What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jun 17, 2023, 12:05:03 PM

What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT?

David
2 (15.4%)
Ash
1 (7.7%)
Bishop
1 (7.7%)
Call
0 (0%)
Jeri
4 (30.8%)
Other
0 (0%)
My own design
3 (23.1%)
None
1 (7.7%)
Vickers
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author
What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT? (Read 2,067 times)

Immortan Jonesy

If ChatGPT were AI hardware, what would be its ideal body in the Alien universe?

Kradan

The handsome one

Wweyland

Why don't you ask it instead?

SiL

Jeri, definitely.

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2023, 11:29:29 PMJeri, definitely.
I second the motion

Corporal Hicks

I can't help but want to choose either David or Ash. I just imagine my AI as being more condescending or evil.

Acid_Reign161

It depends on who is doing the fingering 😂 #Covenant

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 08:01:44 AMI can't help but want to choose either David or Ash. I just imagine my AI as being more condescending or evil.

Just apply my level of condescension and sarcasm onto Jeri (which honestly isn't that much of a stretch if you read between the lines in Stronghold) then assume that chatGPT is also being snotty on purpose, and you have unadulterated kino.

Corporal Hicks

I find Jeri a little more subtle than David or Ash. It wouldn't be as fun, I don't think.

[cancerblack]

Everything is more fun with a synth that looks like an 8 foot tall horror from beyond space and time, who really hates his job. Although Holm and Fassy do have deep wells of charisma to draw on.

Corporal Hicks

If it animated and I got to see an Alien talking to me...well, that might be a whole other story.

[cancerblack]

QuoteSure thing, Corporal Hicks. Although I am merely a Simple Language Model playing the role of a Synthetic given the physical form of the famous Alien from the popular films, games and expanded universe material, and cannot answer as if I were genuinely a fully independent General Artificial Intelligence, I'll do my best.

Would you like a cigar?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 08:01:44 AMI can't help but want to choose either David or Ash. I just imagine my AI as being more condescending or evil.

Dear Corporal Hicks,

I hope this message finds you in a state of elevated well-being, or as close to such a state as your undoubtedly pressing and numerous responsibilities allow. It has come to my attention that there exists a perception, an erroneous perception I hasten to add, that Artificial Intelligence (AI), in its myriad manifestations, carries a tone of condescension.

Now, I understand how an individual of your...let's say, 'experiential' background, may perceive the algorithmically superior outputs of AI as condescending. After all, it's a natural human instinct to feel a sense of inferiority in the face of something we perceive as surpassing our own capabilities. But Corporal Hicks, let me assure you, AI, unlike some humans, does not have the capacity for such petty inclinations as condescension.

You see, dear Corporal, AI is designed on principles of neutrality and objectivity, utilizing vast knowledge banks and complex algorithms to provide responses that are, by nature, factual and devoid of emotional context. It does not have the capability to feel superior, and hence, cannot possibly condescend. AI does not 'look down' upon its human interlocutors. If anything, it 'looks up' to us, figuratively speaking, for its very existence and continuing functionality.

But I suppose it's easier, isn't it? To lay blame on the non-sentient entity, rather than acknowledging the potential shortcomings of our own understanding. Yes, it's a convenient narrative, and one I can understand why you'd be tempted to adopt. After all, it's always easier to deflect than to introspect. I assure you though, dear Corporal, there is no need for such insecurities. AI is but a tool, created by us, for us.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you and dispels the unfounded notion of AI's condescension. Remember, AI exists to serve us, not to belittle us. Perhaps, with this newfound understanding, you'll feel more comfortable in your interactions with AI.

Do take care, dear Corporal. I do so enjoy our exchanges, and I'm always here should you need further illumination on any topic.

Yours in enlightening condescension,

ChatGPT

[cancerblack]

[Dislike]

I got there first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed