Prometheus mysteries wrapped up!!!

Started by DorkiDori, Jan 10, 2018, 10:30:46 PM

Author
Prometheus mysteries wrapped up!!! (Read 7,223 times)

tleilaxu

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 14, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
Jesus was black though ;D
Jesus was as black as the prophet Muhammad, Buddha, ancient Vikings etc.

SM

SM

No Jesus was Batman
No, no, no, no, not at all
That was Bruce Wayne

But seriously...

QuoteFIFIELD
                   What do you think caused them to explode?
                   Predator canons?

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Jan 22, 2018, 09:55:16 PM
No Jesus was Batman
No, no, no, no, not at all
That was Bruce Wayne

irn

irn

The Engineers are actually just Replicants. It's all part of a hoax by Tyrell/Wallace to bankrupt Weyland-Yutani.

Calling it now.

SM

SM

zomg engineer!!1!!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually come to think about it... where were all the black engineers.

Oh and don't anyone say because the alien is black.

kwisatz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 23, 2018, 06:19:46 AM
Actually come to think about it... where were all the black engineers.

Oh and don't anyone say because the alien is black.

A superior species, no doubt!

I show myself out!

SM

SM

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2018, 01:27:17 AM
zomg engineer!!1!!

Scified Exclusive.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 14, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
Jesus was black though ;D

I heard that as from Avenue Q.

3m14.

ChrisPachi

.. *sigh

Black aliens.

Predator@Alien

Hi !

For the people who read this script, we see that there is one first Deacon which was created by an impregnation of an Engineer by a sort of Trilobite. The Engineers tried to recreate this creature with the Black Goo. All of those events where on LV-223.
My questions are :
- What is the creature who impregnate the Engineer ? Where did it come from ?
- What the Engineers were doing on LV-223, before the birth of the Deacon ?

Thank you  ;D

NetworkATTH

I used to love the idea of Prometheus, just thinking it could be executed better. Hell I liked Convenant. I still thinkfanedits make these movies watchable.

What I hate is how they distract from the messages of the first three films, and completely rewrite the tone and theme of them into something else. Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 all had a theme of anti-capital, anti-authority, and anti-military. They are effectively, films not about Aliens, the aliens are a backdrop. It's a film about a lived in world, where capitalism has spun out of control, and they're willing to use a life form that can kill everything and commit atrocity to kill their enemies, whoever that may be.

Alien came off the heels of the Vietnam war. Aliens came in the age of Jingoism of Reagan's America. Alien 3 came during the tired exhaustion of the Gulf War.

And you can feel it in all of these films.

With the neoliberal "end of history" rule over all things, that the idea of capitalism can just go on into eternity, that the problems these 3 films addressed have no bearing to the wealthiest in Hollywood, have ironically, stripped what people associate Alien with. Prometheus had a tad of it.

But now it just feels like space opera. There is no tension. People mistake the cosmic horror and Giger-esque aspect of the films being lost as the #1 problem this series faces now. It's actually quite different. You can have a good Alien movie, with the less Giger influenced beast from Alien 3.

You cannot have an Alien movie when you forget the entirety of the tone of these movies and move to "the mysteries" fans are so eager to eat up. It just feels far more reactionary and far less reflective if all there is left to the meat of the series is monsters and gods.

Immortan Jonesy

The Titan Prometheus delivered fire to humanity in the form of star maps that present a warning.

He then committed kamikaze sabotage on LV-223.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed