SP DLC Speculation

Started by JokersWarPig, Feb 24, 2013, 07:34:10 PM

Author
SP DLC Speculation (Read 64,799 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 26, 2013, 02:13:37 AM
Uh, Gearbox never said anything about Alien3 not existing.

True.

QuoteLike, there's a shitton of stuff to complain about with this game, we don't need to go making up things to be angry about. :P

...Well, they did imply that they thought that Alien 3 was crappy, and they made sure not to use anything presented in Alien 3, which kind of bite them in the ass.

Instead of letting us fight the mega bad-ass W-Y Commandos from Alien 3, they introduced faceless lackluster nobodies with the personality of an air condition unit.

Instead of unleashing the Runner on us they gave us the Starcraft Kenner Spitter Alien...

Instead of revisiting environments akin to the prison on Fiorina 161 they chose to let us drudge around the same old same old same colony facilities and labs - little to no variation.

No mentioning Morse.

No mentioning what happened to Ripley & co. Nothing.

And then of course the biggest bitch-slap of them all - Hicks being alive.

Just saying...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 06:57:08 PMInstead of letting us fight the mega bad-ass W-Y Commandos from Alien 3, they introduced faceless lackluster nobodies with the personality of a air condition unit.

I was of the opinion that the mooks in Alien 3 already were faceless lackluster nobodies.  I certainly don't recall them doing anything noteworthy, aside from killing 85.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: RC on Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:20 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 06:57:08 PMInstead of letting us fight the mega bad-ass W-Y Commandos from Alien 3, they introduced faceless lackluster nobodies with the personality of a air condition unit.

I was of the opinion that the mooks in Alien 3 already were faceless lackluster nobodies.  I certainly don't recall them doing anything noteworthy, aside from killing 85.

The design was down-right amazing and they behaved like ice-cold dicks with (some kind of) British accents. Totally on par with the Marines in Aliens according to me. Worthy foes.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

The design was down-right amazing and they behaved like ice-cold dicks with (some kind of) British accents. Totally on par with the Marines in Aliens according to me. Worthy foes.

Don't bring your fanaticism for that shithole movie ion here! Alien 3 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Spoiler
Good to see you again :)
[close]

Also, could someone tell me what bughunt is going to be anyway? Havent read anything on it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 27, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
The design was down-right amazing and they behaved like ice-cold dicks with (some kind of) British accents. Totally on par Don't bring your fanaticism for that shithole movie ion here! Alien 3 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Spoiler
[close]

Also, could someone tell me what bughunt is going to be anyway? Havent read anything on it.

It's been a long time my Alien 3 hating friend. Been busy around here.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 27, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

Don't bring your fanaticism for that shithole movie ion here! Alien 3 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Spoiler
[close]

It is no fanaticism! It is a matter of taste, PERSONAL taste! To each it's own! I liked it... It was dark and gritty! The Alien was AGAIN scary and not just cannon fodder like in ALIENS! By the way, did you see the Extended Edition of Alien3?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 07:03:37 PMThe design was down-right amazing and they behaved like ice-cold dicks with (some kind of) British accents. Totally on par with the Marines in Aliens according to me. Worthy foes.

When did they speak?  I only recall the asian dude and Bishop II saying anything.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

When the one shoves Morse along at the end, he sounds like a right British c**t. :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

OIC.  I stand corrected then.  Totally badass.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 06:57:08 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 26, 2013, 02:13:37 AM
Uh, Gearbox never said anything about Alien3 not existing.

True.

QuoteLike, there's a shitton of stuff to complain about with this game, we don't need to go making up things to be angry about. :P

...Well, they did imply that they thought that Alien 3 was crappy, and they made sure not to use anything presented in Alien 3, which kind of bite them in the ass.

Instead of letting us fight the mega bad-ass W-Y Commandos from Alien 3, they introduced faceless lackluster nobodies with the personality of an air condition unit.

Instead of unleashing the Runner on us they gave us the Starcraft Kenner Spitter Alien...

Instead of revisiting environments akin to the prison on Fiorina 161 they chose to let us drudge around the same old same old same colony facilities and labs - little to no variation.

No mentioning Morse.

No mentioning what happened to Ripley & co. Nothing.

And then of course the biggest bitch-slap of them all - Hicks being alive.

Just saying...

The reason why they didn't have the runner.

"Facehuggers can only hurg humanz, Xenos are one trick weak dumb bugs!lololololz"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is that why General Perez hired Elgyn's thugs to kidnap innocent humans instead of using lab animals?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 27, 2013, 07:50:40 PM
The reason why they didn't have the runner.

"Facehuggers can only hurg humanz, Xenos are one trick weak dumb bugs!lololololz"

:D

...Still think it has to do with them wanting to make a statement, you know, as "true" Aliens-fans. You know, "f**k Alien 3 for killing Newt and Hicks!". They went out on a limb to find substitutes for the Runner. And instead of implementing the W-Y Commandos they sat down and sketched down a substitute for them as well. Why? What's the point in that? Even Alien 3 haters now and then admit that the W-Y Commandos and the Runner are pretty awesome.

Quote from: RC on Feb 27, 2013, 07:53:28 PM
Is that why General Perez hired Elgyn's thugs to kidnap innocent humans instead of using lab animals?

Whoa dude, that just blew my mind!

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Randy just tweeted:   There will be 3 MP DLC and 1 Campaign DLC. 

Source:  Randy's Twitter, twitter.com/duvalmagic
Date:     Feb 27  2013

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Feb 27, 2013, 07:14:24 PM
By the way, did you see the Extended Edition of Alien3?

Suck is suck to me. :P

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 07:57:02 PM
Even Alien 3 haters now and then admit that the W-Y Commandos and the Runner are pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M#

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 27, 2013, 08:11:27 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 07:57:02 PM
Even Alien 3 haters now and then admit that the W-Y Commandos and the Runner are pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M#

Except for Sir Scardy, because he is the King of the Alien 3 Haters.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed