Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,977 times)

Otnip

Otnip

Since everybody arguing against this not being canon is completely dodging my point, allow me to say it once more, with feeling.

Super facehuggers: Allows one drone and one queen embryo to have separate hosts. Queen is fully developed at birth due to being a queen embryo. Can be hatched as last resort by the queen (I.E the Sulaco). I guess it can be hatched without an egg sac. Ask Fincher.  ;D

Molting: Gradual process of the development of a dominant Xenomorph molting to a queen. Includes xenomorph finding ways of making new aliens before fully developing to a queen.

What about egg morphing seen in the special cut of Alien? Egg morphing was deleted for the 1979 theatrical release of Alien, and Ridley considers that the true and best version. This is coming from the director of Alien. Yeah.

Why didn't the queen regurgitate to create drones in A:R, and why didn't they know it could? It was a fully developed queen. Born from a true bred queen by coming out of Ripley 8's chest, it was born to begin the egg creating process because of the life development stage at birth. In recorded encounters with xenomorphs, this process of a drone becoming a queen was never found out because of the conditions in which they were established in. If in Aliens a drone did become a queen, the colonists weren't alive to tell them, and didn't know what the hell was killing them anyway. So therefor, the scientists in A:R didn't know all of the xenomorphs reproductive methods, because they didn't witness it, and didn't have a xenomorph trying to become a queen.

Why did aliens try to kill Scar even though he had an embryo? Paul W.S Anderson.  ::)
I doubt any alien would kill a person with an embryo inside them, let alone a predalien embryo. Simply put, AvP doesn't make a lot of sense. A stretch would say perhaps they couldn't detect it because of its fusion of alien and predator DNA.

If the super face hugger can be created by queens, whats the point of drones becoming queens and them using regurgitation? Now, hear me out on this one. A3's Assembly Cut is an amazing movie. But both cuts have one of the biggest series plot holes in movie history: A queen hatching an egg, without a sac, in an area she never went to, and on a ship orbiting the planet she had reproductive means on. Plain cut, non opinionated answer. Seriously. This idea was created for the single purpose to somehow have a third alien with the same lead character. If the setup was fine and it was understood how the egg got there, sure, but no reasons or explanations are to be found. Why should we let one movie's mistake shape the evolution and new ideas of the series? It shouldn't.

I think thats everything. It's perfectly cool to have your opinion on if you like the idea or not, but I hope I was able to explain or show that this idea of aliens morphing and molting to queen status is completely not contradicting the canon of the series. Thank you for reading, and I can't wait to be flamed.  ;)

Good night!

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 11:20:57 PM
So with what your saying is that the Aliens were created as Human-Like from the 1st movie?  Is this because the facehugger planted itself onto the guy (can't remember his name) that found the eggs in the stasis chamber onboard the Space Jockey Ship.   If this is the case, then what REALLY do the ALIENS look like!  What is their 1st design????????

Well, there basic features would remain constant, you know inner jaw, acid for blood, the tubing..etc. But the host determines relative size, whether its bidpedal or quadripedal as well as additional features that help it to adapt to its environment.(if the host uses those traits, its assumed that it is in the environment of the host, therefore it will be beneficial to the alien as well, regardless if it merely bursts out of a creature that is currently not in its natural envrionment, hence the predalien receiving the mandibles..etc.

Facehuggers and the eggs are pure with not host dna. The queen would have the crown and little arms and big tail, but its facial structure and teeth and relative size would vary depending upon the host.
The aliens are adaptable as f**k. The original form would only exist provided they evolved on a homeworld and only there would you find the intended hosts it adapted to impregnate etc.
If they are a creation of the spacejockeys, then perhaps they are a genetic chimera of species, with the most deadliest traits taken and never had a regular form independent of its host.
[/quote]

So then - is it possible that the Space Jockeys are the creators of the alien race?  you also mention that the host determines relative size, whether its bidpedal or quadripedal as well as additional features...............
What would happen if (and only IF) a facehugger was to attack a creature such as the large centipede which has hundreds of legs.  It has been documented that some species of centipede grow to larger than normal proportions.  Lets just say that it happened.....what do you think the result would be of the Alien?
[/quote]

it would have to be a damn humongous centipede and im not sure if its internal structure allows for impregnation, but if it does, you'd have an alien with possibly centipede pincers and maybe lots of little legs but it would still have an inner jaw..etc. and a tail, well at least the body would culminate in a discernable tail from the already slender body. But the head and shoulder proportions would not be that far off from a regular alien. Its not like it would have this long, centipede body so far from the head.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 11:05:08 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 28, 2007, 10:47:20 PM
Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 10:43:45 PM
In addition to my earlier post.  There is one thing that is puzzling me.  Why is it that when Scar got facehugged in AvP and subsequently died thereafter with thanks to the queens tail spearing him before her demise.  Why did the Alien that was birthed from him in the final scene in AvP have the characteristics of the Predator (IE: its mandibles)?

We see now in AvP-R that Chet looks 70% alien and 30% predator...if this is the case why is it that in the 1st three Alien movies when the facehuggers did their part on the humans did they create a 'normal' looking alien.  Why dont those aliens have human-like characteristics?  Its only until we see the Queen interbreed with Ripley in Alien: Resurrection to create the human-like alien.  Doesnt it seem strange that only due to the Queen having direct involvment in the splicing of DNA structurability with Ripley create the Human-Alien?  Which brings me to my point.  I think that Chet looks Predator is because the facehugger that attacked Scar was infact a queen-bearing embryo planting facehugger which contained the DNA of the Queen, heceforth creating Chet as a Queen Alien with Predator-like characteristics making it a Queen Predalien!  If my theory is correct, then there is no need at all for the slow gestation that takes place when facehuggers attack and 'rape' humans.  Perhaps im not making 100% sense in this post, but im just very curious as to how all of this cross-breading is capable from the Alien race.

Every Alien that comes out of a host is a hybrid of the base alien dna and whatever host it came out of.  You saw the human characteristics in the the first two movies.  The dog was quadruped, and the alien res aliens were back to humanish.

The predalien probably looks more predatorish to give the audience some way to identify it as the badass alien.  Though they seemed to have went a little two extreme in the design.

What is their 1st design????????

Nobody knows.

Major Alan Schaefer

Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks cannon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

Otnip

Otnip

You mean I posted that huge post and you didn't even read it Major alan Schaefer?  :D

I did my best to explain it... If I missed anything tell me  ;)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:28:50 PM
Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks cannon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

well to break "cannon" as opposed to "canon" you'd have to find a museum with an old revolutionary war cannon and smash it. lol

on a side note, I can't look at those pics of arnold without thinking "get to da choppa!" or "kill me now, im here, come on!". lol

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 28, 2007, 11:33:10 PM
Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks canon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

well to break "cannon" as opposed to "canon" you'd have to find a museum with an old revolutionary war cannon and smash it. lol

Haha avoid the point...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:33:53 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 28, 2007, 11:33:10 PM
Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks canon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

Haha avoid the point...

but seriously, i thought i've laid out my case fairly well that this vomiting idea not just sucks, but indeed is not canonical and consistent with what happens in the other films.

Otnip

Otnip

Gates, I think what Major Alan Dutch is saying is...

"You lack discipline!"  :D

Originalsin

Originalsin

I think the one thing  that needs to be realized is the predailen is a hybrid and even if someof you think that it goes away from the "real" reproduction cycle, the predalien may have a different way of reproducing. The drone ALIEN in ALIEN had a different way of reproducing. I only wish they would of explored this earlier. DBK

Major Alan Schaefer

consitant...maybe not but it doesn't break canon

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 28, 2007, 11:37:38 PM

or "the cia got you pushing too many pencils?" in arnie's voice.

Major Alan Schaefer

more like...I'm right your wrong nana booboo

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:39:01 PM

more like...I'm right your wrong nana booboo

Haha
So did you check out my post on 106 about why its canon? I just want to make sure that hour of work isn't missed because of my post count  :(

Major Alan Schaefer

i saw it...mostly stuff i've said minus the magic egg of Alien 3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed