"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

Author
"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life." (Read 13,848 times)

Ingwar

You convinced me guys :)

Jonesy1974

Rudiger

I'm curious as to why the neomorph doesn't attack David. Until that point it attacked everything.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Rudiger on Jun 17, 2017, 06:24:06 AM
I'm curious as to why the neomorph doesn't attack David. Until that point it attacked everything.

He's a smooth criminal, that's why.

Gash

David is the only one that isn't terrified of it. He admires it and the creature itself may be a strong part of the legacy he's taken from Shaw, so I think there are implications to draw from the fact that he's seeking a closer communication with it.

Ash hints that he may have communicated with the alien in the ALIEN novelisation, so the assumption has to be that the alien - and by extension the Neomorph - can tell the difference between a human and an android and regards androids as closer equals.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Also, Stompy in Alien: Isolation ignored the Working Joes. David's not technically alive or organic. Perhaps the neomorph's behavior is an extension of the bio-weapon itself, which is designed to attack animals, and not plants, thus explaining the carnivorous nature of the beast? But if David is not organic, would the weapon even effect him, in any shape or form, be it ampule, bomb, spore or neomorph?

FenGiddel

"...the meat, if you will..."

blood.

I don't think it attacked Walter until he tried to confront it. Even then it bit the hand that was forced down it's throat, and then threw Walter away rather then tear him apart.

razeak

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 16, 2017, 01:16:57 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 16, 2017, 12:59:03 PM
Quote from: Gash on Jun 16, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 15, 2017, 04:31:16 PM
Why Neomorph did run away when David used flare weapon (made by Weyland Industries)?
Why Neomorph didn't attack David in the citadel?

It's the biggest WTF moment in whole movie.

Er... why?

Why wouldn't a newly birthed creature run from a flare (with a sizable shockwave)? It's just self preservation. How can that be an issue?

That newly birthed creature is not afraid when crew shoots at it but runs away from a flare? Come on!

I know a guy who does clay pigeon shooting, he takes his dog with him and it doesn't bat an eyelid to the gunshots. But fireworks night it goes absolutely nuts, scared stiff. So yes it makes sense to me.

The dog is conditioned to it. The neomorphs are new to it.

Sagit

Quote from: blood. on Jun 18, 2017, 03:05:51 AM

I don't think it attacked Walter until he tried to confront it. Even then it bit the hand that was forced down it's throat, and then threw Walter away rather then tear him apart.

All we can get from lore is that xenomorphs are not interested in androids as long as they don't mess with them. See Alien Isolation for that. Xenos don't consider synths as a viable host for their young ones and they don't see them as a source of food. We are not even sure that they eat humans (the albinos from Covenant being an exception I think, but lets face it: they are not xenomorphs).

Jenga

Quote from: Rudiger on Jun 15, 2017, 03:39:17 PM
Nope. Hated it. Far too contrived.

I thought that was about as low as the film could go. Then came the egg chamber scene.

Agreed :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed