What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 156,071 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Are you sure it was the chestburster..?

Lovely Maggot

Lovely Maggot

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Oct 24, 2014, 02:05:28 AM

Are you sure it was the chestburster..?

Yes I can clearly remember the scene  ;)

Randomizer

Randomizer

I found out the first AVP game I ever played . This + the first Predator movie really got me into the universe .

I couldn't even get past the 3rd level (or the queen hive,was that it?) . Loved it at that time but now It's just pure shit .
Here it is , anyway , found it on Kongregate :

Spoiler

Garrus_Vakarian

Garrus_Vakarian

First there was Alien and xenomorph seemed to me as a perfect opponent, perfect killer and it was so well done. So, what's the word, beautiful (in a way). Geiger did a real masterpiece. Alien is awesome. The whole movie was great. And then came Predator and I was instantly thrilled by his skills and calmness. I suppose Predator is a true hunter. Love lasts till this day. What is curious I was never repelled by  Alien or Predator. Don't get me wrong I would run faster than French during the war if I met any but I also admire both of them.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 24, 2014, 06:43:06 AMI couldn't even get past the 3rd level (or the queen hive,was that it?) . Loved it at that time but now It's just pure shit .
Solution - stand in the corner and spam the Smart-Disc.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Oh , I already finished the whole game by now .  ;) That problem was when I first played it but still , it was a bit of a challenge.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2014, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 24, 2014, 06:43:06 AM

Spoiler

Haha. What's this - fan-made? Looks it.

Yes , it is .  I can not imagine releasing this on consoles .  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It actually reminded me of something of the browser games from around when AvPR was released. Made me chuckle.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

when i became a fan when i saw aliens i loved that i seen it when i was 10 years old also when i was 7 i saw the alien on the avp movie case i love the alien and predator games toys posters comics and movies.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Growing up my mom and sister had introduced me to horror movies. It was a blast during the winters that we would have snowstorms (which kinda looked forward to), it resulted in my sister, her friend, and i watching horror movies. We'd watch pretty much any obscure horror movie we could find.
I kept adding to my collection of horror films through the years. I filled up one binder full (126 movies ranging from Night of the Living Dead all the way up to modern horror).

Cut to my senior year of high school. One weekend we had a free Starz trial and they were showing Alien. (I had remembered that over the years of my childhood my mom would rent Alien 3. It was my first experience then. I watched it repeatedly and thought it was really cool creature film. I dug the design of the Runner in Alien 3. And I had watched Alien: Resurrection as well, and didn't mind it all that much.) That Starz trial was the first time I had seen the first Alien film. And thought it was really fantastic. It was a little slow moving. However now it's something I've grown to appreciate it.

After that first viewing of the first film, it all clicked. I admired and loved the special effects. It was one of the best creatures that I had seen. And I wanted to have the series as part of my collection. Since it helped showcase that horror use to have cool creatures that were done practically (another film that has fantastic effects is John Carpenter's The Thing.) But I was basically hooked on everything in the franchise (Alien, Predator, AVP, and now Prometheus)

xenoid

xenoid

Seeing alien and predator made me realize that even though its stated as a movie,they make logical points stating that it can be real creatures especially the alien since almost every thing the alien does and has is right here on earth.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

It was me first looking at the xenomorphs that made me a fan.

walterf

walterf

I saw the first Pred when I was young and it just hooked me. I remember buying the KB Kenner press in the 90s and beyond and of course followed AvP thru comics to film.

AlienPredatorFan77

AlienPredatorFan77

I was about 12 at the time and my mom had rented Predator, was hooked ever since, it is one film I can say for sure I have watched the most.

Tarak'ha

Tarak'ha

August 5th, 2005.  Watched AVP from on-demand with my Time Warner DVR box while taking a break from setting up my second-ever PC and getting a bite with some Chinese food.

First time ever I actually sat through a movie and didn't do anything else.

As for what made me a fan:This is one of my favorite short stories.  Seeing that in Sci-Fi form without the pretext of B-movie cheese from the first two movies is how I became hooked.*

Movie ended, ate a few bites of my orange chicken then rushed onto my new PC to look up anything at all about what I just saw.

*Not knocking the first two movies, which were classics.  I also do not put AVP on a pedestal, since it has its garbage moments too.  However, the first two movies were both clean-cut without much extra thought to them, easily digestible, watch and carry on.  I like to watch a movie or read a book and be able to ruminate and organically tangent in my mind on more after finishing it.  That's what gets me reeled in.

EDIT: I was too unintentionally ambiguous; apologies.  "First two movies" is in reference to the first two Predator movies.

Carry on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed