Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,983 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 24, 2007, 08:03:22 AM
The fleshy tone makes it look like a fan with mental issues is soliciting that kid. :o

I couldn't find the exact Predator skin tone, it was the closest one. lol. (also it would be one freckly son of a bitch if that was a person with a predator costume, as i tried to add those freckle-like marks as you can plainly see.)

The kid is supposed to be Molly from avp-r as well, I tried to make it as recognizable as possible. I used the still from the red band trailer where kelly is holding her as the model for her face. lol.

Weasel

Weasel

You know what I find shocking? That there is 205 pages of bickering about a movie that a lot of fans wont see/will hate. And it's about predalien reproductive methods. Which for 'all intensive purposes' is cannon.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 09:20:05 AM
You know what I find shocking? That there is 205 pages of bickering about a movie that a lot of fans wont see/will hate. And it's about predalien reproductive methods. Which for 'all intensive purposes' is cannon.

206 to be exact,  and thats the point disucssing the facts.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 24, 2007, 07:43:45 AM
It inserts a tube!!!!

Not strictly a tube. It's the inner mouth.

Quote from: vehtam on Nov 24, 2007, 07:45:55 AM
i'm inserting my toungue in my girlfriends mouth too. if i spit inside, is it making me face rapist? i don't think so ;)

No, since your tongue and stomach don't double as reproductive organs, but it would make you rather inconsiderate. :)

We'll all see it and the Predalien is still just another Alien, even if it looks different. This film is meant to be basing on what all the other Aliens in their own films have done, which really are canon.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2007, 06:47:17 PM

No, since your tongue and stomach don't double as reproductive organs, but it would make you rather inconsiderate. :)

;D What if I were to use one of my reproductive organs?  ;D

"She bit me"   :o :-X

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 24, 2007, 05:43:13 AM
Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Nov 24, 2007, 05:42:03 AM
Roar.... ???........oh you mean the burp ::)  ;)

No I mean the roar in the green band trailer. What the hell are you talking about when you say, burp? I've got to check that out/mock it.
At one point in the trailer it sounds like a burp but mostly it just sounds like something else in a bad way.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Complaining about people not liking certain aspects of the film, is lame. If you love everything and want to bow before the mighty strause bros., that's your business, but stop pretending that if everyone doesn't agree saying nothing but flowery, sugar-coated positive constructive criticism or ass-kissery to them, that they then have to not voice their opinions.

Judging by how long this thread is, you know that this new idea, is extremely controversial. Its not just people bitching for no good reason. Some people actually like the Alien films, which if they did not exist, you would never have any avp film whatsoever. There are certain expectations when such iconic creatures are featured in a film, you can't just pretend any half-assed idea can count as canon. (which you and some others still mispell as "Cannon" by the way)

Weasel

Weasel

It's so f**king repetitive though. Every thread that somewhat mentions a predalien spawns into some discussion such as this. I'm not pretending. You can't just pick and choose what films are canon and which are not. Oh yeah, Starwars episodes 3-6 are the only canon ones. I'm not ass kissing the bros. I'm giving my opinion, so if you want to bicker about  everything against the film stop pretending that just because I voice a opposite opinion than yours I'm either a zealous Strausi follower or a predator fanboy. If H.R. Giger had invented the puking method everyone would flip shit and call it creative thinking. Don't assume I don't like the alien films on a whim. It's the fact its 206 pages.

Just because you don't like something automatically doesn't make it not canon. My statements simply...states that it's getting kind of boring hearing the same people argument the same thing, when they state that they will not see the movie in theaters. Be mad all you want, it wont change the fact this movie will be made. So pretty much this is a giant thread bitching over elements of a new creature and new production method. This is like arguing over the ALIENS queen. You know absolutely nothing about about how Xenomorphs work in different bodies. And the fact that predators are probably massively different in biology than us.

I'm not saying that throwing up embryos is a grand idea and that it adds nicely to the alien reproductive style, I'm simply saying that 206 pages is a little extreme considering that a lot of it isn't constructive criticism but people using whatever means necessary to discredit it.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 09:19:54 PM
It's so f**king repetitive though. Every thread that somewhat mentions a predalien spawns into some discussion such as this. I'm not pretending. You can't just pick and choose what films are canon and which are not. Oh yeah, Starwars episodes 3-6 are the only canon ones. I'm not ass kissing the bros. I'm giving my opinion, so if you want to bicker about  everything against the film stop pretending that just because I voice a opposite opinion than yours I'm either a zealous Strausi follower or a predator fanboy. If H.R. Giger had invented the puking method everyone would flip shit and call it creative thinking. Don't assume I don't like the alien films on a whim. It's the fact its 206 pages.

Just because you don't like something automatically doesn't make it not canon. My statements simply...states that it's getting kind of boring hearing the same people argument the same thing, when they state that they will not see the movie in theaters. Be mad all you want, it wont change the fact this movie will be made. So pretty much this is a giant thread bitching over elements of a new creature and new production method. This is like arguing over the ALIENS queen. You know absolutely nothing about about how Xenomorphs work in different bodies. And the fact that predators are probably massively different in biology than us.

I'm not saying that throwing up embryos is a grand idea and that it adds nicely to the alien reproductive style, I'm simply saying that 206 pages is a little extreme considering that a lot of it isn't constructive criticism but people using whatever means necessary to discredit it.

Well, It's not my fault the thread is this long. Tons of other people have posted here. But the fact that so many people are passionate about such a topic, shows they care about the alien franchise and just expect things to be done right. It's hard not to be critical when they aren't.

Weasel

Weasel

I don't mind the actual discussion but when people start to say stupid shit for the point of like I said before, just to discredit it.

"Well what about this..."
"This never happened...."
"Strause are stupid f**ks..."

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I agree with you somewhat, but... now its being said that facehuggers might burst out of people instead of chestbursters.  which would be bad...

Weasel

Weasel

I agree to that, it would be pointless to put facehugger embryos in the hosts.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 09:19:54 PM
It's so f**king repetitive though. Every thread that somewhat mentions a predalien spawns into some discussion such as this. I'm not pretending. You can't just pick and choose what films are canon and which are not.

As this is not a film exclusively based in the 'Alien' or 'Predator' series, it's always been a possibility that any released like this could be dismissed as not canon.

I'd rather they not be, because it's easier that way, but if we see things which go against the rules set down in those films, there's not much point in trying to pretend it all fits together.

QuoteIf H.R. Giger had invented the puking method everyone would flip shit and call it creative thinking.

Not necessarily. Look at what happens when we debate Giger's designs for 'Alien 3'. Most people seem to agree that, while very artistic, they would not have suited it very well.

By contrast, what ended up being portrayed in the later film, 'Species', was actually a lot more biomechanical than those designs were.

QuoteJust because you don't like something automatically doesn't make it not canon. My statements simply...states that it's getting kind of boring hearing the same people argument the same thing

Then don't read them. :)

Most of the debates occur because someone tries to say Method X fits in perfectly well with canon, only for people with more knowledge of one of the relevant films to have to point out all the reasons why it doesn't seem to, all over again.

QuoteThis is like arguing over the ALIENS queen. You know absolutely nothing about about how Xenomorphs work in different bodies. And the fact that predators are probably massively different in biology than us.

The Queen fits with egg transformation: Queens are more efficient, with egging potentially being a way for the ordinary adults to get a Queen facehugger.

The 'different bodies' thing doesn't work, as every Alien is still just another alien, regardless of what superficial traits it might have enherited for the eternal features. As for Predator biology, that has nothing to do with any of this, unless you are of the mind PREdator DNA could have given them the oral thing, in which case you have to ask yourself why those hatched from humans and canines don't have a massive phallus on their crotch.

And hey, nobody's saying oral, in an d of itself, is necessarily a bad idea. They're saying that doing it to implant chestbursters goes against what was depicted on screen in 'Alien' - especially with the director now saying they feel the extended versions of the films are canon, in their own view.

Combining that with the fact that this 'Predalien' is meant to be an ordinary Alien transforming into a Queen, plus the admission of there already being "many" facehuggers already breeding in humans and... It does not bode well for trying to make what we know about it fit logically with all of the other films.

Weasel

Weasel

Theres always exceptions in nature. We've only seen two types of alien. Dog/Ox, which was quadrupedal and smaller, and humans. Both humans and dogs both got similar organs, breath oxygen etc. So predators could be massively different.

Plus like Colin stated, we've never seen a pre-queen. Who know, maybe normal pre-queens puke embryos into peoples chest cavities.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 10:16:34 PM
Theres always exceptions in nature. We've only seen two types of alien. Dog/Ox, which was quadrupedal and smaller, and humans. Both humans and dogs both got similar organs, breath oxygen etc. So predators could be massively different.

Not massively so. They're also humanoid, have the same number of eyes, external organs in the same place, are symmetrical, etcetera.

You might find the biochemistry would be different, but they'd still need organs to take care of the same functions as any other living organism does. They would also be placed in the most protective area, just like with us.

QuotePlus like Colin stated, we've never seen a pre-queen. Who know, maybe normal pre-queens puke embryos into peoples chest cavities.

It isn't a young Queen. It's an adult which is becoming a Queen and, if we're going to apply that logic, then we have, in the one on the Nostromo, which had the same situation.

The ones on the Nostromo and Fury did things this one isn't and saying it's influenced by Predator genetics is a cop-out. Similarly, the one on the Auriga was a Queen being monitored throughout its entire development and the scientists were able to predict what would occur and when, because of studying it.

That's a fact even one of the directors referred to, in their recent posts. :)

So, we either take the Nostromo/Fury Aliens as a precedent or the pre-human cycle Auriga Queen. In either case, we know what they did and did not do.

And if Aliens could simply transform into Queens on a whim, there would never have been a point in Queens coming from eggs. Adults would simply march out of the nest and set one up on their own. It would be a lot less trouble, far more efficient and do away with the vulnerability factor.

We now even have it confirmed that one of the main reasons Colin gave for this; Queens supposedly needing to make themselves vulnerable by going out, putting themselves in danger and creating an advance army, is null and void, as there are going to already be "many facehuggers" doing what they do best.

While I'm open to being plasantly surprised by this film, there has been nothing so far to convince me that these sort of ideas have been thrown in there with much thought of what consequences they could retroactively have for the other films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed