Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,983 times)

Demonio Cazador

Oh Boy...another whinefest...  :-\

I'm just going to wait for the movie, to see what's really going on, sounds fairly similar to Species though...let's wait and see.  ;)

Uncanny Antman

^Species' Sil reproduced by doing the nasty with Alfred Molina. 

How does Chet puking into people's mouths sound like having sex with Natasha Henstridge?  :o

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 01:23:46 PM
^Species' Sil reproduced by doing the nasty with Alfred Molina. 

How does Chet puking into people's mouths sound like having sex with Natasha Henstridge?  :o
:D

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 01:16:49 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 01:03:32 PM
You don't like sci fi that has no link to reality? then you dont like sci fi.

That's ridiculous.  You're thinking of fantasy.  Sci-fi is typically set in a universe that can be believably explained, even if there are "made up" elements to it.  (Hence the 'fiction' part of science fiction.)

Fantasy is the one where 'a wizard did it it' if something odd or unforeseen happens.

Lol I realise this...... But 9 out of 10 Sci fi movies include elements that are completley unbeleivable. Trying to say that "the Aliens dont reproduce this way" as fact is just plain dumb. When theres nothing to compare it to.

The fact the Chet might spew aliens is no worse than Cameron turning them into giant ants. I dont see how anyone can call it breaking canon.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 01:36:36 PM
The fact the Chet might spew aliens is no worse than Cameron turning them into giant ants. I dont see how anyone can call it breaking canon.

You're right, the Queen was not canon...but it's introduction was conducive to eggs with facehuggers...which was canon in the original film...he didn't change the existing lifecycle, he just added to it...

The predalien vomiting whatever it vomits down a persons throat is conducive to nothing in any previous film...therefore, breaking canon...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Gates on Oct 26, 2007, 01:42:17 PM

You're right, the Queen was not canon...but it's introduction was conducive to eggs with facehuggers...which was canon in the original film...he didn't change the existing lifecycle, he just added to it...

The predalien vomiting whatever it vomits down a persons throat is conducive to nothing in any previous film...therefore, breaking canon...

The predalien has never been in any previous film, so back to you old boy.... !

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 01:49:20 PM

I seem to remember seeing it in at least one other film  ;)

But anyway, the Queen found a place that fits the life cycle very naturally.  It's easy to imagine she was always part of the plan.  (Even thoguh we know she wasn't.)

Chet seems to be just pushing her way in like some drunk bitch at a party she wasn't invited to.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

predalien is still an ALIEN.

but this is only my opinion but you know if you look at sharks for example... some sharks lay eggs and some just produce babies from it's belly. so i guess the biology could work.. oh well  :-\

Master

Master

But we had Aliens form Human nad Dog in earlier films, and still none of them was acting different form known alien behavior patern. Why predalien should?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 01:50:40 PM

I seem to remember seeing it in at least one other film  ;)

But anyway, the Queen found a place that fits the life cycle very naturally.  It's easy to imagine she was always part of the plan.  (Even thoguh we know she wasn't.)

Chet seems to be just pushing her way in like some drunk bitch at a party she wasn't invited to.

No doubt, I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the concept. I'm trying to tell them the movies are intact, no matter what Chet does.

Master

Master

QuoteNo doubt, I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the concept. I'm trying to tell them the movies are intact, no matter what Chet does.

Truth. She is a fu<king mutant.

Gates

Gates

Ugh...are we really going to play this game? Very well...I will play... ;)

Question: What is a predalien?

Answer: A normal fu<king alien that happens to birth from a predator.

Moral: It shouldn't have any special-make believe-retarded-ill conceived abilities because ultimately it is an alien.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 01:55:25 PM

But we had Aliens form Human nad Dog in earlier films, and still none of them was acting different form known alien behavior patern. Why predalien should?

True, both Earth based creatures, we have an Alien creature infecting an Alien. I'm not saying its right, i'm saying its not impossible, it does go against the grain, but only if you compare it to the other aliens, which you cant. This is the first time we've seen one of these. 

Its been done for the plot, no doubt about that.

Quote from: Gates on Oct 26, 2007, 01:59:29 PM

Ugh...are we really going to play this game? Very well...I will play... ;)

Question: What is a predalien?

Answer: A normal fu<king alien that happens to birth from a predator.

Moral: It shouldn't have any special-make believe-retarded-ill conceived abilities because ultimately it is an alien.

No games dude, I'm telling it how it is... It might be dumb, it might be cheap, it might be the best idea since egg morphing, but it doesnt go against the other movies. 

Watch these thing like reading a comic book. You'll enjoy it more! I think its a ballsy move, but i think its going to pay off. Only the alien hardcores will have big problems.

The general audience, AVP fans and predator fans , i think will like it. 

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

what i'm really worried is that we might not see a queen anymore in avp3 because these predalien can serve the same purpose.. queen was left out only ONCE and i already miss her  :'(

dDave

dDave

so, chet is a pred-alien-giant-facehugger???^^ its really new, such an idea, but in one way also very cool... something that looks like alien^^

and it explained why the mandibles are so large and not strict part of the mouth...

mmh, its a new idea, i like it, very alien-ness^^, but those szenes where chet hug different people, will maybe look like romantic patton^^

no^^, i like it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed