Classic AVP games for the Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network?

Started by TJ Doc, Apr 10, 2009, 03:32:37 PM

Author
Classic AVP games for the Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network? (Read 3,103 times)

TJ Doc

Hey,

I couldn't help but consider the possibility that, what with Rebellion working on this new AVP game, certain older AVP titles that they worked on may be available to download on consoles.

I loved their 1999 FPS (but I never played the Jaguar one) and would love to see it made available on the consoles' online networks!

But what do you guys think? :)

Corporal Hicks

It could be really cool. I'd love to see AvPGE and the Jag one released on the market place.

Private W Hudson

Yeah that would be awsome, They released the old duke nukem on xbox live marketplace why not the old alien games. :)

Private Hudson

I don't know, the controls would seem kind of wonky on a controller in my opinion.

The Necronoir

No real reason to have AVP:GE on the consoles, considering you can still easily play it on the PC (and the aforementioned control issue). A slew of old console games would be great though:

Aliens - Arcade
AVP - Arcade
Alien 3 - SNES
AVP - SNES
Alien Trilogy - Playstation
AVP - Jaguar

They could even bundle them together into a downloadable pack, with internal menus etc, like the Sonic collections.

TJ Doc

That's a pretty good idea too... so much awesome in one download!

I'd still enjoy AVP:GE as well, though. Plus, I'm sure they could work around the controls.

Simbaca

I doubt it this would happen although I really wish it would. The reason I think this is because they haven't even released any of the old Super Nintendo Star wars  games which I would also like to see. Also there have been rumors about Perfect dark coming out since launch also Resident evil 2. :'(

Mustafuk

Quote from: The Necronoir on Apr 11, 2009, 12:43:55 AM
No real reason to have AVP:GE on the consoles, considering you can still easily play it on the PC (and the aforementioned control issue). A slew of old console games would be great though:

Aliens - Arcade
AVP - Arcade
Alien 3 - SNES
AVP - SNES
Alien Trilogy - Playstation
AVP - Jaguar

They could even bundle them together into a downloadable pack, with internal menus etc, like the Sonic collections.
Also, alien resurrection for the ps1 should be there in that list. It was best alien game in the psx even when It featured an awful controls.

Giger_Incubator

Haha, I'm playing Alien: Trilogy right now.  I love that game.  It, Coolboarders, and Twisted metal 2 were the first games we got for our Playstation.

Anyone know of if there is an AVP:Gold for the Mac? 

dude63

Although it would be kool I don't see it happening. Considering you can still pick up most of the others for cheap. Maybe once AVP3 is released SEGA might consider it.

Sykopathic

I've wanted the Jaguar AvP for my 360 for awhile now. I bring it up in like every what old school game do you want thread.

TJ Doc

I just think it would really help SEGA with their "Franchise Assault".

Ash 937

Anyone ever play Alien 3: The Gun?  I think that game would be very cool if it was released on the Wii.

Also, there is a relatively new Aliens game that also uses a light gun that I played at Dave 'N Busters last year...but I can't remember its full name off hand.  It was a lot like Sega's House of the Dead only must faster and better looking.

AcidGlow

Aliens Extermination came out in like 2007 for arcades.

TJ Doc

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 09, 2009, 03:58:23 AM
Anyone ever play Alien 3: The Gun?  I think that game would be very cool if it was released on the Wii.

Yes. At Thorpe Park  :)

I played it with a friend, but we only got to the second or third level :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed