The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,505 times)

Corporal Hicks

Exactly. This one doesn't feel like a comic. It actually feels like a bigger sci-fi story. I'm immensely curious to see where Lebbon takes all this build up.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2016, 05:50:29 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2016, 09:03:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2016, 04:12:58 PMIndeed. They (the Queen) was just playing along.

I've always wondered why. To get to Earth? Did they know that was where Spears were headed? It didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

I don't think it was to get to Earth. It was just that moment when she could turn the tables and get her own freedom, one way or the other.

That's exactly it.  She proved that she was conniving.  What was definitely crazy was when the queen mother was "calling her children back to her" across the galaxy.  It's as if the genius who wrote books 1 and 2 was replaced by someone someone else.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2016, 09:06:07 PM
Exactly. This one doesn't feel like a comic. It actually feels like a bigger sci-fi story. I'm immensely curious to see where Lebbon takes all this build up.

Same here. I'm really curious to see what it all builds to by the end of the trilogy.It would be neat if this time period gets revisited in the future, or if they almost do an anthology thing where we get novels set even further in the future. Imagine what the year 3000 might look like in this universe! I would love to see the Marine tech and weird alien technology in comics.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 26, 2016, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2016, 09:06:07 PM

Same here. I'm really curious to see what it all builds to by the end of the trilogy.It would be neat if this time period gets revisited in the future, or if they almost do an anthology thing where we get novels set even further in the future. Imagine what the year 3000 might look like in this universe! I would love to see the Marine tech and weird alien technology in comics.

I'd love that too.

Sometimes I wonder if there will be novels going even further. I was already surprised that Sea of Sorrows took place in 2497 (I loved the AvP snes game for being set in 2493 and was so glad to see that era explored in novel form.)

I remember another game called AvP Last of His Clan set in 2593, these games aren't really the best, but the ideas and settings behind them is what got me so curious, it's the era. I never would've guessed that Incursion was going to be 2692, I thought it was gonna be early 2500's lol.

I wonder if we'll see the 2700's, we're already nearly there as of Predator: Incursion, for all we know, Book 2 or 3 might even go there. If not, then maybe some future books might.

Speaking of the far future, Ultramorph, have you read a crossover comic titled Magnus Robot Fighter vs Predator? It starts in the year 3999 but the rest is set in 4001 AD. This comic got me so interested in the concept of setting this franchise in the very far future. It seems to be the farthest that a Predator has appeared in any official and crossover mediums that I know of.

The Alien Predator

Some reviews on Goodreads.

I'm glad to see the book has very positive reviews in general.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25310556-predator---incursion

The Alien Predator

When can we expect a novel preview for Alien: Invasion?

Ultramorph

Probably late next month or early April if the pattern from last time holds true. I know that I'll be trying avoiding spoilers if the E-book is released early like last time.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 14, 2016, 01:40:58 AM
Probably late next month or early April if the pattern from last time holds true. I know that I'll be trying avoiding spoilers if the E-book is released early like last time.

I'm definitely gonna fail at that. XD

Thanks for the info, Ultramorph. Now this is exciting. The preview for the last book really got me hyped and made the wait for it easier.

happypred

Really hope Lebbon has picked up his game this time around. Predator Incuraion was tolerable but not great in my opinion

The Alien Predator

Quote from: happypred on Feb 14, 2016, 03:08:46 AM
Really hope Lebbon has picked up his game this time around. Predator Incuraion was tolerable but not great in my opinion

I think it will start to pick up in the second book. Book one was really build up and introductions. But now with that out of the way... let the war begin!

Corporal Hicks

I really enjoyed Incursion but it was a hell of a lot of setup. Hopefully with that out the way, it'll pick up the pace and start to really move along.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 08:52:52 AM
I really enjoyed Incursion but it was a hell of a lot of setup. Hopefully with that out the way, it'll pick up the pace and start to really move along.

Hope the Yautja get more of a chance to shine in books 2 and 3

The Alien Predator

Quote from: happypred on Feb 19, 2016, 09:34:07 AM

Once those two books are out, I plan on re-reading the whole trilogy one after the other like one huge book. In a way, that's what Rage War really is, one massive book split into three smaller ones. So Incursion was basically the very beginning of this humongous story.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 19, 2016, 06:58:04 PM
Quote from: happypred on Feb 19, 2016, 09:34:07 AM

Once those two books are out, I plan on re-reading the whole trilogy one after the other like one huge book. In a way, that's what Rage War really is, one massive book split into three smaller ones. So Incursion was basically the very beginning of this humongous story.

I still can't get through this book.  :-(  I fall asleep reading.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Seeing as how we haven't got long, what do you guys predict will happen in the next book?

Ten more weeks to go... teeeen more weeeeks... feels like forever.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed