Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:21:29 AM
Ah that's right three. If it needed coolant because the maximum capacity then I guess its a fair point to say it contributed to their deaths.
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:16:51 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Today at 01:00:46 AMIt's almost as if Aliens is poorly written 80's action shlock, but with ground breaking special effects...
It's not poorly written at all.
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Yesterday at 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 11:59:04 AMThe whole plot's down to them being stuck on Acheron, if they had a logical operation with a custodian on the Sulaco or several, nothing's stopping them from just evacuating.

True, but if the Nostromo had more lifeboats, a lot more survivors would've made it off. Parker and Lambert would've lived. Mistakes and incompetence are a trademark of the universe by now.

Parker and Lambert didn't die because of there being limited life-boats. The shuttle had enough room for four people
Ripley explicitly says it can't take 4. Even 3 is pushing capacity, hence needing the coolant.
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Yesterday at 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 11:59:04 AMThe whole plot's down to them being stuck on Acheron, if they had a logical operation with a custodian on the Sulaco or several, nothing's stopping them from just evacuating.

True, but if the Nostromo had more lifeboats, a lot more survivors would've made it off. Parker and Lambert would've lived. Mistakes and incompetence are a trademark of the universe by now.

Parker and Lambert didn't die because of there being limited life-boats. The shuttle had enough room for four people
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 01:07:34 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Today at 01:00:46 AMIt's almost as if Aliens is poorly written 80's action shlock, but with ground breaking special effects...
Wow, people not enjoying aliens as much as other movies. Considering Aliens as that... damn
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Today at 01:00:46 AM
It's almost as if Aliens is poorly written 80's action shlock, but with ground breaking special effects...
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:34:39 AM
On paper, I really love the idea of Predators. I just wish I didn't find the execution to be so middling, especially in the back half of the film.
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Prez - Yesterday at 11:40:44 PM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: Prez on Yesterday at 09:20:19 AMWow. So many questions I want to ask you @SM. Never knew this. How does one get into a position to be even asked to write such a thing - I'm very intrigued (and forgive my ignorance if this is covering old ground for you).

It's down to SD Perry who put me in contact with Fox licensing while she was writing the Weyland-Yutani Report, and Willie Goldman who put me in touch with them again after staff changes and I lost contact.

After the Disney takeover the licensing staff were all laid off and I've not had contact since.

That's pretty amazing. Wow, what a gig! Shame about the crickets from Disney.
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:08:18 PM
That thing that popped out of Rousseau didn't look like any chestburster I've ever seen.
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 11:05:47 PM
Its a nice scene with nice music but it shouldn't be with the alien. If anything, David's successors should be something completely different.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Still Collating... - Yesterday at 11:04:57 PM
Wasn't expecting it to look this interesting, love the trailer!
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed