Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 49,680 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Without judging the topic of his sister having a consciousness occupying another body wasn't a question of gender but reconciling with identity. For that matter wasn't Lambert technically retcons as born male, and there's detail in Aliens about the Arcturians which can change sex nobody made a deal about it Frost declaired " It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 10:31:32 PM
I'd  rather see neither. There is such good opportunity for Alien series right there, with Derelict on Lv-426, I can't believe none figured out to take it so far. If it has to be earth, then fish out the Queen from shores of Bovotoya. It is also the plot point ready for taking.

I like that idea with the Queen as well but they do seem to want to keep A/P/AvP pretty separate these days.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but AVP 2004 did not happen and LV-426's a glorified crater.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2021, 10:21:48 PM
I'd almost rather see a show packed with navel-gazing social commentary than some lore-breaking nonsense about the Aliens on Earth.  The prequels were bad enough.

I remain confident that the only "breaking" it'll do is quietly ignoring Rez.

And of course, continue with the at this point pretty clear intent that AvP is a separate IP to Alien.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 10:38:10 PM

Did not happen in the current Alien continuity, did happen in the AVP movie continuity. It's not that one is canon/one isn't, they're just different canons now.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If Ridley Scott is involved in any way, what chance is there that this show would embrace AvP?

Master

Master

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 06, 2021, 10:45:21 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 10:38:10 PM

Did not happen in the current Alien continuity, did happen in the AVP movie continuity. It's not that one is canon/one isn't, they're just different canons now.

For me it is. And I do prefere AvP over Prometheus.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's fine but the rest of Alien doesn't.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2021, 10:46:33 PM
If Ridley Scott is involved in any way, what chance is there that this show would embrace AvP?

Zero. Probably zero if he wasn't involved as well. They're keeping AvP to its own thing these days. I'm just glad we're finally getting some AvP books.

Huggs

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 10:55:18 PM

To each own, I guess.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 11:03:13 PM

To each own, I guess.

Eh... kinda. If the owners have decided that AvP and Alien are distinct properties and "universes" rather than a shared setting, I feel like that's pretty cut and dry.

Alienfanboy

Alienfanboy

Alien 3 was about abortion

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

@Alienfanboy

One can definitely see that allegory, Ripley could've gone Pro Life giving the Alien to the Company but went Pro Choice sacrificing herself killing the Alien queen embryo. 

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

"were looking at a prototype".....is this a thing in casting? Is that like a wish list of things? I mean when they talk about a prototype of "Christian Bale" does that mean.....a very very popular model who can do a variety of conventional/non conventional very controversial  theatrical tropes. Then when they prototype a Joe Blow,....that means what exactly?

Look...if they are looking for a 'actor/model to progress the story throughout the series' they should just say that instead of being purposefully ambiguous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed