First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 76,243 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Gazz on Aug 25, 2012, 11:58:37 AM
Sounds to me that Fox may decide to hold back the remaining deleted scenes for use in a later special edition or something. Afterall, if they provide ALL the additional material with this package it'll provide consumers with the material to construct their own cuts, thus pipping Fox to the post.

If that is the case, f**k 'em. I'm not interested in buying something with only half of the missing footage available.

departedhero20

departedhero20

im extremely dissapointed with this release of prometheus i like many of u wished for and wanted and extended cut not some half ass movie i hate fox sometimes this is a no buy for me i rather wait if an extended cut is announced or released some time next yeay.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Aug 25, 2012, 11:53:02 AM
I'm a little confused... is it 15 minutes of deleted scenes or 30+ minutes of deleted scenes?  When I added up the deleted scenes information that was released, it came to over 30 minutes of footage.

It could be that the deleted scenes list has about 30 minutes of footage, but only 15+ minutes is new footage. I'm sure a lot of it is extended versions of scenes that are in the movie, with some original bits staying in to give it context.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

I'm perplexed as to why some are disappointed by this release. Surely you should be buying it for the movie in the first instance. If you don't like the movie, why would you buy it for extras/deleted scenes??? It would be like me complaining about Howard the Duck not having a Director's Cut.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I guess mainly because a lot of people who were disappointed recognized that the film wasn't all bad, and that it had a lot of unrealized potential that could be potentially fixed in an extended cut.

Personally, I liked the film, but it did suffer from a few problems that could be fixed and touched up a bit in an extended version.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 25, 2012, 06:18:37 PM
I guess mainly because a lot of people who were disappointed recognized that the film wasn't all bad, and that it had a lot of unrealized potential that could be potentially fixed in an extended cut.

Personally, I liked the film, but it did suffer from a few problems that could be fixed and touched up a bit in an extended version.
I suppose... but that sounds like a classic case of setting yourself up to be disappointed.

SM

SM

Quote from: departedhero20 on Aug 25, 2012, 12:57:31 PM
im extremely dissapointed with this release of prometheus i like many of u wished for and wanted and extended cut not some half ass movie i hate fox sometimes this is a no buy for me i rather wait if an extended cut is announced or released some time next yeay.

If you go by Alien or Blade Runner, you might be waiting a while.

Highland

Highland

I'll be buying the single disc because this will look and sound amazing on Blu Ray.

I have the Alien set on Blu already. I can't see many people buying the super dooper wooper set.

Magegg

Magegg

It says it contains the deleted scenes!

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Highland on Aug 25, 2012, 11:48:22 PM
I'll be buying the single disc because this will look and sound amazing on Blu Ray.

I have the Alien set on Blu already. I can't see many people buying the super dooper wooper set.
Same as... The only way I'd be interested is if it was a streamlined boxset which took less space on my shelf (but that's from a purely practical perspective).

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Highland on Aug 25, 2012, 11:48:22 PM

Yeah, and I don't think most fans would bother with this full box set because there's still Prometheus 2 to come yet..

bobkind3

bobkind3

If you look at the source of the "15 minutes of deleted scenes" it come from an Amazon.fr page that no longer lists the boxset nor these details. I would therefore discount that as a reliable source and would go with the BBFC listing 30+ minutes as these are extra submitted by the company expressly to be included on this  home video release. If this material was withheld for a later director's cut it would still need to be resubmitted so I can't see them paying to have it classified here only to withhold it to pay for a reclassification as part of a longer cut. Therefore I'm going with the long trailed promise of 30 minutes + of deleted footage.

departedhero20

departedhero20

Exactly my point. those were my thoughts exactly at least someone understands my point it isnt the fact that the movie is bad or crap is just that it feels rushed incomplete and it times sort of dumbed down.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: departedhero20 on Aug 26, 2012, 02:08:21 PM

Exactly my point. those were my thoughts exactly at least someone understands my point it isnt the fact that the movie is bad or crap is just that it feels rushed incomplete and it times sort of dumbed down.

The dumbed down feeling is I think Ridley trying to appeal to a wider market.  The mainstream film market is so used to being fed pablum that is has pretty much forced everyone to dumb their films down to drool cup levels in hopes of making a huge amount of money.

SM

SM

Yeah 'cos Alien was so incredibly cerebral...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed