DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 117,618 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: BISHOP 93 on Jun 16, 2023, 10:55:39 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Jun 12, 2023, 01:45:34 PMSo are the rumours I just read about the ending of The Flash true?

Spoiler
George Clooney is Batman again?
[close]

Spoiler
Yup. Not the biggest shocker in the film......that goes to the God awful CGI
[close]

Some more info on the ending:

Spoiler

Stitch

Stitch

I quite enjoyed the Flash. Keaton's Batman was undoubtedly the highlight, and I liked Sasha Calle as Supergirl, though she didn't actually have a lot to do.

CGI was ropey a lot, though the director has said that it was supposed to have that look. Maybe, but uncanny valley is a weird intention to have.

Some bits were underwhelming, and there were more dumb bits than I was anticipating, but overall I think it was a good film.

7/10

SiL

SiL

Did it make you forget Miller's many heinous crimes?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ezra Miller's very problematic personal life aside, I liked The Flash a lot too. I thought he did a good job playing two distinct roles, the action was cool, the use of speed was neat, it had a lot of humorous bits, overall I was very entertained.

SiL

SiL

Yes but one of the crew said the movie would be so good you'd forget that Ezra Miller committed heinous crimes.

Have they been wiped from your memory by how good the film is? Or are you still aware of the fact he's a piece of shit?

Like the bar was set. If the movie's not so good I forget his laundry list of criminal activities I don't see the point in watching it.

Kradan

Kradan

LOL, Hollywood people say some weird shit

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2023, 03:57:15 AMDid it make you forget Miller's many heinous crimes?
I was going to say no, but for the duration of the movie, I don't think I was thinking about it so... Maybe? Temporarily? Not the answer I expected to give.

I was also going to say that I'm glad this is in the DCEU and that Flash will be recast going forward, but given Andy Muschietti's comments recently about a sequel, I'm not even sure I can say that either.

Keaton and Calle I'd like to see return, but I do not think Miller should. Mainly I wanted to see it for Batkeaton and he did not disappoint.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2023, 07:01:59 AMYes but one of the crew said the movie would be so good you'd forget that Ezra Miller committed heinous crimes.

Have they been wiped from your memory by how good the film is? Or are you still aware of the fact he's a piece of shit?

Like the bar was set. If the movie's not so good I forget his laundry list of criminal activities I don't see the point in watching it.
I'm still aware of them, but they did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 19, 2023, 05:05:02 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2023, 07:01:59 AMYes but one of the crew said the movie would be so good you'd forget that Ezra Miller committed heinous crimes.

I'm still aware of them, but they did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie.
Then it has not cleared the bar.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Jun 19, 2023, 06:26:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 19, 2023, 05:05:02 AM

Then it has not cleared the bar.
Yeah, that's fair. I think it would have been more enjoyable to watch without Miller and their issues and crimes tainting everything.

ace3g

ace3g

Local Trouble

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 17, 2023, 08:14:29 PM
Quote from: BISHOP 93 on Jun 16, 2023, 10:55:39 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Jun 12, 2023, 01:45:34 PMSo are the rumours I just read about the ending of The Flash true?

Spoiler
George Clooney is Batman again?
[close]

Spoiler
Yup. Not the biggest shocker in the film......that goes to the God awful CGI
[close]

Some more info on the ending:

Spoiler

The fact that James Gunn chose to go with the worst of those 3 endings doesn't fill me with hope for his take on the DCU.   

ace3g

Stitch

Stitch

That's probably the best option for DC movies right now. Make them standalone, but not without the option to connect to others. A Swamp Thing horror movie which doesn't try to be anything else other than a horror movie sounds awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed