it for honour...
They are much like our samurais. They belive to die in battle is a great way to die and if defited they take their own life to restrain their honour - as do samurais!

Humans. Humans hunt for sport.

But in AvP they do miss alot that the preds, and aliens, would- or would not do. Like regruping with a stupid and weak ooman, thats not their way.
Maby an Elder Predator would think over an act like this, cause an Elder have learnd to respect every creature. But not an unblooded, young pup. They are arrogant and belive they are invincible. Thats why they have the ritual, to see wich one are a true warrior and wich one are the fake!

Thats the way of the yautjas!

DB

DB

I agree in that Predators should not be our friends anytime soon. Part of the reason I fear the Predators is the meaning behind their disgust at us. Why, despite us being so similar, would the Predators treat us as they do? As cattle? As meat? Why do they see us as inferior? Are we so sad a people that the Predators - superior to us in almost every category - can't see us as at least deserving of some respect because of our intelligence?

Not to mention that they being intolerant is a wonderful reflection of how we human beings treat other life forms.

I think that a Predator and human alliance is possible, but should only occur in the most desperate of circumstances. And even then, I do not think they should show each other mutual respect, as was the case with Machiko and Dachande and to a lesser extent, Lex and Scar.

Quote from: Guan on Apr 07, 2007, 01:16:16 PM
Predators do not hunt for sport,

But that's what the original Predator was doing. That's how the Predators started out - as hunters (and I mean like human hunters).

Guan

Guan

Well... yes, they hunt, but its not for the "joy" (as humans do), its more like to see wich one is the most superior - the predator or the prey. If defited, and let to live, the predator must (according to their rules in hunting) show mutal respect for the other one.
And yes, predator treat us as cattles, but thats just like humans treat other animals. Predators sees us as humans may see apes. Humans and apes are similar but the humans got a bigger body and a bigger brain, thats why wer superior to the apes and can treat them like a lesser thing (aparently)  :-[

Check this site, there is all about the predators way of life:  

http://members.iinet.com.au/~jaherne/thehunted/yautja/index.php

DB

DB

The original Predator disagrees. Some Predators may hunt to gain prestige amongst their people, but they also do it just for shits.

Rodolf

Rodolf

Thats not true. Predators do not hunt for sport, thats what we humans got wrong, they do it for a... more traditiounal way. They do it for honour...
They are much like our samurais. They belive to die in battle is a great way to die and if defited they take their own life to restrain their honour - as do samurais!

Humans. Humans hunt for sport.

But in AvP they do miss alot that the preds, and aliens, would- or would not do. Like regruping with a stupid and weak ooman, thats not their way.
Maby an Elder Predator would think over an act like this, cause an Elder have learnd to respect every creature. But not an unblooded, young pup. They are arrogant and belive they are invincible. Thats why they have the ritual, to see wich one are a true warrior and wich one are the fake!

Thats the way of the yautjas!

Bullshit!, If samurai warriors were so fearless, Why there were Ronins too?
What makes you think a predator would think a woman is weak? If they fight for honour, Why killing harmless humans like in avp?
I prefer the Predator 2 Yautja because avp preds were so greedy that the same xeno could f**k two of them. (But no more Xenomorph action anymore, Stupid Xenomorphs!)

Cromartie

Cromartie

not really tho...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Sorry... no. In the first Predator movie, they said it was for sport. It looked like it was for sport.
Here: http://www.alienexperience.com//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=542&topic=2779.0

Guan

Guan

Bullshit!, If samurai warriors were so fearless, Why there were Ronins too?
What makes you think a predator would think a woman is weak? If they fight for honour, Why killing harmless humans like in avp?
I prefer the Predator 2 Yautja because avp preds were so greedy that the same xeno could f**k two of them. (But no more Xenomorph action anymore, Stupid Xenomorphs!)

firts. I said ooman, not woman. Ooman means human in their own toung. And why would they not think that we are weak? Humans do not have the superior strength that the preds have... and they have another word for us humans too; "Pyode Amedha"... it means soft meat.
second. They did not kill harmless humans in avp (not much anyway). they were carrying weponds and if not killing them the humans would comlicate the "real" hunt. And they were young preds, teenagers as they said it, it was their first real hunt, ofcourse mistakes is gonna happend!  
third. And about the samurais, Im not an expert on them I just saw The Last Samurai and made the conection... But what I do know is that they are not fearless. Everyone is scared sometimes or else you would be mad. Preds, humans, animals are afraid, it keeps us alert. But we can not alow ourself to be controled by our fear...

Sorry... no. In the first Predator movie, they said it was for sport. It looked like it was for sport.
Here: http://www.alienexperience.com//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=542&topic=2779.0
Yes Arnold said that the pred hunted for sport in p1, the predator did not say it, the human did...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed