Author Steve Perry Talks Origin of Predator Language & How To Correctly Pronouce Yautja!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 20, 2024, 10:31:46 AM

Author
Author Steve Perry Talks Origin of Predator Language & How To Correctly Pronouce Yautja! (Read 1,949 times)

SiL

Xenomorph is also a generic term. It doesn't actually specify the Alien anymore than using a capital A does.

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

What does SM think about Internecivus raptus though?

Neila

The term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.

Samhain13

Quote from: Neila on Apr 29, 2024, 11:49:36 AMThe term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.

Yea sounds cooler so I accept.

Mr.Turok

Now just finished up on the rest of the interview, some fun and interesting stuff right there! I had me a hearty chuckle when both Perrys just went in and wrote the Predator mindset anyway. Best decision they made on this  :laugh:

And hey for Yautja pronunciation purists out there, least he said that ya'll can pronounce it in anyway you wish as he never saw it as that big of a deal, so go ham. It's also funny how despite attempts of finding another literation for the term like Hish, Yautja is too foundational in the Predator lore for anything to be changed that easily. I mean the Hish itself was an attempted and look how that failed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed