The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 226,200 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Looks like Ridley will be directiing: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51846

Vulhala

Vulhala

Merged.

And f**k. YES.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

What to explore there, though? Are you aware that our very favourite Paul WS Anderson did some sort of a sidequel to Blade Runner, called Soldier with Kurt Russell? It bombed, though, but I haven't seen it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I'm not gonna get into absolutes and say, "We need this!" or "We DON'T need this!" I'm sure it'll be interesting to follow.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't know about this  :-\? Ridley still has been hit or miss in the past decade.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Nov 04, 2011, 08:57:48 PM
What to explore there, though? Are you aware that our very favourite Paul WS Anderson did some sort of a sidequel to Blade Runner, called Soldier with Kurt Russell? It bombed, though, but I haven't seen it.

I've seen it, thematically and visually it was nothing at all like Blade Runner.

As for where to go, he could do anything he wanted with it. The possibilities are endless for what he could do. I've stated before that BR and Alien could be in the same universe. It's that open.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I'd like it to explore some dystopian backdrop and draw further from other Dick's works...I want something in the vein of Brazil-era Gilliam or early Jeunet/Caro...

Vulhala

Vulhala

I've not cast eyes on any Dick, so I can't comment on whether that's something I'd want to see realised. But again, the whole dystopian/steampunk look is something I'm craving right now. Maybe I'm still buzzing from Deus Ex, but I'm finding myself drawn to it at the moment.

severen76

severen76

Steampunk? No thanks. But cyberpunk? Hellz to the yeah. ;)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 04, 2011, 09:18:55 PM
I've not cast eyes on any Dick, so I can't comment on whether that's something I'd want to see realised. But again, the whole dystopian/steampunk look is something I'm craving right now. Maybe I'm still buzzing from Deus Ex, but I'm finding myself drawn to it at the moment.

You might dismiss it as cartoons but go watch ghost in the shell.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Pn2501 on Nov 05, 2011, 03:05:51 PM

I concur.

x-M-x

x-M-x

harrison ford coming back then ? i mean... if ridley is serious about this sequel... he better hurry up..... harrison ford is what? 69.....

Keg

Keg

Very much doubt it. Sequel doesn't have to mean the same characters return.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I love the idea of a sequel.  That means we can actually advance the technology as we please and get something even more beautiful.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 05, 2011, 03:32:54 PM
Quote from: Pn2501 on Nov 05, 2011, 03:05:51 PM

I concur.

Which reminds me; I've gotta rewatch that sometime soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed