Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 318,004 times)

The Old One

The Old One

S3's Finale made up for it for me.
Still amazes me even now how well it captured the idea of us, like Will Graham seeing the grotesque so artistically. Eat the rude.

Russ

Russ

Anyone remember "Tour of Duty" - it was around in the late 80s - basically "Platoon" but on TV. It was ace... trivia, it featured a pre-Batman Kevin Conroy.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Lately been enjoying Better Call Saul a lot, almost as good as Breaking Bad.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 10, 2018, 05:02:39 PM
Lately been enjoying Better Call Saul a lot, almost as good as Breaking Bad.

It's so nice to have Mike back. But they need to hurry up and connect it to breaking bad. Some of the characters like Saul, and Gus (in particular) are starting to show their age. As much as I love the show, I hope they wrap it up with season 4, or at least season 5. Lest they should risk the show getting stale like the walking dead. I don't want to see that happen to any show in the "Badverse" as I'll call it.

MudButt

MudButt

I think they can get another season out of Better Call Saul. I'd imagine this upcoming season is where we finally see Saul sever ties with Kim. I hope the finale ends with that knock on the door from Walt and Jesse, followed by his kidnapping.  :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Jul 10, 2018, 02:39:30 PMAnyone remember "Tour of Duty" - it was around in the late 80s - basically "Platoon" but on TV. It was ace... trivia, it featured a pre-Batman Kevin Conroy.

Funny, I picked up the first series of that on DVD a few years back... Thinking about it, I'm not sure I ever watched it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Vince Gilligan has said the show could eventually run parallel to Breaking Bad, and even go beyond it. I haven't watched since mid season two, though.

The Old One

The Old One

That's so bizarre to me, I thought Breaking Bad in part was so phenomenal because whether Walter got caught or died due to cancer, you knew the whole thing was a ticking time bomb- that this story had an endpoint and the tension was always heightened because of that.

It's not to say you can't do something different with the same creative team in another series, but I've never been keen on those that don't end.

MudButt

MudButt

Better Call Saul doesn't have that same feeling in regard to anyone being caught, but they introduced characters like Jimmy's brother, a love interest, and a few other interesting characters whom we know do not appear in Breaking Bad so it's sort of a ticking time bomb until we see what happens to them. How Jimmy ruins his relationships with them or how some of these characters most likely die.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 10, 2018, 07:37:25 PM
Vince Gilligan has said the show could eventually run parallel to Breaking Bad, and even go beyond it. I haven't watched since mid season two, though.

There's the conundrum. Eventually (and I'd argue already) Saul is going to look noticeably older than he did back when Walter first met him. To have him and other characters who have noticeably aged running parallel to breaking bad would be weird. Mike is the only one who seems to be holding his ground against father time.

I'd be all for a post Walter storyline. Seeing saul get back with Kim, or most likely wind up getting arrested and making it on the inside by offering his legal counsel to the other inmates would be a good way to end that.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 10, 2018, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: Russ on Jul 10, 2018, 02:39:30 PMAnyone remember "Tour of Duty" - it was around in the late 80s - basically "Platoon" but on TV. It was ace... trivia, it featured a pre-Batman Kevin Conroy.

Funny, I picked up the first series of that on DVD a few years back... Thinking about it, I'm not sure I ever watched it.

I remember I loved it at the time - I don't know if it would hold up today, though. If you get round to watching it, let me know.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Better Call Saul is phenomenal and even better than Breaking Bad.

The Old One

The Old One

Crazy talk.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I got about two and a half seasons into Breaking Bad. Didn't really get what all the fuss was about - it was good, but hardly the best thing I've ever seen. Although I'll admit I was just starting to get a little more into it when my TV recorder died and I lost the rest of the show :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ You missed soooo much awesome stuff! The middle is just insane.

Speaking of, started rewatching Season 1 on Sunday, forgot how humane Walt was and how stupid Jesse was.

"Why should I buy two plastic tubs when I got a full bathtub?" *Floor disintegrates* :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed